Ole Miss............

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
...........considering changing the use of their name as some find it offensive.

Apparently an AP story is highlighting this in a story.........No link as of yet.

I'm not sure exactly how the phrase 'Ole Miss' is offensive.

WOW!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Probably Wilfred Brimley

7421_mississippi_rebels-alternate-1996.png

MV5BNzA1MzY5MDY0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQwMjYwMw@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
...........considering changing the use of their name as some find it offensive.

Apparently an AP story is highlighting this in a story.........No link as of yet.

I'm not sure exactly how the phrase 'Ole Miss' is offensive.

WOW!

I read this story yesterday. I think it has to do with some of the nicknames like "Confederate Drive" on campus. Basically it's being linked to the south before the civil war, and racism and slavery.....so yea...someone has too much time on their hands to think this shit up.

Alan

Legend
Angry Ram with his take:

7421_mississippi_rebels-alternate-1996.png

I can tell you right not that I'm not going to stop eating KFC!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I think it's the "Reblels" part. Johnny Reb is the mascot, is he not?

51U36uzF8RL._SX300_.jpg

CodeMonkey

Not saying I agree. Political correctness makes me vomit.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I know that several years ago there was a push to change the mascot from Johnny Reb to Admiral Akbar.
Obviously it wasn't successful.

Alan

Legend
MerlinJones deserving of more:
I know that several years ago there was a push to change the mascot from Johnny Reb to Admiral Akbar.
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Like, like, like. That was worth more than just 1 like.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I thought you were joking till looked it up. There was actually a push to change it lol, craziness!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
My father and I just had a conversation about this(teams having to change names)... this shits getting ridiculous.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
My father and I just had a conversation about this(teams having to change names)... this shits getting ridiculous.
What's ridiculous is every victory the "Word Nazi's" achieve move them closer to telling us not just what we can't say, but what we can.
Mind reading jackals that they are.

CodeMonkey

Any fool who is willing to give up a bit of his liberty to gain a bit of security will gain neither and lose both. Benjamin Franklin said some along those lines. Franklin was a wise man.

George Orwell's 1984 happened, as forecasted, a long time ago. Take your Soma.