OT Barksdale returned to practice after surgery last Friday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Some good news here on our Swing OT Barksdale. Never thought I say this but I am soooo happy Barksdale is our swing OT & not Chris Williams currently. I hope is that CW is never seen again back @ OT & remains & grins to improve @ OLG this season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-trim-roster-by-including-local-players/article_de021c9d-5c3a-5abc-baa2-dc9c3cc79279.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 79279.html</a>
Tackle Joe Barksdale, who played well in place of starting right tackle Rodger Saffold, returned to practice Monday after missing the trip to Denver because of complications from an infected cut on his right hand.

“I thought I had cleaned it out good, but apparently a little dirt or something got in there,’’ Barksdale said. “We thought it was bruising, it escalated a little bit, so we decided to get aggressive on it and wiped it out.’’

Barksdale had minor surgery Friday afternoon.

Was it painful?

“Extremely,’’ he said. “Good news is, the infection’s gone ... it will heal ... and I’ve learned something from it: Check your hands for cuts and then clean cuts quicker.’’

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: OT Barksdale returned to practice after surgery last Fri

Good news for sure. :yeh:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Yeah good news hope they got it all and he doesn't re infect.

Side story:
Some of you know I took my grandson to Rams camp and he got some used practice gloves from Gerald Rivers,I put those gloves on to compare my hand size to Rivers.

Since THIS story broke and since it's my expectation that Rivers and Barksdale probably did some hand fighting, I've been somewhat concerned I ,or worse my grandson might have been exposed to MRSA.

He took the gloves to school for show and tell, hard telling how many kids put those gloves on, I'm hoping nothing bad comes of a generous gesture by Rivers,I haven't developed any problems nor has he so I'm pretty confident my concerns are not of substance.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Thordaddy said:

Side story:
Some of you know I took my grandson to Rams camp and he got some used practice gloves from Gerald Rivers,I put those gloves on to compare my hand size to Rivers.

Since THIS story broke and since it's my expectation that Rivers and Barksdale probably did some hand fighting, I've been somewhat concerned I ,or worse my grandson might have been exposed to MRSA.

He took the gloves to school for show and tell, hard telling how many kids put those gloves on, I'm hoping nothing bad comes of a generous gesture by Rivers,I haven't developed any problems nor has he so I'm pretty confident my concerns are not of substance.

You can do a quick test at home to eliminate your concerns; take a black sharpie and color a dime size circle on the tip of your nose.

If it stays black; you are fine.

If it disappears; seek medical attention.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

CGI_Ram said:
Thordaddy said:

Side story:

You can do a quick test at home to eliminate your concerns; take a black sharpie and color a dime size circle on the tip of your nose.

If it stays black; you are fine.

If it disappears; seek medical attention.

:what: :lmao: