On the clock at #16

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

These are the choices. Who do you pick if you're the "Snead"

• Austin

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Patterson

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Warmack

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd go Warmack because I think one of those WRs would still be there at 22 if both are there at 16.

Wonderboy

Rookie
Ramhusker said:
I'd go Warmack because I think one of those WRs would still be there at 22 if both are there at 16.

I went Patterson but I like where your head is at!

Disclaimer: I don't think the Rams will take an OL in the first round.

Add'l Disclaimer: If they do, I hope it's this guy!

On a related note: Does anybody here know if Tennessee or West Virginia are on the "quarter" system? I really don't want to draft another skill position player high in the draft only to not have him able to practice until the summer is half over. That is the NFL's worst rule on the books! None of these guys are even enrolled in classes anymore, why punish them!?!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went Patterson.
Most upside.
I'm meh on Austin at 16. Love him at #22
I like Warmack but I can a G closer to him in talent in the 2nd. Talent gap is larger between patterson, Austin than any WR i could get in the 2nd.

Going upside.
But if some other players fall I would rather have them. Like Richardson or Rhodes.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Yamahopper said:
I went Patterson.
Most upside.
I like Warmack but I can a G closer to him in talent in the 2nd. Talent gap is larger between patterson, Austin than any WR i could get in the 2nd.

Going upside.
But if some other players fall I would rather have them. Like Richardson or Rhodes.

I like Patterson more than Austin too, however I think the FO will prefer Austin. I think this because Patterson is a project and they want someone to step in a produce immediately.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:

Totally agree! But, that would be a tough choice!!

A55VA6

Legend
Tavon Austin. When the guy gets the ball.. defenders struggle to even two hand touch the guy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Austin. No hesitation either.
The Rams haven't had that type of speed,playmaking and exciting of a player since...since...well, we all know how long its been.

Add to that,he can ignite our lousy return game on special teams,line him up in the backfield occasionally...this offense needs this kid.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
IF all three were available at 16, I choose Warmack. Here is why. 2 WR are pretty unlikely to go in the next five picks until 22. So I take my chances and land one of the two receivers at 22.

If there was only one of those receivers, I would take the other to be safe.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Warmack.

Our chance to close this gap on the offensive line is now.

we picked up 2 receivers last year that are still developing, i dont understand how we need to get a receiver with our 16th pick or our 22nd.

let me just use an example,

MEGATRON Rookie Year - 15 games played, 48 out of 95 catches, 756 yards, 4 TDs & 1 Fumble.
Givens Rookie Year - 15 games played, 42 out of 81 catches, 698 yards, 3 TDs & 0 Fumbles.

It's time to fill the Oline gap, Saffold, Long, Wells, Warmack and Dahl.

Rams Major Needs - G/S/OLB

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
lasvegasrams said:
IF all three were available at 16, I choose Warmack. Here is why. 2 WR are pretty unlikely to go in the next five picks until 22. So I take my chances and land one of the two receivers at 22.

Same thing can be said for the top 2 OGs. Warmack wouldnt get past Dallas but there's a preet good chance Cooper is there at 22.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I'd be happy with any of those three, but I went with Austin. That guy is gonna be fun to watch, wherever he goes.

GO RAMS!!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
Yamahopper said:
I went Patterson.
Most upside.

Going upside.

I like Patterson more than Austin too, however I think the FO will prefer Austin. I think this because Patterson is a project and they want someone to step in a produce immediately.
I agree with your reasoning, but they might see that Patterson could be productive right away on special teams. In any case, I'd go WR over Warmack. I think we are going to pick a tackle/guard in this draft and not a pure guard.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I chose Austin.

This offense needs juice.

Givens - speed juice
Quick - tall juice
Cook - middle of the field juice
Austin - mis match juice

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:
Yamahopper said:
I went Patterson.
Most upside.

Going upside.

I agree with your reasoning, but they might see that Patterson could be productive right away on special teams. In any case, I'd go WR over Warmack. I think we are going to pick a tackle/guard in this draft and not a pure guard.

What I don't know about Patterson compared to Quick is how fast he picks things up. Can he make adjustments to coverages, audibles etc. Listening to Thomas and Softli on the radio towards end of the season, they said Quick new all the routes and plays but the changes at the line was what was holding him back. That's understandable,any rec.can have those issues. Same could be true for Austin.
What I'm looking at with Patterson is 3 years down the road. His size and speed along with his agility could make him special.
Yes a T/G combo would be perfect going forward.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
libertadrocks said:
lasvegasrams said:

Same thing can be said for the top 2 OGs. Warmack wouldnt get past Dallas but there's a preet good chance Cooper is there at 22.

great point. austin-cooper would be wonderful

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
lasvegasrams said:
libertadrocks said:
lasvegasrams said:

great point. austin-cooper would be wonderful
+1
It woud be an ideal scenario IMO.
:cool:

…..

Legend
Since WR's are such a risk and generally take more time to develop, I'd shore up the offensive line and go with Warmack to get it settled once and for all....or at least the next few years.

Build from the trenches? In this scenario, it would be possible to walk that walk.

Then in another year we can all be talkin about what a genious Les Snead is.