Once again, pretty much agree 100% with Venturi here.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
[mp3]http://www.101sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Seg-6-Coach-Venturi.mp3[/mp3]

Rams weakness on defense will be over the top. Big questions still remain at safety imo.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's nice to be able to point to THE weakness of the Rams that can be fixed instead of the weaknesses that don't seem to be able to be addressed. How sweet it is!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think this question will be answered quickly. I don't think our cupboards are as bare as many assume. And I think teams will pay if they also make that assumption.

RamsNation

Rookie
I agree that at this point Safety has to be the biggest hole on def.But at the same time we haven't seen how good Darien/Tmac can play together.I like the situation we are in,hopefully Tmac can prove to be a good player and if Darien doesn't play up to par we have 2 1st next year.We can go and get 1 of the top 2 safety's next season if 1 of these guys don't work out.This is still a very reasonable problem to have,but on the bright side how long has it been since we have had so few weaknesses on either side of the ball???Not a bad situation if you ask me,very few teams have dline,linebackers and secondary all buttoned up with no hole.We aren't much different from many of the great defenses in the league right now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Great listen.
My initial draft grade sounds pretty much like Venturi's. Loved it but i had question marks with the TJ pick because if he's asked to cover he's going to struggle IMO. Still a hole there for the time being.

His evaluation of what defenses are going to pay attention to is also pretty spot-on i think,although i feel that Givens is going to get alot more attention on the outside than Venturi seems to think.
The opportunities for Quick and possibly Bailey on the other side to get one-on-ones and make plays will be there IMO.

I see Givens and T.Austin recieving the most attention from opposing D's. Its what i would do. :razzed:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramhusker said:
It's nice to be able to point to THE weakness of the Rams that can be fixed instead of the weaknesses that don't seem to be able to be addressed. How sweet it is!

Good point. Have to remember we hired a secondary guru in Walton too. These coaches know wtf they're doing, and are all hungry as shit to be in a position to coach all these young talented players. Training camp will be a blast once again.

jap

Legend
You have to factor Cody Davis into the mix for FS consideration. The guy is a tackling machine. He is the type of guy that fits the true definition of safety: the last line of defense.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

you can't fix everything in one offseason or even two offseasons.

dunbar was a liability in coverage and the rams got burnt quite a bit because of it. ogletree was drafted to fix that and also keep those running qbs in check.

if mcdonald doesn't work out the rams are well positioned next draft to get the safety to help them.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jap said:
You have to factor Cody Davis into the mix for FS consideration. The guy is a tackling machine. He is the type of guy that fits the true definition of safety: the last line of defense.

I'm wondering about Mcleod too. Saying that peps better watch out for Matt Daniels at the SS spot too. Sure he hasn't been sitting on his ass all offseason knowing the situation at safety. There will be competition. Just wondering how much there will be at the FS spot.

nighttrain

Legend
jap said:
From what I saw, nothing to not like about this kid.
train