On Jared Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm all for moving on from Jared Cook. Target a good pass catching TE in the draft, sure Cook has everything measurable-wise but his inconsistent hands are maddening. I don't care if the guy is a burner just catch the ball and don't have the 'butterfingers' trait. Plus his cap hit with a rookie instead means more talent elsewhere, and in no way shape or form should Cook be paid in the range of Gates and all those others, imo.

Ramathon

Quick. Name the last Rams TE that was as much of a threat in the passing game as Cook is.

?

Let Kendricks and Harkey worry about blocking. I'll take that tree in the passing game all day every day.
He's 80th in the league in drops this year too. All three of them were killers, I guess. I can't remember.

Didn't Ernie Conwell have a pretty good yr or two.(?)

Big Willie

Starter
Every team has flawed players, but the good teams minimize or consistently overcome the mistakes of these flawed players. Cook has great size and speed. Cook us inconsistent hands and limited blocking interest. Cook seemingly has concentration issues. But, Cook is a unique threat because of his size and speed. He is the ultimate enigma; you can see the talent, but consistency eludes him. Tolerate until you can replace...and as the team gets all its holes addressed, they will replace Cook and Kendrick for more consistent high end performers.