One Thing Kurt Said that Stretched the Truth...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I remember that World Series, Dodgers could not hit their way out of a paper bag. 4 games to 1 to the Amazing's back then.
Did you look at it again? That throw was an absolute strike by Ferguson to Yeager...It's almost impossible for a throw like that to happen....

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Most of us only got glimpses on the sports highlight segment after the 11 o'clock news or during Monday Night Football at halftime (Howard Cosell was the best at that).

Man, did I love the Half-time Highlights on Monday Night Football. Growing up in North Carolina, it was my best source for seeing tape of the Rams. I still remember the highlights of Fred Dryer's two safety day against the Packers. Thanks, Mackeyser, for bringing up some good memories!

As for Warner, after '99 I'll give him a pass on just about anything. Just like when I was growing up watching Ernie Nevers on the radio. :shocking:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK @LoyalRam I seem to remember quite a bit from my youth and have amazed family members with that ability over the years. I still remember Rams vs. Giants game in December of 1970 George Allen's last regular season game as Head Coach of the Los Angeles Rams and I was four.

Have a great recollection of the 73 Rams and I was only 7 and Hank Aaron's 715th Home Run April of 1974 against Al Downing and the Dodgers (that's why I remember) and till this day can tell you every Dodger that was on the field when Aaron hit it. So some do have the ability to store those memories, however, as my wife says ask me if I have watched a certain movie before and I couldn't tell you.
btw the way Den, you can't compare your memory capabilities to Kurt, cuz yur an absolute freak! Fly-boys are that way...

"We have to score points. We HAVE to get points!"
~Den

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I had just moved to SoCal and I definitely remember watching that 1976 Rams team.
I was gonna say something similar....I started watching the Rams in 1975....just a little....I'm not sure what year that they switched colors but it seems it was the 1976 season...I always wanted to see what Shack Harris would do...would he play? We always seemed to win...until the playoffs..and we always had a few games blacked out....oh yeah, if you played with your antennae, you could sometimes pick up channel 8...the San Diego station, and watch some of the games...Kurt could have watched a bunch of games as far back as 1974

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was gonna say something similar....I started watching the Rams in 1975....just a little....I'm not sure what year that they switched colors but it seems it was the 1976 season...I always wanted to see what Shack Harris would do...would he play? We always seemed to win...until the playoffs..and we always had a few games blacked out....oh yeah, if you played with your antennae, you could sometimes pick up channel 8...the San Diego station, and watch some of the games...Kurt could have watched a bunch of games as far back as 1974
yeah he could have....but football is a much more complex game than basketball or baseball even...As for Kurt watching a game in 1974 at age three...and then using tape to spell his favorite QB of the weekend to play outside in the yard...I don't know about you, but I didn't even start to learn spelling/reading/writing until 1st grade..which was what, 5 years old?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I posted the original post in good natured way...don't act like I called Kurt Warner a liar.
You were bothered by it enough to post and invite feedback, which I tried to give. Apologies if my post came off the wrong way. I did read your original post as good-natured and tried to respond in kind. My attempts at humor -- mocking the "fake news" machine and the "pass" pun -- fell about as flat as Kurt's attempts!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Speaking of "fake news" (from the fatbot note above)
MIck Jagger's new song includes the linke "all the news is fake"....takes a knighted sir to know./

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I sure as heck remember Johnny Unitas. Many Rams fans do not realize that the Baltimore Colts and 'ol bow legs was our greatest rivalry outside of that stench of a team that shall not be named from the northern bay area.

It was Roman Gabriel vs. Johnny U.......Deacon Jones vs. Bubba Smith......Maxie Baughan vs. John Mackey....Tom Matte vs. Merlin Olsen......Ken Iman/Tom Mack/Joe Carollo vs/ Mike Curtis........George Allen vs. Don Shula.
Heh.....those games were so intense that it came into my family room through the black and white TV set. You just knew that every play was significant and one mistake could make all the difference. Points were hard to come by with that loaded Colt defense and our own Fearsome Foursome.

It was, gentlemen, football at its finest.

And very soon we are going to get back to playing games with that intensity....that significance. I believe that we will see that this year.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Good call my Woo Pig neighbor!

I was about 8 when the Rams challenged the great Unitas and the Colts in the Coastal division in '67.

I don't remember games as a whole so much as images, mostly in black and white, playing in my head. Sitting with my Dad.

Even before the hated Vikings of the '70's and the Whiners of the '80's, it was the Baltimore Colts.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If he was a football nut I am sure he memorized every line from John Facenda narrating for NFL Films.... I know I did. So he could just be referring to that and pretending to be one of the all time greats. And of course he eventually became one himself.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm gonna say something and I'm not stretching the truth at all - Kurt is the best ever. That i have seen since 1990. His stats in the playoffs backs this up though.