OPI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-12-22_15-4-47.png
h

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
That first OPI was a 3rd down play and OBJ didn't get the first down on the play, so the OPI call would have been declined anyway. Without the OPI, Jenkins very possibly could have had a pick 6. The dumb-ass announcers just kept heaping praise on OBJ on the play for his one handed catch rather than commenting on the obvious OPI.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That first OPI was a 3rd down play and OBJ didn't get the first down on the play, so the OPI call would have been declined anyway. Without the OPI, Jenkins very possibly could have had a pick 6. The dumb-ass announcers just kept heaping praise on OBJ on the play for his one handed catch rather than commenting on the obvious OPI.
Yeah, I know it was right before the FG, but it allowed them to run it again . . .and there was that hold the second time, and with that hold they are backup up . .. and maybe Rams hold them to FG . . .

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I think it's legal if the WR and DB are both making contact and still within 5 yards of the LOS.
I don't think so if ball is in the air . . . I;ve seen DPI on short passes because when ball is in air, you cannot touch, offense or defense. The third one finally drew a flag and is was no more blatent than these two.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think it's legal if the WR and DB are both making contact and still within 5 yards of the LOS.
Only... if the receiver is behind the LOS.

Any contact, by either team, when the ball is in the air, should be some kind of holding, or interference, even within the 5 yard zone.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Fish
(On if the Giants ran illegal pick plays where they had receivers crossing throughout the game)
“Well they were called once. The design on longer down and distances, as a lot of people are doing it now, is to just release and block and get the ball underneath. Sometimes the contact is before the ball is thrown. The rule states it has to be more than a yard or two yards or more for contact. There was a couple times in there where it could’ve been called, but it wasn’t.”