Open Letter to Bruce Arians

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramathon

It's not a persecution complex if the observed patterns are accurate. It's only a persecution complex if everyone, in the NFL, is operating honestly and fairly. Now, do u really believe the latter to be the case, 'cause there are names for that "dynamic" as well.

By the way, while I am one of the strong proponents of the former, there are many here, perhaps a majority, who disagree. So, I still wouldn't agree that this represents a collective.

Now you're just being argumentative. Of course, everyone 'involved in the NFL' (league office, refs, media, etc) isn't on the up & up. People are people. We all have our biases. And I'm sure there are some in every group 'involved in the NFL' who don't like the Rams and/or the Rams organization for all sorts of various reasons. That's so blatantly obvious, I can't believe it needs saying. But apparently, it does. :rolleyes:

azcards

UDFA
Blotchy Bruce was just angry because the Rams took out his QB1 and QB2 in consecutive games. Tough toenails Brucey. Hope you enjoyed the Ryan Lindley experience as much as I did!!

Palmer's ACL took out Palmer, damn those ligaments in the knee.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Palmer's ACL took out Palmer, damn those ligaments in the knee.
Yeah, it was kinda freakish that one. It just seems that every time you all play us, you lose a QB. Kinda sucks, because I was pulling for you all after we were eliminated.

azcards

UDFA
Yeah, it was kinda freakish that one. It just seems that every time you all play us, you lose a QB. Kinda sucks, because I was pulling for you all after we were eliminated.

Thanks man. This season up until Palmer's knee had a lot of promise. It was a more balanced team compared to Warner's Cards (although I'd rather have him). Would have been great to see what could have been, but such is life.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
That's not just a stretch it's a HUGE leap, the Rams didn't have anywhere near what AZ had when Arians stepped into that role. It's laughable dude, don't even go there.

EDIT

Sorry quoted the wrong post......I wanted to quote the post you were responding to and somehow you snuck in there LOL.

Anywhere near? that is debatable. We're talking about the 5-11, then 8-8, and then back to 5-11 Cardinals before Arians took over right?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
ROD is a Homers board plain and simple. Those who mock us for that are absolutely right. The thing is we've left the rest of them in our rear-view mirror and they don't like it. For proof check out any other Rams board at any time of the day or night and see how many eyeballs are on their site compared to ROD. Keep in mind that ROD has been around for less than 5 years.

We root for the St. Louis Rams, players, and coaches and trash anyone who doesn't and make no apologies about it. There's nothing logical or rational about love. You're either in love or you're not.

Yes, there's room for intelligent, thoughtful discussion about the Rams but if you trash our team the collective membership here will be all over you. There's nothing fair about it. We can criticize our own but those on the outside like Bruce Arians or anyone else do so at their own peril.

17zw35.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ROD is a Homers board plain and simple. Those who mock us for that are absolutely right. The thing is we've left the rest of them in our rear-view mirror and they don't like it. For proof check out any other Rams board at any time of the day or night and see how many eyeballs are on their site compared to ROD. Keep in mind that ROD has been around for less than 5 years.

We root for the St. Louis Rams, players, and coaches and trash anyone who doesn't and make no apologies about it. There's nothing logical or rational about love. You're either in love or you're not.

Yes, there's room for intelligent, thoughtful discussion about the Rams but if you trash our team the collective membership here will be all over you. There's nothing fair about it. We can criticize our own but those on the outside like Bruce Arians or anyone else do so at their own peril.

17zw35.jpg
tumblr_lib6lzkIJ21qcnhhzo1_r1_500.gif

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

17zw35.jpg
I don't think any of us is a homer to the extent that others mean it when they're calling someone a homer (essentially calling them irrational) to win an argument.

For example, I don't think any of us are SO irrationally in love with the Rams that we'd say both Pro Bowl teams this year should consist entirely of Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think any of us is a homer to the extent that others mean it when they're calling someone a homer (essentially calling them irrational) to win an argument.

For example, I don't think any of us are SO irrationally in love with the Rams that we'd say both Pro Bowl teams this year should consist entirely of Rams.
I just assume people are calling me a Greek poet when they call me Homer.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

The Rams will finish 16-0 and win the super bowl next year, we have the best players at every position, Wells will win MVP because they will play him as a C / TE role he will have about 15 TDs, 22 pancakes and 0 sacks allowed at the end of the year.

:snicker:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

"Homer" doesn't mean stupid or irrational. "Homer" means a loyal fan who doesn't bail out on his team even after many losing seasons. We can criticize our own but others can't. I expect exactly the same from every other fanbase in the NFL and respect them for it. Now where's that Kool-Aid jug? :shades:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
"Homer" doesn't mean stupid or irrational. "Homer" means a loyal fan who doesn't bail out on his team even after many losing seasons. We can criticize our own but others can't. I expect exactly the same from every other fanbase in the NFL and respect them for it. Now where's that Kool-Aid jug? :shades:
True, but when someone is using it as an insult, they're pretty clearly meaning it as stupid or irrational.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Why can't one express respect for an opposing HC and still remain a die hard Ram fan?

Those two things are not mutually exclusive, after all.

Arians has done a terrific job with the Cards. That seems undeniable to me. Hell, he's my pick for back to back Coach of the Year.

Yeah, he inherited a better team than Fisher did, but he won 21 games in his first 2 years while Fisher only won 14.

They both coached in the tough NFC West.

Both coaches suffered more than their fair share of crippling injuries and suspensions.

But Fisher had the advantage of 18 years of HC experience (when he started in St Louis) AND those elite extra picks from the RG3 trade.

Look, Arians doesn't have an ounce of political correctness in his body. None. So why should we expect the diplospeak to flow after an emotional win where his 3rd string QB had to finish?

Arians isn't stupid. He had to know at the time that his hard earned playoff chances had just gone down the tubes. Small wonder that he spoke as he did.

I think he's a helluva HC and would swap Fisher for him in a heartbeat AND offer to pick up the pay differential as a sweetener.

But none of the above means that I don't remain a die hard Ram fan and want to beat the snot out of the Cards every time we play them. Lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Why can't one express respect for an opposing HC and still remain a die hard Ram fan?

You can and you have. But in a thread trashing Bruce Arians you shouldn't be surprised if there's some blowback. ;)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

200.gif