One man's opinion: Rams will finish 9-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What do YOU think the Rams' record will be?

• 7-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worse than 7-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9-7

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 8-8

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Better than 10-6

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 10-6

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
tempests said:
So he has the Rams 8-0 at home but 1-7 on the road? Rarely is an NFL team that schizophrenic.

Tennessee, Tampa Bay and New Orleans are tough matchups. Indy and Chicago are a little more unknown, but the Rams aren't going to beat them all.

I said 7-9. 9-7, give Fisher HC of the year and don't think twice. It is just hard to see any more wins with this schedule.

Excellent point and I've said 10 wins with this schedule and young roster is not very likely. On O it's going to take a little while still, the defense will still carry this team halfway through the season I think. It could well be a way better performing team this year versus last and could end up 8-8.

9-7 with this roster and schedule will have the NFC thinking "oh shit, lookout.......Fisher and the Rams are coming".

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
LesBaker trying to knock over my glass of Kool Aid:
9-7 with this roster and schedule will have the NFC thinking "oh shyte, lookout.......Fisher and the Rams are coming".

11-5 with this roster and schedule will have the NFC asking "oh shyte, did anyone see Fisher and the Rams pass us by at high speed?"

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
11-5 will have me thinkin' aw shyte I missed by one

iced

the only teams i'm worried about outside the division are the Houston and Atlanta games.

Chicago - new coach, new schemes, no urlacher, bad protection for cutler, really only 1 receiver

Tampa - I personally think Goldson is overrated, he's a solid safety but not a difference maker like a polamalu...plus eric wright was still garbage in coverage (PFF had him like 60 out of 80 or somethin) and he's their #2 corner. Additionally, their linebackers suck in coverage. Barron was also a big liability in coverage, lets see if they make the jump. No pass rush, everything runs through doug martin and VJ. We sacked Freeman 6x last year (i went to the game)

Tennessee,Jax - bad team all around, and no qb

Saints - this one i can see us potentially losing..great offense, but terrible defense and making the transition from 4-3 to 3-4. Don't have the D-line players for the 4-3, let alone a 3-4.

Indy - similar to saints, this could go either way...but the defense is their downfall, one of the worst run defenses.

There's a lot of games that can go either way - but teams with defenses always gave us a legit shot last season.. if the offense breaks out or even improves by 10 spots offensively, i can easily see us at 10 games. If the O becomes dominant, like top 10, I can see us doing some serious damage.

We got the pass rush, the run d, and solid Defense with the only question marks being safety... but hey, a great pass rush helps those guys out.

Austin should help us tremendously in the field position game, instead of starting at our 15-20, that can easily become 25-35..if he doesn't break it.

wv

Rookie
Selassie I said:
wv said:
I said 8-8 because Fisher does 8-8 really well.

w
v

I wouldn't expect anything different coming from a B-cheat Lover.

I think he's one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. I really
dont see how anyone can even question that. He's in the pantheon
with Lombardi, Walsh, Noll, Shula, Landry, Gibbs, Halas.

The spygate thing tarnishes his legacy somewhat, but not
to a great extent (to me). Heck i posted an article on another board
the other day about how George Allen spied on Tom Landry's Cowboys
back in the 70's. Coaches have always done that kinda stuff.

w
v

wv

Rookie
X said:
wv said:

w
v
That's really what you expect based on the schedule?
Or are you bein a wise guy?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I expect them to finish in the 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 range. Sure. Its such a young offense. I have a bad feeling about the Running Backs ability to hold onto the ball. I also do not have a lot of confidence in the Kickers, and most of the games will come down to a kick, i'm guessing.

w
v

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
wv said:
Selassie I said:
wv said:

w
v

w
v

Well let me clarify something for you... On this particular board, taking lame pot shots at coach Fish isn't going to be received well.

And in addition ... Fuck B-cheat. Having to read your loving admiration of him is vile.

wv

Rookie
Selassie I said:
wv said:
Selassie I said:
wv said:

w
v

w
v

Well let me clarify something for you... On this particular board, taking lame pot shots at coach Fish isn't going to be received well.

And in addition ... Fuck B-cheat. Having to read your loving admiration of him is vile.

LoL. I see. Well, does everyone on this board agree with Mr Selassie? Does he speak for this board?

And what 'lame pot shot' did i take at Fisher? He's finished 8-8 Five times. Three times in a row at one point.

w
v

jap

Legend
A lot seems likely at this point. I simply don't have a tangible feel for this team yet.

In 1999, it took me the first 2-3 regular season games (all wins) before I could clearly see that that team had gotten it! as far as knowing how to win. And I felt confident the rest of the way, even throughout the three losses that year. I knew we would spank the Vikes in the playoffs. I was cautiously optimistic against the Bucs, the only defensive team that could match our offensive team speed. And I liked our chances against the Titans even more, although the O's tendency to fail to close the deal in the red-zone tested my patience early.

This team has a lot of unproven youngsters, many with high upside, who has yet to do it for real. 'Tree has to play under control and avoid those high tackles around the head area. The young safeties gotta prove they belong. I'm looking for Jenks and Tru to up their games. I won't have much problem with Jenks gambling as long as he develops a really good ability to read the veteran QB's - no more careless jumping routes against the likes of Aaron Rodgers. I wanna see The Incredible Brock dominate and Kendall earn a nickname. I want to see The Mighty Quinn fully live up to his moniker and Chris "Clark Kent" Long revert to his alter ego on game days.

On offense we have aging vets in Scott Wells and Harvey Dahl who really need to remain healthy. Of course, both of our tackles, Jake Long and Rodger Saffold, have felt the sting of the injury bug before. The missing man at LG needs to step forward and our backups have to be prepared to stand in as seamlessly as possible if the injury bug rears his ugly head once more.

At the "skill" positions we have a trio of very young veteran wideouts who must be ready to lead. Tavon is expected to start returning on the team's investment on him early and his collegiate teammate, Sted, should be producing in the 2nd half of the season. Jared gets a real opportunity to breakout, and Lance can continue to showcase his outstanding versatility as a blocker/receiver.

An offensive scheme which leans towards a spread offense would seem to be right up Isaiah Pead's alley. However, Isaiah flourished at Cincinnati where his OL wasn't very good, and he lost his trust in them. Unfortunately, he carried that OL distrust with him into the Rams 2012 pre-season, and it showed glaringly. Between freelancing way too much against disciplined NFL defenders and awkwardly running into the backs of his OL blockers due to being behind in his understanding of the blocking schemes, Pead lost ground to the much steadier DRich, despite having greater overall talent. Although he displayed much more discipline later in the latter half of the season, he has to demonstrate he has learned some hard lessons this time around. Rookie Zac Stacy is a solid, mature RB who should be able to contribute this season. Terrance Ganaway will compete with Zac for power back duties. The Rams need to find a way to stash promising UFA RB, Benny Cunningham, on the team---whether on the PUP list or on the 53-man roster, because he will not be left alone on the practice squad by other NFL teams.

Finally, Sam the Ram gets an opportunity to showcase his ability to translate all the high football IQ into field performance in his very first back-to-back season in the same offensive scheme. This will represent the first true measure of his growth as an NFL QB, and I am betting the house on him to shine like a supremely polished diamond. Also on the spot will be Schotty our OC, who gets an opportunity to devise offensive schemes for the most talent he ever had under his command. With his background in the Air Coryell derivatives, I fully expect him to showcase much more imagination than his old man.

We have seen Greg the Turbo Leg put his rare talent on display last season. Now we need to see him grow sharply in consistency. Ditto for his roommate, punter Johnny Hekker, who proved he has a solid leg and very good accuracy but suffered at times from awkwardly placed boots. Mr. Excitement, Tavon Austin, is the front runner for both return jobs, although if he gets too involved in the offense, it may be wise to offload one of those duties to someone else.

If everything goes well with minimal injuries, adequate replacements in the event of injuries, and solid performance across the board we can approach the 1999 record of 13-3. If the young players suffer from stage fright and other young player miscues, if some of our veterans really underperform, we might face another losing season.

bluecoconuts

Legend
wv said:
Selassie I said:
wv said:
Selassie I said:
wv said:

w
v

w
v

LoL. I see. Well, does everyone on this board agree with Mr Selassie? Does he speak for this board?

And what 'lame pot shot' did i take at Fisher? He's finished 8-8 Five times. Three times in a row at one point.

w
v

Yeah, we're pretty much in agreement than Billicheat can go fuck himself, and Tom Brady is overrated.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
wv said:

w
v
As you often do Paul, you took the words right out of my mouth (schedule). Anyway, for the sake of this poll, I chose 8-8 based completely and solely upon the schedule (4th toughest I believe). At this moment, I have no real opinion as to where the Rams end up. Like many, "it all depends" upon things such as how well the new skill players catch on and most importantly, how well this team (executes). Lastly, (fingers crossed) is the dreaded "I" word, which I think will tell the tale so-to-speak.

Therefore, for my money, I'll wait until the conclusion of the 3rd preseason game before I actually form any opinions or expectations for the season ahead. In any event, as the DOC has mentioned previously; "brick by brick."

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
My opinion.. PLAYOFFS just get in and run the course from there whether home or away.

Fisher coached TEAM!

9-7, 10-6, 11-5, 12-4, or 13-3 just get in.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's weird, this is the first time in years that I feel we have a chance in every single game. I'll say somewhere between 8 and 10 wins.

A55VA6

Legend
jrry32 said:
It's weird, this is the first time in years that I feel we have a chance in every single game. I'll say somewhere between 8 and 10 wins.
It feels good. I have such confidence in this season that if we even lose a game I'll be let down.. lol but really, we're young.. but talented. I think we'll get a winning record finally.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
wv inquired about this quote:
"Well let me clarify something for you... On this particular board, taking lame pot shots at coach Fish isn't going to be received well.

And in addition ... freak B-cheat. Having to read your loving admiration of him is vile."

Depends on what you think he meant by "received well". To me it meant you're not gonna find many that agree with that. Are you looking for something more sinister? Tongue n' cheek is pretty popular on this board. The hatred of all things having to do with the Cheatriots also runs extremely high here.

I knew exactly what you were talking about when you said he's good at 8-8s. That's why I was against his hire initially.

I feel pretty confident in saying that you are welcome here and free to express your opinions. This isn't the Huddle.

I personally welcome all your posts and view points. Bring em on! :bg:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Al,,, wv knows exactly what he's doing.

The "innocent me act" isn't gonna fool anyone.

I have a feeling ole wv has gotten into many a bitch-fest on other boards. Count me as not surprised.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
wv said:
X said:
wv said:

w
v

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I expect them to finish in the 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 range. Sure. Its such a young offense. I have a bad feeling about the Running Backs ability to hold onto the ball. I also do not have a lot of confidence in the Kickers, and most of the games will come down to a kick, i'm guessing.

w
v

Kicker is one of the few positions that I am not at all concerned about.

wv

Rookie
albefree69 said:
albe expresses his undying, unwavering love for wv
....I knew exactly what you were talking about when you said he's good at 8-8s. That's why I was against his hire initially.
I feel pretty confident in saying that you are welcome here and free to express your opinions. This isn't the Huddle.

Thanks Albe. I think we have a mutual respect for each other. I have assumed that, anyway.

I think Fisher is on a three-year plan. This is year two. So much youth. It'll surprise me if they break through
the door this year. But who knows. I expect the Patriots to win more games than the Rams this year :shock:

...according to Clayton the Pats may go with Daniel Fells and Illinois Mike at TE. Plus Amendola will be their go-to guy, i guess.

w
v

jap

Legend
wv said:
albefree69 said:
albe expresses his undying, unwavering love for wv
....I knew exactly what you were talking about when you said he's good at 8-8s. That's why I was against his hire initially.

Thanks Albe. I think we have a mutual respect for each other. I have assumed that, anyway.

I think Fisher is on a three-year plan. This is year two. So much youth. It'll surprise me if they break through
the door this year. But who knows. I expect the Patriots to win more games than the Rams this year :shock:

...according to Clayton the Pats may go with Daniel Fells and Illinois Mike at TE. Plus Amendola will be their go-to guy, i guess.

w
v

They better have a Plan B for Danny_A.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jap said:
A lot seems likely at this point. I simply don't have a tangible feel for this team yet.

