Orville

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL

Just noticed who the voice is for the crews little blob crew member.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Where are your friends at ?!?!?!

One's banging your mother and the other is high fiving him....................lol

I'm not really sure how to categorize this show , , it's not really a comedy , it's not really a drama , it did take a little turn to the dark side this week , at least compared to prior episodes

we get Charlize Theron next week , :yay:

Seth Macfarlane does like his musicals

Q729

Legend
I think Seth MacFarlane just loves his sci-fi and is putting on his most sincere imitation of the Star Trek universe, while injecting a little of his humor to sell it to the Fox execs. I definitely get more of a Star Trek vibe than Galaxy Quest through 3 seasons -- from stories like that 3rd episode, right down to the show's musical cues.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those enjoying the show.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-orville-renewed-for-season-2-fox-seth-macfarlane-1202200369/

“Once again Seth has struck a powerful chord with viewers,” said Fox Entertainment president Michael Thorn. “He has delivered a series full of optimism, drama and his trademark humor. We want to thank him and the rest of the talented cast, as well as the producers and crew, for an incredible first season. We can’t wait to see where The Orville travels in the second.”

Fox got behind The Orville in a big way this fall, giving the space dramedy a strong launch pad with the first two episodes getting a NFL lead-in on Sunday. The series premiere delivered a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating and 8.6 million viewers in Live+same day, matching the debuts of NBC’s dramaThis Is Us and Fox’s comedy The Mick in the demo. The premiere viewership grew to 14 million across platforms, marking Fox’s most watched and highest-rated series launch since the 2015 debut of Empire.

While The Orville‘s ratings expectedly slipped when it moved into its regular Thursday slot, the series hung in and last week posted Thursday L+SD highs in both 18-49 (1.2) and total viewers (4.2 million). Season-to-date, The Orville is averaging a 2.5 Live + 7 Day 18-49 rating, a +67% lift from Live + Same Day, and more than 10 million multi-platform viewers, +108% vs. Live + Same Day. A new episode airs tonight.

There is no decision yet on Fox’s new comedy series Ghosted, which has done so-so in its Sundays.

The Orville, created, written by and starring McFarlane, is produced by 20th Century Fox Television. MacFarlane, Brannon Braga, David A. Goodman, Jason Clark and Liz Heldens serve as executive producers on the series. Jon Favreau directed the series premiere episode.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Anyone else still watching this show

tonight's episode

pretty good

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

tonight's episode

pretty good

I think I'm an episode or two behind the last few weeks have been very busy but I'm really enjoying the season.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

tonight's episode

pretty good

I haven't watched the latest episode but will this weekend. I've been disappointed with the show this season with all the preachy soap opera social engineering crap. I really liked the first season but this season is more like high school in space. When they do present a good sci-fi storyline it is never developed, merely window dressing for some social engineering point they want to preach. I realize Star Trek has always had a measure of that in all its incarnations and this series is certainly using Star Trek as a template but it is too much even for a comedy. I hope the series gets more into sci-fi with the blue jokes as it was in the first season.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'll be back after you guys have watched Episode 8

Seth MacFarlane has recently described the humor of the Orville to be more M*A*S*H like then Family Guy like , and this Episode was much closer to that , in that there really much humor in it at all

so..............

I'll be back later

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
This latest episode was much better but the writing is still lacking for good sci-fi. Visually the series, and especially this latest episode has been stunning but the show needs better scripts. MacFarlane should strive for a better sic-fi product since it is only the second season. It wouldn't entail additional cost either. I suppose that is what hacks me off most.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Star Trek Discovery immensely disappointed me. Somewhere along the way, Discovery lost the magic that made Star Trek so special to me. Then came The Orville. The Orville completely satisfied my Star Trek cravings.

Coconut speaks of social engineering. Maybe that's what soured me on Discovery. I feel The Orville is less PC. If you compare the two shows on Rotten Tomatoes you will find the Critics award Star Trek Discovery 82% while the public give Discovery a 49% rating. The critics award The Orville a 65% while the public give The Orville a 91% rating.

Last edited: