Orlando Brown seeking a trade????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the last good LT traded on his rookie contract was Tunsil. That trade was Tunsil, Kenny Stills and a 4th round pick for two 1st round picks a 2nd round pick a guy that was essentially a 4th CB and ST guy and a swing tackle. You can probably start offers for Brown at 2 first round picks.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hahaha fine then ignore the money part of it and focus on the reason he's actually asking to be traded.

He wants to play LT

Is he going to do that with us? And if not will he want to be traded to us. Then ask yourself what is fair compensation for him and no Havenstein is not fair compensation for him. But even then ask yourself again is he going to play LT for us and if not will he be happy playing something other than LT with a different team when his current team could do that too.

No I get that and stated as much. Sometimes tough decisions need to be made for the good of the team. So maybe Whitworth understands and comes to a compromise. I don't know if they even have interest.
That said I'd love to know that when Whitworth goes we have a real anchor who not only could be there for Stafford but even for a transfer of power to a young qb. This is a weird situation and one that should be explored. If the Ravens meet you halfway then it could work if the Ravens look at it like a tunsil trade then that's rough.
We do match up very well though.
Also last thing Brown figures he is never playing LT on the Ravens unless an injury occurs to Stanley because he was paid big money however coming to the rams he knows the position is his next year so he maybe willing to play one more year at RT and then transition over full time as long as he is paid as a LT.
We at least need to do our due diligence.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Subtracting Havenstein and Kupp and adding Brown is a huge subtraction for this year.

Big pass for me.b plus he's at RT for a reason.

I would never do both of them I said that. As separate trades though Havenstein and picks a no brainer.
Kupp I would need to see how it affects our cap and I'm still 50/50.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Let me get this straight, he is a potential All Pro LT and some think that Havenstein is a fair trade?

Well sort of...he filled in admirably at LT. Stanley is the high paid LT all pro. The raven could just trade Stanley and his contract to a team then and put Brown at LT. So he has been a RT.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
So the last good LT traded on his rookie contract was Tunsil. That trade was Tunsil, Kenny Stills and a 4th round pick for two 1st round picks a 2nd round pick a guy that was essentially a 4th CB and ST guy and a swing tackle. You can probably start offers for Brown at 2 first round picks.

Depends he is a RT who filled in at LT. Stanley is the LT. So again then the Ravens would just trade Stanley and get that hall. That's why I called it a possible leverage type of opportunity. And I don't know about you but instead of shitting all over it I would at least like to know we kicked the tires on it that's all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would never do both of them I said that. As separate trades though Havenstein and picks a no brainer.

Orlando would be a likely upgrade over Havenstein. If the long range plan is to move him to OLT then depending on pick compensation it may work. But is he really a good OLT? Havenstein and a fourth?

I don't think its worth trading Kupp. Stafford will need reliable targets. Woods is one. How certain can anyone be that Van can be a third down machine? What if they see Van as the deep threat? Subtracting Kupp seems like a move that opposes the Super Bowl roster idea.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the 32nd pick in the 2030 draft the Rams pick@#$ $%^&* with their first 1st round pick since 2016

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Orlando would be a likely upgrade over Havenstein. If the long range plan is to move him to OLT then depending on pick compensation it may work. But is he really a good OLT? Havenstein and a fourth?

I don't think its worth trading Kupp. Stafford will need reliable targets. Woods is one. How certain can anyone be that Van can be a third down machine? What if they see Van as the deep threat? Subtracting Kupp seems like a move that opposes the Super Bowl roster idea.

Yea that's why Id be torn on that but my thinking was if that trade were made because option "A" didn't pan out then I'd strongly consider the Kupp thing on the premise that we sign a legit receiver like Marvin Jones at possibly half the price. I don't want to trade kupp but I'd have to think about that basically it becomes Brown and Jones for 5-6 million less than kupp. But also bare in mind I dont know how trading kupp effects our cap.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I thought you were suggesting Havenstein and Kupp; and, while I am not supporting it, I did think that was creative and realistic.

I don’t see Havenstein and a mid-round pick, OR Kupp even-up as realistic.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I thought you were suggesting Havenstein and Kupp; and, while I am not supporting it, I did think that was creative and realistic.

I don’t see Havenstein and a mid-round pick, OR Kupp even-up as realistic.

I can see that ...I was hoping the rams would use the RT for RT tackle leverage.....rams colored glasses??? Lol

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Doesnt whitworth want to play next year? I would not kick a team leader to the curb. Bad juju

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Doesnt whitworth want to play next year? I would not kick a team leader to the curb. Bad juju

Yes he does but he doesn't or can't make it through a 17 game season healthy and effective and then the playoffs hopefully a deep run too and expected to be amazing. So he can maybe compromise he always puts the team first but regardless he has shown he can miss time and step right back in. So Brown would get that LT spot full time 2022 fill in for injury and maybe give whit a game or two off down the stretch. I'd at least inquire all depends how the ravens look at this he has been a RT so I'd like to see what there asking price is.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I can see that ...I was hoping the rams would use the RT for RT tackle leverage.....rams colored glasses??? Lol
I always try to look at trades from both sides.

Havenstein and Kupp for Orlando Brown.

