OOOPS I Fell In Love , Please Help

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Yes I too can't stand to hear one more Verses article. I'm an over 50 year HARDCORE Rams fan and the NFL Draft has always been my most favorite day and now days as I liked the old style but thought 15 minutes was too much time for first round picks in the old days.

Every year since I was a kid in Rams Blue and white pajama's I always fell in love with one or two players in hopes they would become the next Rams great to take us to the Super Bowl and forever glory. Every year I pound the table for my guy and no one is listening , or he goes earlier than expected and sometime to a rival team. Meaning I have to hate him forever . As a young person I was living in SEC central but Loved The Fighting Irish and their long famous histories that were larger than life. Grantland Rice , 4 Horseman , Hornung and those Golden Helmets .

So sometimes I would favor an Irish player like when I got lucky and we drafted #5 Bettis "The Battering Ram" who never found his groove till he became the BUS . My Dad being a homer would root for Bear Bryant and Bama as I would pull for Ara Parsigian (sp?). Bear never beat them. As one of 4 boys its a wonder I was'nt abandoned. All being from Miami but living in L.A. or Lower Alabama in Panama City Florida very near FSU as we even have our own FSU campus now here 100 miles from Tallahassee. We all 4 played football. My parents respected MY choice of favorite Pro team along with Gabriel,Snow and the Fearsome Foursome and all the Greats till GSOT till the very hard last 15 years.

I could still find Joy and always HOPE that those next players I watched film on would become Ram superstars and take us back to Glory. Having two great years now with ROY players is Awesome. Now we get that Number One pick again and we get to know ahead of time without a doubt it is one of two players. I watch all the film I can on both and OOPS I fell in love TOO HARD this time as I'm seeing CHAMPIONSHIPS GALORE (IF) we take the right one.

So to counter that at my age with a wife and grown family I watch and read all the more on the other player as so many that are'nt ballistic we even made the trade up and just let the QB come to us , seeing many more needs. That camp I was in till I bought into it being a must to have an elite QB to win in todays NFL.

(Next Phase)I start watching every game I can and start seeing things That for me projected so much better than the Jim Everett days when I thought one day with Dickerson he would become Elite. Then Eric Kept asking for more money and we had to ruin that dream of both players together. Now we have Todd Gurley who is the next Eric Dickerson to me since I watched his Freshman season at Georgia in AWE.

Now we have a chance to get who I see Montana,Warner,and many other unnamed NFL Quarterback Greats in his skillset. Eli crapped the bed in his first six NFL games replacing Warner and seeing what I am blinded by and project this kid to heights no one has predicted he will reach. I see in footwork and quick release and most importantly accuracy . Yes with the obvious errant throws. I two have TRIED to come to the point of others that will be happy with either quarterback we choose . We have heard it ALL on who will play first and why and who will fit better and why.

Of COURSE I will get behind the other guy and start to believe others know MUCH more than what I can see , and made this decision they thought was best for The RAMS. Right now Though I am just being Honest saying I see future Glory as soon as we add to our reciever corp. Am trying to even force myself to believe we will take the other guy to prepare myself for a brief dissapointment and start to rebuild my belief WE did the BEST thing for the Rams.

I feel tortured as there is too much time yet to pass till the draft and things are getting testy between our family members who think they know whats best. I think I will force myself to focus on anything other than my usual Christmas Day in the Draft as this year holds almost TOO MUCH Promise of HOPE we have missed since Warner on any given 3rd down in his prime here with us or the Cardinals as he went out on top in his second to last game having 5 TD's and 4 incompletions against Aaron Rodgers. Then he met our Current Defensive coordinator the next week in his most jinxed place to play in his career in New Orleans where we lost one Playoff game we should have won and the infamous 9/11 Super Bowl. (Spygate)

Forgive me as my honesty has given myself away in who I prefer and just wish I could make myself believe starting now that the other choice is REALLY best for us. Like always I have no say in the matter and am used to being wrong in who I want and who we get in the draft , with a few exceptions I won't brag about as they might not have worked out once we got the players I actually wanted.

Just wish I had not fallen so hard watching this certain player thinking with time he would transform our team along with who we already have and escaping any injury I can see Many SuperBowls for our Glorious RAMS.

