One-On-One with Herschel Walker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Herschel Walker on Gurley: 'He's playing what you call crazy football'

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:54p ET
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...alker-todd-gurley-plays-crazy-football-110315

The rave reviews keep rolling in for Todd Gurley and the latest player to weigh in on the St. Louis Rams rookie sensation knows what's it's like to be in his cleats.

Herschel Walker, who also took the college game by storm while starring at the University of Georgia more than three decades ago, stopped by the Rams' practice session Tuesday and was effusive in his praise of Gurley.

View: https://twitter.com/STLouisRams/status/661735920308125696

The 1982 Heisman Trophy winner, who went on to star in both the United States Football League and the NFL, Walker told the team's official website that Gurley's season-ending knee injury at Georgia a year ago simply delayed the inevitable.

"I still told a lot of people, this is one of the best running backs that is going be in the league soon," Walker said. "And to see what he's doing now is very special. He's playing what you call crazy football."

The same could have been said about Walker, who laughed off suggestions that he could have provide any pointers to Gurley after watching him rush for the most yards (566) of any player in his first four starts during the Super Bowl era.

"What's so funny about it is he's so good he doesn't need any advice from me," said Walker, who likened Gurley talents to those of former Chicago Bears superstar Gayle Sayers. "He is playing so well, you watch how fluid he runs. ... He's exciting.

"What makes it great is, whenever he touches the ball you never know what's going to happen and that's what I think the people of St. Louis have got to be happy about."

jap

Legend
I never expected a comparison to Gale. Yes, TGII is smooth like Gale, However, Gale would stutter step a little at times. I don't think I have ever seen TGII stutter step even once. He just makes an instantaneous decision on where he's going with rock and he appears to be moving even as he is deciding. Still, that is a very high-end comparison. After all, it was Gale Sayers---not Jim Brown---who was voted the top halfback of the first 50 years of pro football. Currently, it's a Gurley World!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I never expected a comparison to Gale. Yes, TGII is smooth like Gale, However, Gale would stutter step a little at times. I don't think I have ever seen TGII stutter step even once. He just makes an instantaneous decision on where he's going with rock and he appears to be moving even as he is deciding. Still, that is a very high-end comparison. After all, it was Gale Sayers---not Jim Brown---who was voted the top halfback of the first 50 years of pro football. Currently, it's a Gurley World!
He wasn't the only one who compared him to Gale. I did too, but I added another player. Arian Foster. It's his smooth gait. I thought he was a mix of the two, but he may be more powerful than both. He's just a beast.

If you watch him return kicks in college, you'll see it.

Last edited:

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

Gurley has NOT reached his Final GAME SPEED yet. We even have MUCH MORE to look forward too. This guy is SOOO Special and I love his personality the most and so Proud to see him IN HORNS and our colors leading everyone to RAISE Their games. How can they not. Look how he rehabbed and fought off pain. Todd has only played one game without the brace and the hurdles and other moves he has in his toolset are so unique. Power & speed with Vision that is just now returning. Future is NOW!!! NO INJURIES!!!