On to the Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You may have a point.
I've updated my vision.
I'm seeing either one 98.2 yard punt from Hekker breaking the previous record
or could it be a fake punt by Hekker that goes for a 98.2 yard touchdown pass.........
98.2...I'm definitely seeing 98.2. hell, that could be the game day temperature too. crap. the vision is gone.
translate as you wish.

It's a PASS

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Here's a fun fact.....

Jenna LaineESPN Staff Writer
laine_jenna_m.jpg

How's this for a not-so-fun fact? The LA Rams became the first NFL team since the 2006 Buccaneers and Raiders to go the first two games of a season without scoring a touchdown. According to Elias, the only NFL team over the last 70 seasons that failed to score in the first three games of a season was the 1976 Bucs.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think about it " We just played two Teams that know us Really, Really well! The Buc's aren't very good! They tend to turn the Ball over a Lot!!

We got blown out by one and we barely beat the other. And the one that blew us out is supposedly the "not very good" team. Our secondary has to create turnovers. But that's what I worry about. I still think we'll pull out a W in this one though.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I take a bit of comfort in thinking the 49ers may not be among the worst teams in football this year. I sure thought they would be - but Gabbert doesn't look as bad as I thought.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Bucs started out the game with a lot of bunched up formations last week. They can run their offense pretty well out of those formations.

I fully expect Joyner to have his hands full this week. Jameis was looking to Humphreys a lot!

Our secondary will be tested but I expect that with our Dline and Williams scheme that we will get more pressure on Jameis than Arizona was able to accomplish.

We need to test their secondary but I also believe that we should be able to run the ball this week.

Arizona found a lot of success with their RBs out of the backfield. I hope that we will try to exploit that; Gurley's longest play so far is a catch and I think it's well known what Bennie can do catching the ball.

This will be a tough game.

Bruce2980

Starter
You may have a point.
I've updated my vision.
I'm seeing either one 98.2 yard punt from Hekker breaking the previous record
or could it be a fake punt by Hekker that goes for a 98.2 yard touchdown pass.........
98.2...I'm definitely seeing 98.2. hell, that could be the game day temperature too. crap. the vision is gone.
translate as you wish.
You have great vision buddy, I vote for both the fake punt and the record breaking punt in the same game, but not the temp, with that humidity the Bucs could suffer some severe casualties and we don't need that. Go RAMS!!!

Bruce2980

Starter
Bucs started out the game with a lot of bunched up formations last week. They can run their offense pretty well out of those formations.

I fully expect Joyner to have his hands full this week. Jameis was looking to Humphreys a lot!

Our secondary will be tested but I expect that with our Dline and Williams scheme that we will get more pressure on Jameis than Arizona was able to accomplish.

We need to test their secondary but I also believe that we should be able to run the ball this week.

Arizona found a lot of success with their RBs out of the backfield. I hope that we will try to exploit that; Gurley's longest play so far is a catch and I think it's well known what Bennie can do catching the ball.

This will be a tough game.
I heard on the local sports radio in Phoenix that the Cards blitzed the Bucs more than any team blitzed in the NFL that weekend. So pressure is definitely something that needs to be done and with GW, I bet he has no guilty conscience about bringing the heat to Tampa Bay BABY.

Bruce2980

Starter
Haha yeah very excited to hear that he is pumped. I hope he gets an interception. The most important piece right now is EJ/Troy Hill. Hope we can limit the big plays.
Yes he looked very confident, I didn't see him as trash talking. I saw him excited like a little kid with a fat wad of cash knowing that he is going to the toy store. I think the entire defense is pumped after the last game and I expect they will play great again. I've got that feeling I had in 99. This is the year they get this thing turned around. Hayes said to his teammates that they don't need to celebrate the win, they need to get back to work because "This team is special." The 99 RAMS knew they were special too.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
How many of our Ram brothers going to be on the frontlines? Represent! This will be an interesting game it may be a score fest back and forth. I will definitely enjoy this game my bro n law is a tampa fan but bought Rams season tickets. I could do a little wager on this coming up game.;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
6 for 37 on 3rd down conversions good for last in the NFL
4.5 points per game good for last in the NFL
4.0 yards from scrimmage per play good for last in the NFL
13.5 first downs a game good for last in the NFL
Rams have punted on 71% of offensive drives good for last in the NFL
42% of drives have been 3 and outs good for last in the NFL

Until those things start changing I'm surprised we aren't more than 5 point underdogs.

