One man's opinion: Rams will finish 9-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What do YOU think the Rams' record will be?

• 7-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worse than 7-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9-7

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 8-8

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Better than 10-6

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 10-6

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
wv playing with fire:
I expect the Patriots to win more games than the Rams this year :shock:

I should warn you that my wife is from Russia and much like all the Italian immigrants of the past, she is a card carrying member of the mafia. Russian in this case. I'm a pretty tolerant guy but any further comments like the one above might force me to have one of my wife's associates visit you for a little talk. Where is West Virginia anyway?

After reading this: "according to Clayton the Pats may go with Daniel Fells and Illinois Mike at TE. Plus Amendola will be their go-to guy, i guess.", I can understand why you're bullish about the Cheatriots offense. That trio should be good for at least 6-9 points per game and that's not even considering their vaunted running game.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I don't like making a prediction as I've been wrong almost every time I have, so I never get too optimistic until the season actually starts.

But I think it's more likely than not that 9 wins is within the realm of possibility.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
wv said:
Selassie I said:
wv said:
I said 8-8 because Fisher does 8-8 really well.

w
v

I wouldn't expect anything different coming from a B-cheat Lover.

I think he's one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. I really
dont see how anyone can even question that. He's in the pantheon
with Lombardi, Walsh, Noll, Shula, Landry, Gibbs, Halas.

The spygate thing tarnishes his legacy somewhat, but not
to a great extent (to me). Heck i posted an article on another board
the other day about how George Allen spied on Tom Landry's Cowboys
back in the 70's. Coaches have always done that kinda stuff.

w
v
You want to know how shaky Bellichick's legacy is? As DC of Parcell's Giants against Buffalo, that game came down to Norwood's wide-right.

Then he relied on Vinatieri (another kicker) to win 2 SBs, one against Carolina ... CAROLINA.

Norwood makes his, Vinatieri misses his; what's his legacy?

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Maybe I'm being insanely optimistic here, but...

I reckon that we'll sweep the Cardinals and split with both the 49ers and Seahags, giving us a divisional record of 4-2. We'll lose at Houston but beat the other three AFC South teams, so 3-1 inter-conference.
We'll somehow contrive to lose two of our NFC South games, as we always lose an (on paper) easy game or two, despite winning in Atlanta. 2-2 there, while we'll beat both the Bears and Cowgirls. 11-5 for me, assuming that the O-line gels, as others have pointed out.

wv

Rookie
Ram Quixote said:
wv said:
Selassie I said:
wv said:
I said 8-8 because Fisher does 8-8 really well.

w
v

I wouldn't expect anything different coming from a B-cheat Lover.

I think he's one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. I really
dont see how anyone can even question that. He's in the pantheon
with Lombardi, Walsh, Noll, Shula, Landry, Gibbs, Halas.

The spygate thing tarnishes his legacy somewhat, but not
to a great extent (to me). Heck i posted an article on another board
the other day about how George Allen spied on Tom Landry's Cowboys
back in the 70's. Coaches have always done that kinda stuff.

w
v
You want to know how shaky Bellichick's legacy is? As DC of Parcell's Giants against Buffalo, that game came down to Norwood's wide-right.

Then he relied on Vinatieri (another kicker) to win 2 SBs, one against Carolina ... CAROLINA.

Norwood makes his, Vinatieri misses his; what's his legacy?

Except i dont look at his legacy that way. I look at the big picture, not a play here or a play there. I mean if you change one play maybe DV doesnt get his Ring. Change a pass here or there and Montana loses two Rings. If Whatshisname doesnt drop the INT in 1979 Malavasi and not Noll gets that Ring. Etc, and so forth.

Here's his legacy, imho -- 151 wins 57 losses with the Pats. 726 winning percentage. 17-7 in post-season. 3 rings. 5 AFC championships. Thats his football-patriot-legacy.

I dont particularly like him as a person, btw. But as an NFL coach? -- Hall of Famer.

w
v

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Flipper_336 showing his obvious intelligence:

I reckon that we'll sweep the Cardinals and split with both the 49ers and Seahags, giving us a divisional record of 4-2. We'll lose at Houston but beat the other three AFC South teams, so 3-1 inter-conference.
We'll somehow contrive to lose two of our NFC South games, as we always lose an (on paper) easy game or two, despite winning in Atlanta. 2-2 there, while we'll beat both the Bears and Cowgirls. 11-5 for me, assuming that the O-line gels, as others have pointed out.

I don't have us beating Atlanta but I don't have us losing to two NFC South teams either. 11-5 is perfect.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
wv smoking the good stuff:
I dont particularly like him as a person, btw. But as an NFL coach? -- Hall of Famer.

You really think the voters are going to vote in someone who has been caught cheating and fined a half million dollars? Same reason why many of Baseball's statistical leaders won't get voted in. Cheating.

I have no problem with your descriptions of his achievements but I don't think it's going to be enough. What would that say about the game? What's a HOF voter going to say to a reporter when asked why the cheating shouldn't exclude him? He's certainly not going to say "everyone does it." At least not if he wants good relations with the NFL.

Paul Hornung and Alex Karras made it but it was for gambling on their team. People look at that differently.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Flipper_336 said:

I like it.

Every SB team's season is usually predicated on a bit of luck and a lot of health. We'll need that, obviously, but we'll also need to develop some chemistry and continuity rather quickly. I don't think that's too much to ask. It's been quite some time since this team has had a few breaks.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No worse than 4-2 in the division should be the goal. If we can play .500 ball the rest of the way that's a year two victory and solid progress IMO.
9-7

Reasons why...
1) +2 wins over previous season with a younger team.
2) Tougher schedule.
3) Much higher expectations.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
wv said:
And what 'lame pot shot' did i take at Fisher? He's finished 8-8 Five times. Three times in a row at one point.

w
v
Ahh, but that 3 in a row occurred during the Houston Oilers transition to the Tennessee Titans. Not incidentally, they didn't have a true home field for the first 2 seasons in Tennessee (97 & 98). They weren't even the Titans until 98.

As some on here have said, the expectations for Fisher in Tennessee with a tight-fisted, meddling owner, can't really be compared to the coaching staff he has now. No expense spared by Kroenke.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
wv said:
Here's his legacy, imho -- 151 wins 57 losses with the Pats. 726 winning percentage. 17-7 in post-season. 3 rings. 5 AFC championships. Thats his football-patriot-legacy.

w
v
That playoff record is a sore point for me.

Bellichick and Brady are joined at the hip in all this. Brady's development started with a SB ring, when most young QBs go through the playoff ringer. Can you say Tuck Rule? How would Brady's playoff development have gone if that fumble had stood? In his first playoff game? Failure instead of accolades (Think Matt Ryan). Then comes his next shot at a SB against Carolina. Not much room for error there either. Does he succeed or fail?

As Brady goes, so does Bellichick, and I maintain that Brady was gifted a silver spoon called SB36. Confidence is everything to a young QB, and Brady was labelled a golden boy right from the start.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I voted 10-6.

The more I think about the big play capability, teamed with our solid defense, the more that I believe.

nighttrain

Legend
RamBall said:
I must be a homer cuz I see 12-4 as being very attainable and thats giving the whiners and shecocks the win at their places. Atl and Houston are the only other games I see as possible losses Carolina and NO dont scare me, and honestly I dont think Atl places enough D to make them scary, Dallas is going to be struggling with the media circus that will surround them when they start 0-2 and Chi is gonna b iffy Cutler is already sayin it will take him 3 yrs to learn the O and they fired the man behind their D without Lovie they will struggle. shyte 14-2 isnt out of reach.

So go ahead and pass the koolaid cuz I drank all mine.
13-3 sounds about right to me. Would not wish to knock KW out of the record book. tie is OK
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
Have I said fuck the Pats today?
Just did.

But let's do it in unison. ♪ FUCK THE PATS! ♪

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this, if our pass rush and secondary play up to potential...our potential is sky-high. Especially if the offense can find a way to be around league average in terms of points per game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
I'll say this, if our pass rush and secondary play up to potential...our potential is sky-high. Especially if the offense can find a way to be around league average in terms of points per game.

Agree. The defense will keep us in games - just like last year - if the offense has improved like many of us think I see no reason to set our goal lower than 10-6.