Only 6 players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Have more TDs than Pettis. He had really showed that he can be trusted. After a silent preseason and week one, he seems to have Sams full trust. I remember all the people saying he was a good pick, but Salas would he the better of the two. I don't care what anyone says, this dude is clutch, and always seems to make the catch if it is even possible.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Problem is (I guess) that's he's not flashy enough.
Dude does his job though, and has the trust of the QB.
That's good enough for me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
El Juggernauto said:
Have more TDs than Pettis. He had really showed that he can be trusted. After a silent preseason and week one, he seems to have Sams full trust. I remember all the people saying he was a good pick, but Salas would he the better of the two. I don't care what anyone says, this dude is clutch, and always seems to make the catch if it is even possible.

Yeah he is clearly Bradford's go to guy now that DA is gone. And you're right he is making plays and as far as
I'm concerned he's one of the few bright spots on this offense right now.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
X said:
Problem is (I guess) that's he's not flashy enough.
Dude does his job though, and has the trust of the QB.
That's good enough for me.

Yup. Pettis is being helped by the attention the faster guys are getting, but he is playing smarter and more reliable than anyone else.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
just wish his hands were more consistent

I don't fully understand this. Everyone misses one now and then, but this dude makes some great catches and seems pretty clutch to me. I think he is by far our best WR option when a catch is needed.

A55VA6

Legend
Everyone knocks on Pettis but the guy shows up when you need him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Pettis has been great so far, I've always been in his corner when the debate was him vs Salas, he's someone who's not the most flashy guy, but he'll just go out and do what he needs to do to help the team win.

As the rest of the receivers develop and improve he'll get even better.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Pettis has also been with Sam more than any other WR, so it'd be logical to think they've developed some chemistry over that time. Pettis has taken Gibson's role. We still need other WRs to step up.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Pettis is great in the redzone and on 3rd and 4th down, we kind of saw some of that last year. But I would like to see more of Quick between the 20s, he can run over guys and make big plays.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Not to toot my own horn, but I called this shit... :yay1:

The mighty and powerful Prez said:
I'm taking Pettis here. I know the hype train is rolling full steam on Austin, but it's questionable that we're able to grab him. Bradford built a rapport with that dude, the second half of the season he had 27 targets. He's got arms like Dhalsim from Street Fighter and he's moving into the much hyped 3rd season for receivers.

I think he's a great in house option to replace Amendola's role, and even Gibson's place as a solid yet unspectacular athlete who will make the grabs you need, when you need them. 65+ catches, probably not a shit-ton of yards, but yards that make an impact in the game.

Don't worry, I'm a lifetime member.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Warner4Prez said:
Not to toot my own horn, but I called this shyte... :yay1:

The mighty and powerful Prez said:
I'm taking Pettis here. I know the hype train is rolling full steam on Austin, but it's questionable that we're able to grab him. Bradford built a rapport with that dude, the second half of the season he had 27 targets. He's got arms like Dhalsim from Street Fighter and he's moving into the much hyped 3rd season for receivers.

I think he's a great in house option to replace Amendola's role, and even Gibson's place as a solid yet unspectacular athlete who will make the grabs you need, when you need them. 65+ catches, probably not a shit-ton of yards, but yards that make an impact in the game.

Don't worry, I'm a lifetime member.

Nice call Mr. Warner.

iced

El Juggernauto said:
iced said:

I don't fully understand this. Everyone misses one now and then, but this dude makes some great catches and seems pretty clutch to me. I think he is by far our best WR option when a catch is needed.

he's missed/dropped a LOT of easy catches, especially at Dallas/SF

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I've been underrating Pettis for a long time. I was wrong about the guy. He's turning into a pretty good player. Best hands on the team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
El Juggernauto said:
iced said:

he's missed/dropped a LOT of easy catches, especially at Dallas/SF
Are you sure? Because I'm only showing 2 drops all year.
With a 65% catch percentage (which is good).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
HE WITH HORNS said:
Pettis is great in the redzone and on 3rd and 4th down, we kind of saw some of that last year. But I would like to see more of Quick between the 20s, he can run over guys and make big plays.

Pettis is a solid pro. I like the guy. Despite "some" drops, dude has INCREDIBLE hands. Think 4th down against Buffalo last year.

But I'm with you HWH... I think Quick presents more problems talent wise for the defense... He's just not quite there yet. But he's showing progress!