On to Minnesota

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
A quick overview of 4-3 St. Louis vs 5-2 Minnesota:

The seven teams St. Louis has played have a combined record of 27-27
The seven teams Minnesota has played have a combined record of 18-36

The four teams St. Louis beat have a combined record of 14-18
The five teams Minnesota beat have a combined record of 9-30

The three teams that beat St. Louis have a combined record of 13-9
The two teams that beat Minnesota have a combined record of 9-6

The best team Minnesota has beaten is 3-5 KC.

fearsomefour

Legend
They are a solid team.
Very good vs the run and they have one of the better young QB in the league in my opinion. He is young however, so, he can struggle with a pass rush.
Interesting match up because both teams want to run the ball and both teams are good at stopping the run.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Minnesota doesn't stand out in anything, but they don't seem to be bad at anything. Very well-coached with Zimmer and Turner. It'll be a big test up there. Bridgewater is a quiet, efficient leader for that team. Good young talent at receiver with Charles Johnson and rookie Stefon Diggs, and of course Peterson at RB. Good linebackers and secondary.

This is a huge game. We win and we are tied with them, but have tiebreaker for wild card.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Something to keep in mind now too. We are 3-1 with Gurley as our starting RB. We only lost to Green Bay in GB with him starting. This will be a tough game on the road, but it is winnable.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
This will be a good game. Love the Peterson vs. Gurley storyline. I remember in the early GSOT days, the Vikings vs. Rams was always a fun matchup, when they had Culpepper and Moss and Carter going.

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They are a solid team.
Very good vs the run and they have one of the better young QB in the league in my opinion. He is young however, so, he can struggle with a pass rush.
Interesting match up because both teams want to run the ball and both teams are good at stopping the run.

I'm not so sure Minnesota is that good against the run. I think they are average at best.

We are ranked 6th at 3.7 yards per rush against us. Minnesota is ranked 25th at 4.4 yards allowed per rush.

They have played one team that averages at least 4 yards per rush attempt (KC, and they played them the week after KC lost Charles). The average rank of their opponents' offenses is 23rd in the league in rushing yards per attempt with only one in the top 10 (again, KC without Charles).

We have played 4 teams that average at least 4 yards per rush. The average rank of our opponents' offenses is 15th in the league in rushing yards per attempt, including 4 of the top 10.

Minnesota's defense has played less that average against the run against teams that are average to bad rushing the football.
St. Louis's defense has played very well against the run against teams that are average to very good at rushing the football.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Teddy looked like shit yesterday....I think they were resting AP...Kinda like Fish rested Gurley yesterday...We should beat them easily because I don't think they'll score a bunch....But if our offense doesn't wake the fuck up, we won't score a bunch either....and guess what? I don't want us running Gurley to death...Get the offense together....Easy win...

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right now, Minnesota is one game ahead of us for the 6th spot in the playoffs. Each team has 9 games left.

Minnesota: Their nine remaining opponents have a combined record of 42-25 with 6 teams having a winning record, one having a losing record, and two even.

St. Louis: Our nine remaining opponents have a combined record of 32-36 with 3 teams having a winning record, five having a losing record, and one even.

I like our chances. Winning this Sunday makes it a whole lot easier.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is a huge game. We win and we are tied with them, but have tiebreaker for wild card.
This^ is the bottom line!! We have to remember this!!
" BUT WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE DIVISION SO IT WON'T MATTER!!":D:yess:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
We need to give the viqueens some payback for the opener last year, damn that was a disappointing game.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The Queens are going to start falling off. They've beaten the teams they should have, but those teams aren't exactly good this year. Our defense is going to punch Teddy in the face, and Janoris is going to shut down this little receiver they have.

Oh, Nicky Foles. Pick it up. We need you down the stretch.

Psycho_X

Legend
The Vikings shouldn't be taken lightly but I believe we matchup against them very well. They have played a lot of bad teams but they haven't played down to them. Their defense has kept those offenses down. They are above average at rushing the passer and are just average at stopping the run. Gurley should be able to do his usual thing against them. Petersen is obviously one of the best backs in the league but we've been pretty stout against the run. Bridgewater is a decent QB who might get some yards but I don't see our defense giving up much other then the usual field goals.

As long as Gurley gets his touches and the defense keeps everything in front of them as they have all season there's no reason we can't win this one. Not protecting the ball would be our downfall.

bbach

UDFA
As I've said before, I live in Vikings land. I tire of paying for the NFL Season Ticket on Dtv so I end up watching the Vikings to see some football. I've always been a Rams fan and frankly I hate the Viqueens. However, people who are judging them on the record of the teams the queens have played have not been watching them. They are fighters, and mostly a very good team. Their receivers catch and run, their tight ends block and catch, they have AP, Bridgewater has some very bad games but then comes to life with some really good footwork and he can run. (Basically neither of us has a great qb but theirs is a bit better than ours). Their defense is not what we have but it can attack. This is the game the Rams can establish themselves as a playoff caliber team. We go up into MN and we beat a good team outside of our division. If not, well then s.o.s.a.r.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A quick overview of 4-3 St. Louis vs 5-2 Minnesota:

The seven teams St. Louis has played have a combined record of 27-27
The seven teams Minnesota has played have a combined record of 18-36

The four teams St. Louis beat have a combined record of 14-18
The five teams Minnesota beat have a combined record of 9-30

The three teams that beat St. Louis have a combined record of 13-9
The two teams that beat Minnesota have a combined record of 9-6

The best team Minnesota has beaten is 3-5 KC.
Nice research! Thanks!

Based on this, we ought to win!

Right?