I was just wondering if any of you other Diehard RAMS fans are having just the opposite feelings for the other Quarterback, and see us winning Super Bowls with Him ? This seems much different than any other past possible draftee as QB is so much more critical to a team in todays NFL. I guess you'll all write me off as a dementia patient. Just saying this year is SO much different from any past year. The film study has caused me to see things I find so rare in a kid this young I see transferable and his college coach said his main noticable change was how much he improved from one year to the next. Will this Dream keep on going or will I get dumped out the back of the truck next Thursday night and start building our new guy up as I have this one. Sorry I could'nt help this and this is only my third post and last on the subject.

Any of you non ND people that have been longtime Rams fans having the opposite visions of Glory?

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes I too can't stand to hear one more Verses article. I'm an over 50 year HARDCORE Rams fan and the NFL Draft has always been my most favorite day and now days as I liked the old style but thought 15 minutes was too much time for first round picks in the old days.

Every year since I was a kid in Rams Blue and white pajama's I always fell in love with one or two players in hopes they would become the next Rams great to take us to the Super Bowl and forever glory. Every year I pound the table for my guy and no one is listening , or he goes earlier than expected and sometime to a rival team. Meaning I have to hate him forever . As a young person I was living in SEC central but Loved The Fighting Irish and their long famous histories that were larger than life. Grantland Rice , 4 Horseman , Hornung and those Golden Helmets .

So sometimes I would favor an Irish player like when I got lucky and we drafted #5 Bettis "The Battering Ram" who never found his groove till he became the BUS . My Dad being a homer would root for Bear Bryant and Bama as I would pull for Ara Parsigian (sp?). Bear never beat them. As one of 4 boys its a wonder I was'nt abandoned. All being from Miami but living in L.A. or Lower Alabama in Panama City Florida very near FSU as we even have our own FSU campus now here 100 miles from Tallahassee. We all 4 played football. My parents respected MY choice of favorite Pro team along with Gabriel,Snow and the Fearsome Foursome and all the Greats till GSOT till the very hard last 15 years.

I could still find Joy and always HOPE that those next players I watched film on would become Ram superstars and take us back to Glory. Having two great years now with ROY players is Awesome. Now we get that Number One pick again and we get to know ahead of time without a doubt it is one of two players. I watch all the film I can on both and OOPS I fell in love TOO HARD this time as I'm seeing CHAMPIONSHIPS GALORE (IF) we take the right one.

So to counter that at my age with a wife and grown family I watch and read all the more on the other player as so many that are'nt ballistic we even made the trade up and just let the QB come to us , seeing many more needs. That camp I was in till I bought into it being a must to have an elite QB to win in todays NFL.

(Next Phase)I start watching every game I can and start seeing things That for me projected so much better than the Jim Everett days when I thought one day with Dickerson he would become Elite. Then Eric Kept asking for more money and we had to ruin that dream of both players together. Now we have Todd Gurley who is the next Eric Dickerson to me since I watched his Freshman season at Georgia in AWE.

Now we have a chance to get who I see Montana,Warner,and many other unnamed NFL Quarterback Greats in his skillset. Eli crapped the bed in his first six NFL games replacing Warner and seeing what I am blinded by and project this kid to heights no one has predicted he will reach. I see in footwork and quick release and most importantly accuracy . Yes with the obvious errant throws. I two have TRIED to come to the point of others that will be happy with either quarterback we choose . We have heard it ALL on who will play first and why and who will fit better and why.

Of COURSE I will get behind the other guy and start to believe others know MUCH more than what I can see , and made this decision they thought was best for The RAMS. Right now Though I am just being Honest saying I see future Glory as soon as we add to our reciever corp. Am trying to even force myself to believe we will take the other guy to prepare myself for a brief dissapointment and start to rebuild my belief WE did the BEST thing for the Rams.

I feel tortured as there is too much time yet to pass till the draft and things are getting testy between our family members who think they know whats best. I think I will force myself to focus on anything other than my usual Christmas Day in the Draft as this year holds almost TOO MUCH Promise of HOPE we have missed since Warner on any given 3rd down in his prime here with us or the Cardinals as he went out on top in his second to last game having 5 TD's and 4 incompletions against Aaron Rodgers. Then he met our Current Defensive coordinator the next week in his most jinxed place to play in his career in New Orleans where we lost one Playoff game we should have won and the infamous 9/11 Super Bowl. (Spygate)

Forgive me as my honesty has given myself away in who I prefer and just wish I could make myself believe starting now that the other choice is REALLY best for us. Like always I have no say in the matter and am used to being wrong in who I want and who we get in the draft , with a few exceptions I won't brag about as they might not have worked out once we got the players I actually wanted.

