Orlando shooting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As a transwoman and lesbian, this saddens me. It absolutely should be labeled as a hate crime.

No offense here, but that it absolute total bull shit. If this happened to a room full of straight while Christian males, not a fucking single word about a hate crime would be spoken. The only way this can be considered a hate crime is the fact that these Isis pieces of shit hate everything about America, they hate our freedoms, our way of life and our beliefs. They don't care who you identify with or what bathroom you want to use, if we were both in that room, we would have been targeted equally.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
It is a religious crime and a hate crime.

It is a crime against humanity, Tron.

I do think we need to re-define what we think of as "religion" though. True religion, is to love God, and love your neighbor, as yourself. In fact, true love is to lay down your life for another.

I realize that, in the name of religion, people throughout history have done horrible things. (And I am cognizant, @CGI of your forewarning,:) ) but it is precisely non-religious, or a man created notion, when hatred takes over.

I won't open up a discussion of Islam, in general, but the cults of hatred within that religion are at war with America, and Christianity. At the heart, they are at war with God.

Jesus never scolded or judged the sinner, for example, but loved and embraced them. He wanted their lives to change for the better, so that they would have fulfillment.

Jesus judged the religious- the Pharisee and the Sadducee. For he saw at their heart, the self-righteousness. And hatred. And judgment.

God bless and comfort those affected by this evil. "What Satan intended for evil, God will turn around for his glory."

There is a God. He is loving. And today He is sad.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No offense here, but that it absolute total bull crap. If this happened to a room full of straight while Christian males, not a freaking single word about a hate crime would be spoken. The only way this can be considered a hate crime is the fact that these Isis pieces of crap hate everything about America, they hate our freedoms, our way of life and our beliefs. They don't care who you identify with or what bathroom you want to use, if we were both in that room, we would have been targeted equally.

But it didn't happen in a room filled with white Christian males. It happened at a gay bar. He specifically targeted a gay bar because he hated gays. Just hours afterward, a guy from Indiana was arrested in California after he tried to target the LA gay pride parade. Thankfully, he was caught.

Hate crimes are hate crimes because they're against members of the population who are targeted for nothing other than who they are. In this case, LGBT people were targeted.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
if not guns, then a homemade bomb. terrorists can get their hands on any weapon they want. fear a government that fears its citizens.
Exactly - well almost.

How did the Paris terrorists get their hands on guns? They have been banned since when? This idea that you can ban something - ANYTHING - and criminals or terrorists will not get them is absolutely ignorant and absurd. Banning guns is an ignorant and simpleton answer to a greater problem. Facing the facts is a much tougher question and one you cannot address with sound bites and "feeling someone's pain". This POS was under suspicion three and two years ago for a reason. He was dropped off the radar for feel good bullshit reasons.

I know some pretty homophobic neandrethals (not friends - but I know them). Not a one of them would think this was acceptable and I would guess to a man, they all are pissed off about this and think this a horrific act. Even some of the worst homophobes wouldn't perpetrate this insanity. These poor victims were an excuse from a deeper and far more insidious ilk. An ilk that needs to be demanded to be rooted out from within. None of us should hold our breaths for that to happen though.

The only thing we can do right now is stop with this nonsense of thinking that stereotyping has no value. It absolutely has value and the smell test needs to be followed. The old saying that if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and walks like a duck, then it's a duck needs to be followed. That doesn't mean you kill the duck - just that you are not afraid to identify it as a fucking duck.

The only exception to this post I feel is that we should all fear a government that DOESN'T fear its citizens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.