Bruce2980

Starter
6 for 37 on 3rd down conversions good for last in the NFL
4.5 points per game good for last in the NFL
4.0 yards from scrimmage per play good for last in the NFL
13.5 first downs a game good for last in the NFL
Rams have punted on 71% of offensive drives good for last in the NFL
42% of drives have been 3 and outs good for last in the NFL

Until those things start changing I'm surprised we aren't more than 5 point underdogs.
Don't forget our STAR QBs QB rating is a HOF in the making 57.8. And some people want to know if Goff can do any worse. As long as our D and Spec Teams play great we always have a chance.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Buccaneers have had to deal with their share of drama with tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins already this season, and he just gave them some more.

According to the Tampa Bay Times, Seferian-Jenkins was arrested early this morning, and is still in custody after being charged with a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence.

He was stopped by the Florida Highway Patrol around 4 a.m., and as of 30 minutes ago, was still in jail.

He pleaded guilty to a DUI charge when he was in college at Washington also.

The Buccaneers open at home Sunday against the Rams, and Seferian-Jenkins might not be fully prepared to contribute since he’s still in jail.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't think we match up well against the fbucs. I worry about our secondary facing a slinging QB.

I think it is an interesting matchup. Keys are simple IMO
http://www.profootballweekly.com/nfl/schedule/2016/week3/rams-buccaneers/index.xml
PFW Matchup Breakdown: Los Angeles Rams vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Los Angeles Rams came into the 2016 season looking to establish themselves in a new home in Los Angeles with a killer defense and hopefully the best running back in the NFL. But Todd Gurley has been slow to start, Jared Goff can’t get off the bench and the Rams have scored just 9 points and failed to score a touchdown in their first two games of the season.

As if that wasn’t enough of a challenge this week they’re on the road going coast to coast to visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who are a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde puzzle through two weeks with a truly impressive performance on opening day knocking off the Falcons in Atlanta, but then falling flat on their faces week two in Arizona. The Cardinals young quarterback, Jameis Winston has shown the same puzzle, over-the-top great in Atlanta and struggling badly in the dessert throwing four picks. This one is truly difficult to predict.

LA 32ND OFF; TB 21ST DEF

LA T28TH RUN; TB 8TH vs. RUN

LA 32ND PASS; TB 27TH vs. PASS

LA 32ND PTS; TB 28TH PTS ALLOWED

TB 23RD OFF; LA 9TH DEF

TB 21ST RUN; LA 18TH vs. RUN

TB T19TH PASS; LA 8TH vs. PASS (not a problem on pass defense(y))

TB T22ND PTS; LA 7TH PTS ALLOWED

LA T14TH TO/TA; TB 32ND TO-TA

RAMS moved to .500 despite not scoring a TD yet this season following 9-6 win over Seahawks in debut at Coliseum.

RAMS defense limited Seahawks to 306 yards and only 4-of-13 third-down conversions in Week 2.

RAMS new starting MLB Alec Ogletree sealed the verdict in Week 2 with FF-FR with 45 seconds remaining and also had 9 tackles and a PB.

RAMS are back on road almost exclusively until November with 4 of next 5 games on road, including designated home game in England.

RAMS QB Case Keenum figures to hold on to starting job a bit longer after efficient 18-30-239 performance in Week 2 with zero turnovers.

RAMS gained only 283 total yards in Week 2 and have converted only 6-of-27 third downs in first 2 games.

RAMS RB Todd Gurley had only 19-51 yards receiving (2.7 ypc) in Week 2.

RAMS WR Kenny Britt had 6-94 receiving on 10 targets in Week 2.

BUCS were soundly defeated in the desert 40-7 by the Cardinals with QB Jameis Winston looking awful after sizzling Week One debut.

BUCS Winston had a 39.2 passer rating in Week 2 after throwing 4 INTs and losing a fumble.

After gaining at least 350 yards in each of previous four games, BUCS were limited to 306 yards in Week 2 (only 21-85 rushing).

Check status of BUCS RB Doug Martin (injured hamstring in Week 2), WR Cecil Shorts (injured hamstring in Week 2), TE Luke Stecker (injured ankle in Week 2) and DE Robert Ayres (injured ankle in Week 2).

BUCS WR Mike Evans (6-70-1 receiving on 17 targets) needs 15 yards receiving to pass Lawrence Downey for fifth most in franchise history.

BUCS defense allowed Cardinals 416 yards, registered only one sack and forced zero turnovers in Week 2.

No ASJ for the Bucs....

tbux

Rookie
Anyone else get the sneaky feeling if we don't have a TD by halftime that it may be Goff time? after FIsher's last interview, I get the sense the kid is close- and that may be all it takes at this point. Just a hunch

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a very important game because if they lose we are back to the way we felt after week one . They don't want to go to Arizona 1-2 . I'm hoping to see what Goff has to offer . If the Pats can win with a 3rd string rookie then the Rams have to play the kid . Keenum is not the answer