Open Letter to Bruce Arians

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I find this thread laughable. Arians gets his team to 10 win seasons back-to-back in his first 2 years in the most competetive division in football, with less resources than Jeff Fisher, and people are bagging on Arians and not Jeff Fisher?
Wow well why don't you go root for the cards then

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Maybe he's cardinal fan! Just joined and all that! If not, he didn't pay attention to what the red blimp said after the Rams game with his team this month!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't want to put the carriage before the horse, but I think it is safe to assume that when the Rams beat the Cardinals next year (and they will) that Fisher will have something to witty to say.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Rabid, if you read what I wrote carefully, I am questioning Fisher's performance as Coach while using Arians' as a comparison. I indirectly give him credit for a better performance but do not take that as a sign of Cardinal fandom on my part. And, that brings me back to Fisher. If you really want the Rams to win, aren't you upset that Arians is getting better results with less experience and less resources and in less time than Fisher? I am.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Rabid, if you read what I wrote carefully, I am questioning Fisher's performance as Coach while using Arians' as a comparison. I indirectly give him credit for a better performance but do not take that as a sign of Cardinal fandom on my part. And, that brings me back to Fisher. If you really want the Rams to win, aren't you upset that Arians is getting better results with less experience and less resources and in less time than Fisher? I am.
So an established vet qb a stong #1 reciver and a dominant defense= less experience and resources then a team that has to be completely overhauled(list 5 players left on this squad from the moment fisher took over thats still here today) im truly unsure where you are getting this comment from

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Less resources? Have you really looked at what we had compared to the Cardinals? Sam Bradford, Steven Jackson, Robert Quinn, Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, and Rodger Saffold were the only players that were considered starting caliber when Fisher took over. That's it. Bradford has been injured for all but three preseason games this year, Jackson has been a Falcon for two years now, and Saffold has gone from playing left tackle to guard. We had almost nothing when Fisher and Snead took over.

Compare that to the Cardinals, who have Fitzgerald, Campbell, Peterson, Dockett, Daryl Washington, Dan Williams and Rashad Johnson from their roster. One future Hall-of-Famer, four All-Pro caliber players (although Washington can't get his act together off the field) and two great starters.

I'm not upset. Am I disappointed? Hell yeah, I am. But upset? No. This wasn't a rebuilding project we took on; this was a demolition of the many years of incompetence that we have had in order to rebuild.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If you really want the Rams to win, aren't you upset that Arians is getting better results with less experience and less resources and in less time than Fisher? I am.

Fisher lost his starting QB in preseason. Yet the Rams still beat the Broncos, 49ers, and Seahawks. Arians lost his starting QB well into the season and things have been going downhill for the Cardinals ever since. Do you see the correlation there? Losing your starting QB screws everything up more than losing any other player on the team.

Yes, I believe that Bruce Arians is a good head coach but he had no business ridiculing the Rams after they beat us by 6 points. This is why there are so many ridiculing comments on this thread aimed at him.

An no, I didn't care for Fisher's attempt at humiliating Snyder and the Skins right before we played them either. Coaches should be gracious after a win or a loss. The proud will eventually be humiliated. It's a law of the universe.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"ELIMINATED..."
giphy.gif

th

The Arians Pie Hole Prophecy is now complete. I now release you and your team of Dead Birds to go fishing.
Next time keep your mouth shut after a close, hard fought victory over a division rival...for it may be your last victory. The three-game Prophecy of suckage i have put forth upon you is now over. Pray i do not have to step in again.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I find this thread laughable. Arians gets his team to 10 win seasons back-to-back in his first 2 years in the most competetive division in football, with less resources than Jeff Fisher, and people are bagging on Arians and not Jeff Fisher?

Yep, he's a regular season stud muffin-top.

And how many Playoff games has he won? That's right, he's got nothing but a worse draft pick. Lobster boy is ultimately a loser.

moklerman

Warner-phile
This thread reflects poorly on some of the fans around here. So petty and spiteful. Too bad.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Deal with it.
Are you trying to illustrate my point?

Some of the stuff being said is PD type stuff. Not ROD caliber IMO.

Like I said, it's too bad. But just because I'm disappointed though, doesn't mean I'm not "dealing with it".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Like I said, it's too bad. But just because I'm disappointed though, doesn't mean I'm not "dealing with it".
Get over it.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Dear Mr. Arians,

Sorry to hear about your quarterback woes. I've heard that can be difficult.

Signed,

Jeff Fisher

p.s. Gregg sends his apologies for blitzing you into this position.

p.p.s. Wait, no he doesn't.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Excuse me? At the PD, most of the negative comments there are pointed at the Rams FO, coaches and players, not to mention fellow posters.

We here at ROD reserve the right to be offended by things said by opposing HCs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This thread reflects poorly on some of the fans around here. So petty and spiteful. Too bad.
I agree that it reflects poorly...in terms of the pride of some of the Rams fans who weren't bothered by Arians comments about our team. But you know what? It's not up to me to decide all of that, or call them out. If it didn't bother you or hit home with you congratulations Mokler. I'm actually not surprised it didn't.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I agree that it reflects poorly...in terms of the pride of some of the Rams fans who weren't bothered by Arians comments about our team. But you know what? It's not up to me to decide all of that, or call them out. If it didn't bother you or hit home with you congratulations Mokler. I'm actually not surprised it didn't.
Letting one's ego get in the way of rational thought and common sense doesn't equate to pride in my book. Manufactured disrespect isn't something to be proud of.