Just wish I had not fallen so hard watching this certain player thinking with time he would transform our team along with who we already have and escaping any injury I can see Many SuperBowls for our Glorious RAMS.

I was just wondering if any of you other Diehard RAMS fans are having just the opposite feelings for the other Quarterback, and see us winning Super Bowls with Him ? This seems much different than any other past possible draftee as QB is so much more critical to a team in todays NFL. I guess you'll all write me off as a dementia patient. Just saying this year is SO much different from any past year. The film study has caused me to see things I find so rare in a kid this young I see transferable and his college coach said his main noticable change was how much he improved from one year to the next. Will this Dream keep on going or will I get dumped out the back of the truck next Thursday night and start building our new guy up as I have this one. Sorry I could'nt help this and this is only my third post and last on the subject.

Any of you non ND people that have been longtime Rams fans having the opposite visions of Glory?

That was an excellent and quite enjoyable read!!

So you didn't mention who u wanted, but I'm sure its the golden boy from CAL.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I trust the Goats won't eff this up, what he may lack in the obvious measurables he more than makes up with the intangible factors ( that either you have or don't) you mentioned

I'm just completely baffled how some (Jaws,Simms not to mention many well respected members here) dismiss or put so little stock in something so critical.

Oh well, I saw last night at least Kiper has it right (oh shit, there's the kiss of death for you)

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry I posted such raw emotions as I truly think that probably came out as pure babbling . I think I had to get it out as I am on OVERLOAD and Its getting scary this years Christmas Days present is just TOO BIG!!!!

Tell me the smarter one is out there feeling the same emotions for the other guy . Who will be my next Hollywood Hero . I will back whomever. Was just seeing Visions in my old age. I promise this was my 4th and last post on the topic. Not bad given the topic. :deadhorse: :giveup: :fuelfire:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I promise this was my 4th and last post on the topic. Not bad given the topic. :deadhorse: :giveup: :fuelfire:

There's no limit on this topic for you or any other member. What else is there to talk about when it comes to the Rams?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
There's no limit on this topic for you or any other member. What else is there to talk about when it comes to the Rams?

How about this? Assuming, (and I think it's a pretty safe assumption), whoever we get (Goff) succeeds, the Rams cap hit for the QB position will be around $10M a year for the next four years.
For all three. We are kinda in the opposite position of the hell we were in before the rookie wage scale came down to earth. And if the fifth year option (and/or) a 5 year contract costs $20-25M a year, that's a good thing right?:yess:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well I'll say this... Whichever QB they take is coming into a downright great situation. It is rare for the top two choices to both get drafted by teams that don't have depleted rosters. The Rams' roster is in great shape and if the kid comes in and wins the job he'll have the ability to be considered for ROY because of it.

I guarantee a full season of bubble screens and short passes to both Gurley and Tavon will pad his stats. And then he will have some other weapons that might be better this year with a good QB throwing to them.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Good news, Merlin.
The Rams are taking our guy.
Every day that passes it looks more and more clear.
Gotta feel for the Rams fans who fell in love with the "other" QB.
I'm with ya, visions of glory in the years to come.
Listen to Michael Silver, truly sounds like a done deal.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I remain unconvinced which QB is going to be best for our Rams or which will ultimately be better. I haven't fallen irreversibly for either thanks to the heavens. I stand firmly on the fence. With that said, I can see how EVERYONE could take sides in this debate and see the pros and cons of each kid. Fact remains, as history has shown time and time again, that nobody knows the fate of these two QBs. We are going to be, regardless of which one becomes a Ram,a much better team having them on the roster. But don't think for a moment that these two will not be forever more compared. Every game, we will cheer for our guy and look out the corner of our eye to see how the other guy is doing. It's a good time to be a Rams fan and hopefully it will be for a long time to come.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I was just wondering if any of you other Diehard RAMS fans are having just the opposite feelings for the other Quarterback, and see us winning Super Bowls with Him ?
1. Excellent post. I enjoyed reading threw your football memories. That's pretty awesome your dad let you root for whatever teams you wanted. My dad would probably have a stroke if I was a Husker (sorry @Ramhusker ) or 49er fan, but he taught me well!
2. I'd have to say that if we we're to draft the opposite quarterback that I want in this year's draft, I'd still be pretty joyful and optimistic that we could win championships because
A. It's an automatic upgrade that we desperately needed and
B. our GM and head coach must have seen something more valuable in that guy then what I saw.
However, we still need to upgrade our offense - especially our wide receivers - before I see our dreams coming true.

Thanks for the wonderful read, @GabesHorn !