Open spot on 53 man

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Adding & Depending on OL Brandon Washington to help put out the flame of pain currently ongoing in this Ram team.....like adding premium gas.

I would go with Gilbert.....try to find a QB to groom up some instead of the trio we currently have. Not like we will putting up any points anytime soon to keep it close.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'd say promote one of the PS LB's, and get them on Special Teams and let Mr. Bates watch from the sidelines and see that a game can actually be played without embarrassing yourself with all of the silly antics and stupid taunting penalties.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
either that, or promote Conrath, to combat the 3 step quick release passing game that they are bound to see. His 6'7 frame and reach could come in handy. Make it harder to throw over or around.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think Michael Sam is the most deserving of the roster spot. Although I'd still like to bring in Pryor.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'd say promote one of the PS LB's, and get them on Special Teams and let Mr. Bates watch from the sidelines and see that a game can actually be played without embarrassing yourself with all of the silly antics and stupid taunting penalties.
Agreed, and I think K. Reddick is that guy. He has yet to show it in the NFL but he was a heck of an athlete at Carolina (go 'Heels!). I would like to see what he can do on special teams.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
either that, or promote Conrath, to combat the 3 step quick release passing game that they are bound to see. His 6'7 frame and reach could come in handy. Make it harder to throw over or around.
That's what I expect to see. Lose a DL, gain a DL. Yes Conrath is a tackle vs. Long an end, but our DL is so flexible inside/outside, and a good defensive line rotation is so critical, this is my expectation.

Then again... the bigger question may be who replaces Long on the 46? They call up Conrath from the PS, what's the chance he's active?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think whoever they put on the 53 man roster is not likely to dress this week. It's already Thursday.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
On the 46 man active roster it's gotta be Westbrooks - right?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think whoever they put on the 53 man roster is not likely to dress this week. It's already Thursday.
although if they promote someone of the PS, which is the likely course of action, they are already here, already included in the game plan, already have a knowledge of the system. So why wouldn't/couldn't they be active?

Someone like Conrath, for example would be able to just pick up where he left off and be able to contribute. Not saying there's any guarantee it would happen, but it wouldn't be out of the question either.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
although if they promote someone of the PS, which is the likely course of action, they are already here, already included in the game plan, already have a knowledge of the system. So why wouldn't/couldn't they be active?

Someone like Conrath, for example would be able to just pick up where he left off and be able to contribute. Not saying there's any guarantee it would happen, but it wouldn't be out of the question either.

If that PS player has been spending his week taking reps at his position, then yes - but doesn't the PS generally play scout team?

It's not like this injury snuck up on the Rams. Maybe they have been getting Conrath reps this week and aren't announcing a roster move because they want to surprise Tampa with it

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If that PS player has been spending his week taking reps at his position, then yes - but doesn't the PS generally play scout team?

It's not like this injury snuck up on the Rams. Maybe they have been getting Conrath reps this week and aren't announcing a roster move because they want to surprise Tampa with it
While they usually are part of the "scout team", that doesn't mean they aren't in the positional meetings, seeing the same things that the others are seeing in terms of game plans, are still participating in all of the unit drills. It's not like these guys aren't part of the normal practice. Also, it's not that they install anything "new" in the game plan, they just pare it down for the specific opponent. The reps they get each week in practice are more of a scripted group of plays that are going to be included in that weeks game plan.

So most of these guys who went thru training camp, will already know the assignments. They just aren't lining up and taking the reps with the starting units. That all would change obviously, if they are promoted to the 53.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'm not sure, but I don't think Stedman would be one of those reinstated. Bailey was suspended for PEDs, not recreational drugs
Who the heck knows. The nfl has its underwear so twisted right now its not even funny.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Congratulations to Matt Conrath '07 on today being signed by the Rams to their 53 man roster off their practice squad. #SRPride

-- give the man a cigar!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would go with Gilbert.....try to find a QB to groom up some instead of the trio we currently have. Not like we will putting up any points anytime soon to keep it close.
So you'd advocate 4 QB on the 53 man roster?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No confirmation from the Rams yet, but I have seen multiple tweets congratulating Conrath on being promoted to the 53 man - so its him.

Now, will he dress?

Coach O made a good point about using that length to bat down quick hitters. I kind of doubt that that is enough to get him a Sunday uniform - I think they dress Westbrooks and keep the current 4 man DT rotation going, but who knows.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm not sure, but I don't think Stedman would be one of those reinstated. Bailey was suspended for PEDs, not recreational drugs
But they're talking about bringing Welker back and he was suspended for Aderall use which is a PED.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No Just three. I see no future Ram QB to groom on the roster now! Its time to get started now!
Ok.
Just wasn't sure what you meant. If we promoted Gilbert and released a qb it still would have left an open spot.

Well it's Conrath which I find interesting.