From Baltimore’s view.
If they don’t want to pay Brown a huge contract that starts in 2022, and can’t meet his LT request because they already have an elite LT in Stanley, they could look to move him.

The Ravens want to maintain a strong line, and Havenstein is a quality player, and an excellent run-blocker (Baltimore is a running team). Kupp might be viewed as a perfect compliment to the speedy but small Hollywood Brown; and an ideal option for Lamar Jackson. The Ravens don’t have a WR like Cooper Kupp, let alone one as good.

Finally, the Ravens have the cap space for Havenstein and Kupp’s contracts.

From the Rams point of view.
Assume (big assumption) the Rams view Orlando Brown as a LT.

Brown is a clear up-grade over Havenstein (my opinion) and will be cheap for 2021. The Rams can move him to LT in 2022 when a huge extension would go into effect. An extension the Rams could afford with players like Whitworth and Brockers coming-off the books, along with the dead-$ from Goff and Gurley.

The Rams would get significant, and much needed, cap relief for 2021 (between $16M-$18M if I am reading Havenstein and Kupp’s contracts correctly).

I really like Cooper Kupp, and I am not recommending this deal ... just suggesting it is somewhat plausible. Several posters have commented that the Rams top three WRs (Woods, Kupp and Jefferson) have similar skill sets (not sure if I agree with that) and the Rams need a deep option. Deleting Kupp relieves that issue, and provides the cap space to pursue a speed option.

Many trade discussions, while fun, just don’t make sense. Especially for the Rams trade-partner.

I don’t know if I would be in favor of this trade. I like Havenstein, and really like Kupp; and I am not sure Brown would be an elite LT. Finally, I think Baltimore might be able to do better; and Ronnie Stanley is their only OL currently on a big contract.

Baltimore’s problem is whether Brown will insist on playing LT because that does not figure to happen. Stanley is outstanding.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I always try to look at trades from both sides.

Havenstein and Kupp for Orlando Brown.

From Baltimore’s view.
If they don’t want to pay Brown a huge contract that starts in 2022, and can’t meet his LT request because they already have an elite LT in Stanley, they could look to move him.

The Ravens want to maintain a strong line, and Havenstein is a quality player, and an excellent run-blocker (Baltimore is a running team). Kupp might be viewed as a perfect compliment to the speedy but small Hollywood Brown; and an ideal option for Lamar Jackson. The Ravens don’t have a WR like Cooper Kupp, let alone one as good.

Finally, the Ravens have the cap space for Havenstein and Kupp’s contracts.

From the Rams point of view.
Assume (big assumption) the Rams view Orlando Brown as a LT.

Brown is a clear up-grade over Havenstein (my opinion) and will be cheap for 2021. The Rams can move him to LT in 2022 when a huge extension would go into effect. An extension the Rams could afford with players like Whitworth and Brockers coming-off the books, along with the dead-$ from Goff and Gurley.

The Rams would get significant, and much needed, cap relief for 2021 (between $16M-$18M if I am reading Havenstein and Kupp’s contracts correctly).

I really like Cooper Kupp, and I am not recommending this deal ... just suggesting it is somewhat plausible. Several posters have commented that the Rams top three WRs (Woods, Kupp and Jefferson) have similar skill sets (not sure if I agree with that) and the Rams need a deep option. Deleting Kupp relieves that issue, and provides the cap space to pursue a speed option.

Many trade discussions, while fun, just don’t make sense. Especially for the Rams trade-partner.

I don’t know if I would be in favor of this trade. I like Havenstein, and really like Kupp; and I am not sure Brown would be an elite LT. Finally, I think Baltimore might be able to do better; and Ronnie Stanley is their only OL currently on a big contract.

Baltimore’s problem is whether Brown will insist on playing LT because that does not figure to happen. Stanley is outstanding.

I was being greedy I was trying to do only Havenstein and picks for Brown.
OR
Kupp

However when I think about it yes both of them would be a fair trade I'd like them to return a pick in that trade though.

That said I was also thinking along the lines of acquiring brown and then getting Marvin Jones on the cheap in free agency as he seems to want to play in LA (home) and reunite with Stafford allowing us possible room to sign Clowney who projects to 1 year 6.5 million.
That's like 3 needs filled.
I say Jones because of the discount and he has been solid gets TDs and was 2nd to hill in 20 yd or above receptions but I'm game for someone else so that's open.
Clowney is another one if healthy and next to Donald there is always someone who wants to cash in by playing with AD....I would think Melvin Ingram also a fits and gets to stay home.
These are just some random thoughts and me playing stratomatic GM lol.

By the way if kupp were to be traded does it have an effect on our cap this year dead money wise?

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
This could be our LT of the future. He is 24 made the pro bowl twice and still on his rookie deal. He wants to be a LT to honour his dad. They have Stanley at LT who is paid handsomely.

I feel we match up extremely well with Baltimore. They need a real receiver they also may need a real RT who is cheap for the next couple years and they run the ball a lot so Havenstein fits here big time.
As far a receiver trade well this could be where if Havenstein and a low round pick don't work then perhaps a receiver like kupp?
I prefer to do the Havenstein trade. I do think it fits and Brown can be resigned next year or even franchised if need be when the cap gets better/right. This makes a lot of sense. Love this guy and this would be a target of mine no doubt.

Not cooper