Opening of L.A Stadium Delayed to 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
The Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers will have to wait longer than expected to move into their new digs.

The Inglewood stadium, scheduled to be completed by 2019 and house the recently relocated Rams and Chargers, will be delayed one year and should be ready for the start of the 2020 NFL season, the teams announced Thursday in an e-mail to fans.

The delay is due to record-setting rainfall from January through March in the Los Angeles area, per the Chargers.

The Rams and Chargers will play at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and StubHub Center, respectively, through the 2019 stadium, per The Los Angeles Times.

Around the NFL will have more on this story soon.

NFL Link

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I got the email too. Weather delays seem common in the construction industry.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really do not like this idea of sharing a stadium.. i can't explain why but i really don't like.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!! At my age I was worried I might not live long enough to go to the New Stadium, and NOW they are going to delay it a year!!!!!#$%^Y&&*())_)(*%$#@!:seizure::(

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I really do not like this idea of sharing a stadium.. i can't explain why but i really don't like.

I don't like the idea either, it feels like you are always playing in someone else's home (kinda like now), but I have some friends that are NY Giants fans and they got used to it pretty quickly. On game days they completely forget another team even plays there.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hopefully this doesn't further delay the uniform change too. I should call it UNIFORM CORRECTION.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Hopefully this doesn't further delay the uniform change too. I should call it UNIFORM CORRECTION.
Good question -- the other question that leaped to mind is: since they'll be at the Coliseum for 2019, does that also mean another home game in London that year?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Rain.... You freakin' serious??
It's rain
Rain delays construction a YEAR???
How does 20 days of rain turn into 365 days of delay?
California needs to grow some balls

Ramon Ram

Starter

So I'm sure there are many out there like me who refuse to invest in current uniforms. To wait another year to buy the new ones will only hurt overall team uniform sales and they can't afford to do that with the Chargers selling powder blues all day long.

Step up and launch the new ones next year already.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whew, I know!..They need to change those beautiful white horns WIDER..otherwise, Blue and White IS perfection!:rockon:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers will have to wait longer than expected to move into their new digs.

The Inglewood stadium, scheduled to be completed by 2019 and house the recently relocated Rams and Chargers, will be delayed one year and should be ready for the start of the 2020 NFL season, the teams announced Thursday in an e-mail to fans.

The delay is due to record-setting rainfall from January through March in the Los Angeles area, per the Chargers.

The Rams and Chargers will play at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and StubHub Center, respectively, through the 2019 stadium, per The Los Angeles Times.

Around the NFL will have more on this story soon.

NFL Link
MOTHERFVCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shooting:

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Good question -- the other question that leaped to mind is: since they'll be at the Coliseum for 2019, does that also mean another home game in London that year?

Yes, I believe that any team playing in a temporary stadium MUST give up a home game to the International Series.

Sucks for the Home fans but potentially good news for us European fans

Ram65

Legend
A bit of an unpleasant surprise. Does the delay increase cost? You would think they could pick up the pace some. Could be a safety issue I guess. Interesting to find out what the rain effected and how it causes that much of a delay.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Meanwhile 400 miles away in Phoenix.....
images

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
A bit of an unpleasant surprise. Does the delay increase cost? You would think they could pick up the pace some. Could be a safety issue I guess. Interesting to find out what the rain effected and how it causes that much of a delay.

If the current delay has caused them to be wary of missing the start of the 2019 season then it makes sense to open the new stadium at the start of the 2020 season rather than mid 2019.

Doesn't it?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I always thought 2019 was a pretty optimistic time frame anyways

and even without being a conspiracy theorists , this doesn't surprise me at all

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion