One Good Take-away From the Charger Game..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
That was fun.
Not so fun was watching GR play LT like a future LG. Ugly.
Ya, I was hugely disappointed. But, we knew this would happen. He wasn't starting at guard until game 5. And, we wasn't ever supposed to start at LT this year. I was surprised a bigger, not speed guy beat him for that strip sack...that was a bummer, and cost us the game; he still looks lost on run plays sometimes---that is more disappointing for me.

The Rams are close; A good left guard, one good back up lineman (swing guy), a good OLB and Bradford back healthy and we win 10 games in 2015...heck with just bradford we are at 7-4 at worst right now. Dallas, Vikes & San Diego are wins. I don't know about Arizona or Eagles games....And that first SF 49er game we might win too.

I am sorry to bring up Bradford, but we have no better opportunity in 2015....barring a rookie miracle, which never happens.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ya, I was hugely disappointed. But, we knew this would happen. He wasn't starting at guard until game 5. And, we wasn't ever supposed to start at LT this year. I was surprised a bigger, not speed guy beat him for that strip sack...that was a bummer, and cost us the game; he still looks lost on run plays sometimes---that is more disappointing for me.

The Rams are close; A good left guard, one good back up lineman (swing guy), a good OLB and Bradford back healthy and we win 10 games in 2015...heck with just bradford we are at 7-4 at worst right now. Dallas, Vikes & San Diego are wins. I don't know about Arizona or Eagles games....And that first SF 49er game we might win too.

I am sorry to bring up Bradford, but we have no better opportunity in 2015....barring a rookie miracle, which never happens.
I think he's just making rookie mistakes, and his ceiling is still very high. Thinking about what to do is what is costing him, IMO. He needs to upgrade to an Intel Core i7, and he'll be fine wherever we line him up.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think he's just making rookie mistakes, and his ceiling is still very high. Thinking about what to do is what is costing him, IMO. He needs to upgrade to an Intel Core i7, and he'll be fine wherever we line him up.
I am not saying give up on GR at LT but the Rams need an honest assessment of where he is going forward.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I am not saying give up on GR at LT but the Rams need an honest assessment of where he is going forward.
And I think they will give him one, what do you think?

I think I'd be happy if we drafted almost all O-line in the draft, but I feel that way every year. I think GR will be a quality starter somewhere on our line, for a long time.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
And I think they will give him one, what do you think?

I think I'd be happy if we drafted almost all O-line in the draft, but I feel that way every year. I think GR will be a quality starter somewhere on our line, for a long time.
Best case I think he morphs into a Walter Jones type of dominating LT for a decade. Worst case he turns into a fearsome, dominating LG.....it's all good long term with GR in my opinion. We really need to solve the C spot.
He is doing that rookie thing of having bad plays at just the wrong time (see the plays vs SD).

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Best case I think he morphs into a Walter Jones type of dominating LT for a decade. Worst case he turns into a fearsome, dominating LG.....it's all good long term with GR in my opinion. We really need to solve the C spot.
He is doing that rookie thing of having bad plays at just the wrong time (see the plays vs SD).
We definitely need a Center, and maybe another Guard or Tackle, depending. On some of those plays vs SD, he did the right thing, but was too slow diagnosing what to do, and that is why I think he will be OK. Once he stops thinking, the game will slow down for him.

Teams are doing something very specific to him right now, scheming against his weaknesses. He will catch up, I have no doubt.

fearsomefour

Legend
We definitely need a Center, and maybe another Guard or Tackle, depending. On some of those plays vs SD, he did the right thing, but was too slow diagnosing what to do, and that is why I think he will be OK. Once he stops thinking, the game will slow down for him.

Teams are doing something very specific to him right now, scheming against his weaknesses. He will catch up, I have no doubt.
I agree totally. He looked bad on some plays but that was playing unsurely. Someone like Alex Baron did not have the physical tools to always succeed....a step slow. Robinson will have no such problems. I think he will be fine, like you said, once the game slows down for him. I would really like to find a C either through FA or already on the roster and a G in the draft. I liked Rhaney and his potential quite a bit in the preseason. It will be interesting to see what the approach is. Resigning Barksdale and find a C (I keep hoping for Stefan Wiz even thought that is unlikely) that is young, a FA or Jones/Rhaney is key as it would give the Rams a group of talent (Robinson, Jones, Saffold, Barks for example) that are all under 26. A group that can gel and grow together. That should be the priority this off season.