On point quote from Football Outsiders back in July....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
This is from FO's Almanac written prior to the start of the season....

While no team since 1991 has been as inexperienced as these Rams at both running back and wide receiver, four squads did qualify at both positions in our sample groups: the 1991 Cardinals, 1993 Patriots, 2001 Browns, and 2002 Ravens. Those four teams went a combined 23-41 with an average offensive DVOA of -14.6%. None had a winning record or a positive offensive DVOA. Coincidentally, the 1993 Pats and 2001 Browns, like this year’s Rams, were quarterbacked by former first-overall draft picks in Drew Bledsoe and Tim Couch, respectively.

So the handwriting was on the wall about the how the inexperience at both RB and WR would affect the performance of this team. It's hard to believe that these statistics would be lost on Fisher and Snead. I mean, did they really expect to have a winning record when no one else had done so in their situation? And actually theirs was even worse. Their team was the most inexperienced ever at those 2 positions.

So what were Fisher and Snead thinking? Were they obtuse about the problem and expected to defy history? Clearly, this was a gross miscalculation.

Sneads words earlier this year still haunt me. He said he feels the best about the RB position. Was he serious? We can only hope he was lying and not showing poor judgment.

V3

Hall of Fame
Was that Snead who said that or Demoff? I thought it was Demoff but if it was Snead, that has me a little worried. It shows me he doesn't have a complete grasp of what our players are and that's his job.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Okay, that's a fact. They are young.
But where you getting the cap room to sign decent vets who can still play? Would have been cutting C. Long or JL been worth it to get the cap space ? I mean T.O and Chad Johnson were still out there willing to play for the vets min. That might have been the best option as to the cap space. But do you really want them on the team?
Which WR's would be cut to make roster space for the vets?

Same for the RB situation more or less, just no Benny C. on the team.

The unit that is failing the most is the most veteran, the Offensive line. And that's where we need a influx of youth.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yamahopper said:
Okay, that's a fact. They are young.
But where you getting the cap room to sign decent vets who can still play? Would have been cutting C. Long or JL been worth it to get the cap space ? I mean T.O and Chad Johnson were still out there willing to play for the vets min. That might have been the best option as to the cap space. But do you really want them on the team?
Which WR's would be cut to make roster space for the vets?

Same for the RB situation more or less, just no Benny C. on the team.

The unit that is failing the most is the most veteran, the Offensive line. And that's where we need a influx of youth.

It's also the area where they have spent the BIG cheddar on FA's and high draft picks.

THey looked OK in preseason when vanilla defenses were in play but not so much now. But it's early.....I'm hoping they gel and give Bradford that extra second in the pocket he needs and a little daylight for the RB's.