In 1999, it took me the first 2-3 regular season games (all wins) before I could clearly see that that team had gotten it! as far as knowing how to win. And I felt confident the rest of the way, even throughout the three losses that year. I knew we would spank the Vikes in the playoffs. I was cautiously optimistic against the Bucs, the only defensive team that could match our offensive team speed. And I liked our chances against the Titans even more, although the O's tendency to fail to close the deal in the red-zone tested my patience early.

This team has a lot of unproven youngsters, many with high upside, who has yet to do it for real. 'Tree has to play under control and avoid those high tackles around the head area. The young safeties gotta prove they belong. I'm looking for Jenks and Tru to up their games. I won't have much problem with Jenks gambling as long as he develops a really good ability to read the veteran QB's - no more careless jumping routes against the likes of Aaron Rodgers. I wanna see The Incredible Brock dominate and Kendall earn a nickname. I want to see The Mighty Quinn fully live up to his moniker and Chris "Clark Kent" Long revert to his alter ego on game days.

On offense we have aging vets in Scott Wells and Harvey Dahl who really need to remain healthy. Of course, both of our tackles, Jake Long and Rodger Saffold, have felt the sting of the injury bug before. The missing man at LG needs to step forward and our backups have to be prepared to stand in as seamlessly as possible in the injury bug rears his head once more.

At the "skill" positions we have a trio of very young veteran wideouts who must be ready to lead. Tavon is expected to start returning on the team's investment on him early and his collegiate teammate, Sted, should be producing in the 2nd half of the season. Jared gets a real opportunity to breakout, and Lance can continue to showcase his outstanding versatility as a blocker/receiver.

An offensive scheme which leans towards a spread offense would seem to be right up Isaiah Pead's alley. However, Isaiah flourished at Cincinnati where his OL wasn't very good, and he lost his trust in them. Unfortunately, he carried that OL distrust with him into the Rams 2012 pre-season, and it showed glaringly. Between freelancing way too much against disciplined NFL defenders and awkwardly running into the backs of his OL blockers due to being behind in his understanding of the blocking schemes, Pead lost ground to the much steadier DRich, despite having greater overall talent. Although he displayed much more discipline later in the latter half of the season, he has to demonstrate he has learned some hard lessons this time around. Rookie Zac Stacy is a solid, mature RB who should be able to contribute this season. Terrance Ganaway will compete with Zac for power back duties. The Rams need to find a way to stash promising UFA RB, Benny Cunningham, on the team---whether on the PUP list or on the 53-man roster, because he will not be left alone on the practice squad.

Finally, Sam the Ram gets an opportunity to showcase his ability to translate all the high football IQ into field performance in his very first back-to-back season in the same offensive scheme. This will represent the first true measure of his growth as an NFL QB, and I am betting the house on him to shine like a supremely polished diamond. Also on the spot will be Schotty our OC, who gets an opportunity to devise offensive schemes for the most talent he ever had under his command. With his background in the Air Coryell derivatives, I fully expect him to showcase much more imagination than his old man.

We have seen Greg the Turbo Leg put his rre talent on display last season. Now we need to see him grow sharply in consistency. Ditto for his roommate, punter Johnny Hekker, who proved he has a solid leg and very good accuracy but suffered at times from awkwardly placed boots. Mr. Excitement, Tavon Austin, is the front runner for both return jobs, although if he gets involved in the offense, it may be wise to offload one of those duties to someone else.

If everything goes well with minimal injuries, adequate replacements in the event of injuries, and solid performance across the board we can approach the 1999 record of 13-3. If the young players suffer from stage fright and other young player miscues, if some of our veterans really underperform, we might face another losing season.
Good post. I too think it'll take a few games before we can adequately judge how this team will do the rest of the way. I, also, had that feeling in 1999 after the first few games. I actually didn't think we would lose any after that start.

In order for this team to reach that level of swagger and scoring prowess, they're going to have to be very disciplined, very well coached, and extremely confident. That's a lot to put on the offense in particular, but I think the defense will be much improved with an actual coordinator who has experience in calling plays.