One of my best friends died.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wont go into details but one of my friends I've known since high school died. He was 32. Hit by a car as he was crossing the cross walk. Died instantly. Haven't cried like this in years. Best of the best of us. 10x out of ten should of been me dying before him. He was a great guy. Woukd trade life with him in a heart beat. Venting sorry.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man! Sorry to hear that. Way too young. Vent as much as will help man. We can't do much but can be a decent sounding board.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know the feeling, Tron. My best friend died suddenly in his sleep when he was 26. I still don't know why (his parents would never tell me), but it was the most empty depressing feeling I've ever had. It's rare when you find a friend like that, so it's a tremendous loss when he's taken from you.

Truly sorry, dude. Really.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sorry Tron.
Been through it, although thankfully, not ina while.
It's the shocking ones like that that are so tough.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Absolutely devastating Tron. Truly sorry to hear that.
I wish there was something I could do or say to help you through this, other than I hope you can cling to the good things he brought to your life.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tron,

So so sorry bro. Please know I and those on this board care deeply for your tragic circumstances and hope you can find the peace that your friend now knows. Your friend would not want to see you upset. So vent and grieve and get rid of the bad feelings but keep the wonderful memories of your awesome friend close to your heart. I wish you godspeed in feeling better.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. This shock still hasn't worn off. Just facetious with him few weeks ago. He was a new father and just the best guy there is. This devastation is just maddening. I'm heartbroken. Fuck. One of the best guys I've ever known. Much better than me. Didn't deserve this shit. I hate this world

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't imagine the pain you're in right now. I'm so, so sorry for your loss, Tron. Vent as much as you need.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
So sorry Tron. You are a brother to all of us. We appreciate you so much. There is no explaining when things like this happen. I'll try not to offer any trite words to salve. Just my prayers for you, his family, healing and hope.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Thanks guys. This shock still hasn't worn off. Just facetious with him few weeks ago. He was a new father and just the best guy there is. This devastation is just maddening. I'm heartbroken. freak. One of the best guys I've ever known. Much better than me. Didn't deserve this crap. I hate this world
We're all in line to go at some point.
Sometimes it seems the pain out weighs the love, but it truly doesn't. It will always hurt and the pain will lighten. But the love, man. The love will always be as strong as it ever was.
I lost my best friend and room mate 10 years ago. It's not easy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Damn, it doesn't get much worse than that. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, it may not be the right time, but hold on to your memories and try to understand that your friend would want you to be well and carry on the legacy of your shared experiences. If he has a wife and kids you were also close with, offer your strength to them for carrying on in such difficult times, i'm sure he would wish for his friends and family to carry on together and be supportive of one another. As the phrase may seem somewhat clouded today, ... while wounds remain, time heals.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That sucks and is a terrible way to go. Sorry for your loss Tron. I had a friend pass that way a while ago the same way with a stop sign at his crosswalk to boot too.

I have similar issues crossing the street by my office too so I really feel for you. Must be a terrible loss. Be strong friend.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That he was a new father makes it doubly tough for the family. So sad to see that. My best friend passed after a bout with a rare form of cancer when we all thought he was on the mend. He left a beautiful wife and daughter.

I know it sounds tough but find ways to think about him. I pull up pictures of us out fishing or camping with our families and though it hurts every damn time, it also feels like he is still around in a way - if not just his soul still with me. It's been almost 6 years now and though it gets "easier", it still hurts. But then it should hurt. Great people in your life don't pass without a lot of pain in the hearts of those they touched. The pain I feel reminds me of that fact.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tron, tragic story of life , especially after bringing someone in to life . It’s said that the good die young . May your best friend RIP !!!

Please know that your a good man , & that it shows by the support around you. I guess the best advice would be , be there for him like he would have been there for you . — brotherly love !

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Tron I'm sorry to hear that..........positive vibes to you my friend.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Sorry to hear that, my thoughts to you and his family. It's been a terrible start to the year a guy that was my boss at Coca Cola for a few years and only a couple years older than me was just found to have terminal lung cancer. He's up in Seattle going through some experimental treatments now. It's just a horrible start to this year all around.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tron, that's tragic news, I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts go out to you and your friends family.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I’m sorry for your loss.

Always tough to lose a friend.