Opportunity May Arise for the Rams to Once Again Trade Down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The New York Jets have contacted running back Trent Richardson, creating speculation that they may move up in the draft order to grab him. Who would make sense as a trade partner? None other than the Minnesota Vikings.

It's been no secret the Vikings want to trade out of the No. 3 spot in the draft, and if the Jets want Richardson, they would probably have to jump ahead of the Cleveland Browns at No. 4 to get him.

What does this mean for the Rams?

It could very well mean that offensive tackle Matt Kalil falls to them at No. 6, who the Buffalo Bills want to trade up to draft, according to CBS Sport's Charley Casserly. The Bills would be willing to give up a second round pick in order to do so.

If Kalil would fall to No. 6 and the Rams were to trade the pick to Buffalo, then St. Louis would possess the No. 10 pick and the ninth pick in the second round from the Bills, if Casserly's report is true.

That would give the Rams picks 10, 33, 39 and 41 in the first two rounds.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1160 ... n-24-hours

superfan24

Starter
Re: Opportunity May Arise for the Rams to Once Again Trade D

I would be very pleased if that happened especially if it meant getting Mike Floyd at 10.
Then just adding another potential starter in the 2nd WOW in addition to the two others.
20 more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

superfan24 said:
I would be very pleased if that happened especially if it meant getting Mike Floyd at 10.
Then just adding another potential starter in the 2nd WOW in addition to the two others.

Floyd, yes. Anyone else, nope.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Now that would be incredibly exciting!

steferfootball

Starter

That is a perfect place to draft Blackmon (talent wise), though he won't make it to 10. Flloyd is another good option.

I suppose it all hinges on what the FO thinks of Smith and Saffold. If one of the two of em is a LT, then I think the deal is a good idea. If not, then the trade is a bad idea.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

This is funny. I was just daydreaming less than an hour before I read this thread about the Rams trading down with....Buffalo for the 10th and 41st picks. Then the thought hit me that the Eagles wanted somebody at 33 so the Rams traded down with the Eagles for their two 2nd round picks giving the Rams 4 picks in the 2nd round, 39th, 41st, 46th, and 51st. I could really dig that outcome.

steferfootball

Starter

Ramhusker said:
This is funny. I was just daydreaming less than an hour before I read this thread about the Rams trading down with....Buffalo for the 10th and 41st picks. Then the thought hit me that the Eagles wanted somebody at 33 so the Rams traded down with the Eagles for their two 2nd round picks giving the Rams 4 picks in the 2nd round, 39th, 41st, 46th, and 51st. I could really dig that outcome.
If that happened, I'd be down for a Steven Hill, Ashlon Jeffery, running back, and there are some good gaurds available....lets fix this dang offense.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

Actually, if that trade happened I think it would be highly likely that either Cox or Floyd would be there at 10. These 7 guys will certainly be off the board...
Luck
RG3
Claiborne
Blackmon
TR
Kalil
Tannehill

Cox or Floyd may very well go 7 or 9, but the odds are that both won't go. I'd expect one of the following guys to go in the top 9....
Luke Kuechly
Melvin Ingram
Mark Barron
David DeCastro

So getting the extra 2nd rounder should be a great deal.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

max said:
Actually, if that trade happened I think it would be highly likely that either Cox or Floyd would be there at 10. These 7 guys will certainly be off the board...
Luck
RG3
Claiborne
Blackmon
TR
Kalil
Tannehill

Cox or Floyd may very well go 7 or 9, but the odds are that both won't go. I'd expect one of the following guys to go in the top 9....
Luke Kuechly
Melvin Ingram
Mark Barron
David DeCastro

So getting the extra 2nd rounder should be a great deal.
Absolutely. 3 second rounders? Yeah, sign me up. And picking at 10 doesn't really have that stigma of over-reaching if you take any of the top-rated guys that are available at that spot. Barron or DeCastro would be great there. And I know some people aren't down with Ingram because of his 'tweener' status right now, but I'd pull the trigger on him at 10 in a heat-beat.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

If we were to make that trade we could nab the best Linebacker in the draft, or the best Guard/Right Tackle, or the best Safety, or the best DT, and possibly the best WR....

But what I think we would/should do at #10 would be to draft the 2nd rated corner--Stephon Gilmore, who may be our #1 corner anyway.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

DR RAM said:
If we were to make that trade we could nab the best Linebacker in the draft, or the best Guard/Right Tackle, or the best Safety, or the best DT, and possibly the best WR....

But what I think we would/should do at #10 would be to draft the 2nd rated corner--Stephon Gilmore, who may be our #1 corner anyway.

Trading back to that #10 range wouldnt be bad.

A lot of late reports out suggesting Dre Kirkpatrick is falling fast. I dont think he'll fall to 33 but he could get pretty close, especially if a CB needy team takes a chance on Jenkins. Dream scenario: We trade back to 10, get Floyd, package the pick that we received from trading down along with #33 to move back into the bottom of the first to snag Dre.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:

Trading back to that #10 range wouldnt be bad.

A lot of late reports out suggesting Dre Kirkpatrick is falling fast. I dont think he'll fall to 33 but he could get pretty close, especially if a CB needy team takes a chance on Jenkins. Dream scenario: We trade back to 10, get Floyd, package the pick that we received from trading down along with #33 to move back into the bottom of the first to snag Dre.
Drafting Floyd is not my dream scenario, but I understand what you are saying.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Is 10 about the lowest anybody would want to trade down? It's pretty close to me. I think you still get an impact player there. Further down, that starts to diminish a bit but in my eyes, the top 40 picks this year could be impact players on the Ram's roster.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Ramhusker said:
Is 10 about the lowest anybody would want to trade down? It's pretty close to me. I think you still get an impact player there. Further down, that starts to diminish a bit but in my eyes, the top 40 picks this year could be impact players on the Ram's roster.
Yeah, 10 is the magic number for me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DR RAM said:
Ramhusker said:
Me too. It's perfect. Especially if they can wrangle another 2nd rounder out of it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

X said:
DR RAM said:
Ramhusker said:
Me too. It's perfect. Especially if they can wrangle another 2nd rounder out of it.
Kalil
Claiborne/Gilmore
Richardson
Blackmon
Kuechly
Poe
Cox
Barron
Decastro

This is my top 10 from the other thread. There are a few more players that could potentially be here, or maybe top 10 for other teams, but for the Rams from my perspective...this is it. Everyone else is lumped together after this from 10 - 25.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ

Angry Ram said:
superfan24 said:

Floyd, yes. Anyone else, nope.

This +1 ....I really think if this happens...Floyd will be a Ram.