On replacement refs...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
interference said:
Selassie I said:
Commandant Goodell's "attempt" to paint the picture of his commitment to player safety with the bounty gate witch hunt,,, has turned into the reality of the opposite with these replacement trainees still calling games.

Goodell is an embarrassment to not only the safety of the game,,, but also the integrity of the game at the same time.

Hey Roger,,, you can't burn the tapes on these games. Hope these get used against you in the future Slick.
Selassie gets it!

It's not about game integrity, player safety, or any other platitude that sounds good on TV. It's about money and power, that's all, and this current situation with the Refs demonstrates that on its own, even if one were never to consider the Bountygate FAIL.
There was a comment made by someone on NFLN, that the refs allowed things to get out of hand by not flagging someone early on for the chippiness. The problem with that thought is that these refs just don't have the respect and authority--to the players--that the regular refs do. Everyone knows the replacements are temporary, hence incompetent, so why should the players care about giving them time to get better?

As long as the NFL ignores this aspect, the games will have more after the play push and shove.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was wrong a second time. I'd rather have the replacement refs than this travesty