OldSchool post trade mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't know yet because Fisher and Snead won't say who the #1 pick will be it could be either and I'm not going to debate that in this thread there is enough debate on them and the merits of the trade already. For the purpose of this mock I'll say we take Goff and go on from there and talk about the other 4 picks.

#1) Jared Goff QB Cal
17f9f14ac219253a8c0f6a7067004b0d.jpg

#110) Michael Thomas WR Southern Miss
1101_bisp_usmfootball27.jpg

#113) Xavien Howard CB Baylor
Iowa+State+v+Baylor+TLGOJKocIJll.jpg

#177) Thomas Duarte TE UCLA
hi-res-e04cebf2e711830fefcfeb9bc98d1097_crop_north.jpg

#190) D.J. Reader DT Clemson
0412_dmsp_spring_game_dj_reader_2_1433511869435_19275808_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Mike Thomas is coming in at 6'1" 200lb ran a 4.53 40. Very productive WR good size and uses it very well. Decent speed, not eye popping but has very good hands.

Xavien Howard 6' 200lb good size for a corner with 4.41 speed. Good speed and is a go get the ball playmaker. Could contribute right away as a rookie. I thought about a couple free safeties I think will be available at this point but we have Cody Davis and even Joyner who can slide to FS.

Duarte is a playmaker at TE. 6'2" 230lbs not a big blocker but moves well and has good hands. Chance he's not here at this point.

DJ Reader is a monster space eater at DT. 6'3" 327lbs provides rotation for Brockers and another wide body for short yardage packages.

Some UDFA I think could be targeted
FS Derrick Moncrief
WR Jay Lee Baylor
WR Quinshad Davis UNC
TE Jay Rome Georgia
DT Antwann Woods USC
DT Darren Lake DT Alabama
C Austin Blythe Iowa
C Mike Matthews Texas A&M
Both centers are long shots to be UDFA but it's possible they slide there are a couple every year that people think will be drafted and go undrafted.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great job @OldSchool like the picks after the QB, still will stand my ground that the Rams will draft Wentz because he's bigger and can run, which will offer another diveration to Gurley and the fact that Goff is built very similar to Samuel Jacob Bradford.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
We don't know yet because Fisher and Snead won't say who the #1 pick will be it could be either and I'm not going to debate that in this thread there is enough debate on them and the merits of the trade already. For the purpose of this mock I'll say we take Goff and go on from there and talk about the other 4 picks.

#1) Jared Goff QB Cal
17f9f14ac219253a8c0f6a7067004b0d.jpg

#110) Michael Thomas WR Southern Miss
1101_bisp_usmfootball27.jpg

#113) Xavien Howard CB Baylor
Iowa+State+v+Baylor+TLGOJKocIJll.jpg

#177) Thomas Duarte TE UCLA
hi-res-e04cebf2e711830fefcfeb9bc98d1097_crop_north.jpg

#190) D.J. Reader DT Clemson
0412_dmsp_spring_game_dj_reader_2_1433511869435_19275808_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Mike Thomas is coming in at 6'1" 200lb ran a 4.53 40. Very productive WR good size and uses it very well. Decent speed, not eye popping but has very good hands.

Xavien Howard 6' 200lb good size for a corner with 4.41 speed. Good speed and is a go get the ball playmaker. Could contribute right away as a rookie. I thought about a couple free safeties I think will be available at this point but we have Cody Davis and even Joyner who can slide to FS.

Duarte is a playmaker at TE. 6'2" 230lbs not a big blocker but moves well and has good hands. Chance he's not here at this point.

DJ Reader is a monster space eater at DT. 6'3" 327lbs provides rotation for Brockers and another wide body for short yardage packages.

Some UDFA I think could be targeted
FS Derrick Moncrief
WR Jay Lee Baylor
WR Quinshad Davis UNC
TE Jay Rome Georgia
DT Antwann Woods USC
DT Darren Lake DT Alabama
C Austin Blythe Iowa
C Mike Matthews Texas A&M
Both centers are long shots to be UDFA but it's possible they slide there are a couple every year that people think will be drafted and go undrafted.

Nice Mock. My only thought is about Duarte. I'm a UCLA fan and have seen him play alot. I'm not sure why he's being listed as a TE. He never played TE at UCLA. He was always split outside. And, I can't recall him ever having to go against press coverage. Personally, I would go with a true TE like Jerrell Adams or Bryce Williams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice Mock. My only thought is about Duarte. I'm a UCLA fan and have seen him play alot. I'm not sure why he's being listed as a TE. He never played TE at UCLA. He was always split outside. And, I can't recall him ever having to go against press coverage. Personally, I would go with a true TE like Jerrell Adams or Bryce Williams.
Looks to me like a pass catching TE a la Aaron Hernandez (without the whole murder thing)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Looks to me like a pass catching TE a la Aaron Hernandez (without the whole murder thing)
Most sites lift him as a TE, he's big and too slow for a WR. They're projecting him as a more agile faster TE.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Nice draft, and the most important thing is that you mocked us a wr and te. Duarte seems small for a te so if you're going that route, Cajuste from Stanford is listed as a wr but he's 6'4" 234lbs but he seems a little slow for a wr; maybe he can shift to te-----just a suggestion. Good job on your part.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Great job @OldSchool like the picks after the QB, still will stand my ground that the Rams will draft Wentz because he's bigger and can run, which will offer another diveration to Gurley and the fact that Goff is built very similar to Samuel Jacob Bradford.

I agree with Wentz, very similar to Steve McNair. Similar size, strong arm and from a small school.

TexasRam

Legend
solid mock!

After Goff I want a TE or WR and a CB maybe a S and DT somewhere.

Order depends on who is available. But I like your strategy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Personally, I would go with a true TE like Jerrell Adams or Bryce Williams.

^ This. Adams lit it up with the workout so someone will probably scoop him by round 3, but never know. I do think Williams has a real good chance to be there, though, and he is one of my favorite players in this draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

^ This. Adams lit it up with the workout so someone will probably scoop him by round 3, but never know. I do think Williams has a real good chance to be there, though, and he is one of my favorite players in this draft.

Adams will be IMO long gone by the time I have us taking the TE. He well could be gone before we even pick in the 4th. I thought about Williams but again I think he'll be gone in the 4th or 6th and I valued the 2 4th round picks much higher than him. Thanks for the input guys!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hey, @OldSchool I like it!

People shouldn't forget that Duarte will be able to come in for a free visit.