OldSchool mock 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Excellent work @OldSchool there is nothing I would actually change here. Love the free agents signings as I really believe Noah Fant would be an excellent addition and if the Rams are able to sign Chase McLaughlin away from the Bucs, that would be a huge upgrade at kicker and not cost so much.

The draft that starts with Mitchell I would be a fan of because he would be my pick then with the likes of Van Pran at Center plus an underrated Cedric Gray is even better. Antonio Gibson nice compliment to Williams, although durability a little bit concerning, but Gibson also is very good in pass protection. Love bringing Wentz back, which then Rams can make their decision at QB in a couple years like you communicated.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm curious what affect being on the same Dline as the GOAT has on Z.Smith, but like others have said maybe he's lost a step. But then again, like we've done in the past, sometimes we pigeon hole one DE/EDGE into being the "set the edge" guy while the others rush in, but that's a wild guess.
So At EDGE, our most critical need, I'm not a fan of this mock, (though I love a lot of the F/A & draft moves) but I will say... that Grayson kid intrigues me a LOT. Not many college edge kids can split double teams & make plays, and this kid can, on a line that includes Latu no less.
Getting an upgrade at C is a great compensation, something I've been pounding the table for for a while. Keeps Avila & Dotson, two of the best IOL combos we've had in a very long time. With any kind of upgrade at C, Kyren & Gibson have all sorts of room to blow DL's up.
And ya also need to find a QB3 behind Matt & Wentz. But overall it's a solid mock, nice work!
I anticipated my edge situation would be the most questionable. Also I have CB as need 1. We have some guys that can rush the oasser though it can always be better. But we do not have anywhere close to a #1 CB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Excellent work @OldSchool there is nothing I would actually change here. Love the free agents signings as I really believe Noah Fant would be an excellent addition and if the Rams are able to sign Chase McLaughlin away from the Bucs, that would be a huge upgrade at kicker and not cost so much.

The draft that starts with Mitchell I would be a fan of because he would be my pick then with the likes of Van Pran at Center plus an underrated Cedric Gray is even better. Antonio Gibson nice compliment to Williams, although durability a little bit concerning, but Gibson also is very good in pass protection. Love bringing Wentz back, which then Rams can make their decision at QB in a couple years like you communicated.
Thank you sir! Draft 2 before the combine will be very different

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Kris Abrams-Draine, Cooper Beebe, and Quinyon Mitchell? And we get Noah Fant as well? I think I'm in love.

Doubt SVPG falls to the third round, though; to me, he's an Eagles pick.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I anticipated my edge situation would be the most questionable. Also I have CB as need 1. We have some guys that can rush the oasser though it can always be better. But we do not have anywhere close to a #1 CB.
Very valid to say CB is #1 need. A really good EDGE rusher will make the whole secondary look better, but in some ways a really good CB#1 will make the whole DL look better. Chicken & Egg -- if that #1CB kid is still there & better than our Edge prospects (i.e. none of the first round Edge prospects fall to us at #19) I can see this as a great scenario. In fact, I'm not sold on any of those Edge prospects in this year's draft, except the AL kid & there's no way he falls to us.
Saw way too many "splash" plays of Latu where he's uncovered. Not a great highlight reel. Same with those "splash" plays of some WR prospects who're uncovered scoring TD's from broken coverage. You wanna see a first-round Edge kid do special things like split double-teams to get TFL's, like his teammate you selected lol.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Very valid to say CB is #1 need. A really good EDGE rusher will make the whole secondary look better, but in some ways a really good CB#1 will make the whole DL look better. Chicken & Egg -- if that #1CB kid is still there & better than our Edge prospects (i.e. none of the first round Edge prospects fall to us at #19) I can see this as a great scenario. In fact, I'm not sold on any of those Edge prospects in this year's draft, except the AL kid & there's no way he falls to us.
Saw way too many "splash" plays of Latu where he's uncovered. Not a great highlight reel. Same with those "splash" plays of some WR prospects who're uncovered scoring TD's from broken coverage. You wanna see a first-round Edge kid do special things like split double-teams to get TFL's, like his teammate you selected lol.
Sadly, it's a horrible edge class. There's a good shot that there won't be one worth taking in the 1st.

muggmeister

Rookie
There are actually 2 of them :) Kidding actually if you look at the UCLA page they call him Grayson if you look at draft sites and ESPN for example they call him Gabriel though one site literally has 2 pages for him one is a 3rd round pick the other is a 6th round pick. haha

Hunter Long will still be around but imo as TE3 with Higbee out.
They're brothers

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah I didn't make this one a "sexy" mock on purpose. This is improving a lot of area's that we need improved but aren't flashy. I have a feeling my next mock is if McVay adds a weapon in the 1st round and does things differently.
That scares me. I really don't love any weapon that he may add at 19, provided the draft goes as most mocks suggest.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Nice work on your Draft!
First question.... how did you come up with a 4th round pick? I thought the Rams traded it to the Steelers for Dotson?
Playing Davis at NT will be a wild experiment. I think his lack of size will make him susceptible to being washed out on double teams, no?
I like Cam Hart....but I see him mocked as early as the 3rd round and as late as the 5th. Is there a reason he may fall that far?
I like the WR from A&M .... he would make a great returner. It will be interesting to see how he fits in the 11 personnel package in bunched formations....probably would be used similarly to Tutu?
The only player I'm not a fan of is Bullock from USC. I like the Safety to be best tackler on Defense and he is nowhere near close to being reliable at this point. I think I like the Mustapha better.
Overall, I would be happy with most of these picks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice work on your Draft!
First question.... how did you come up with a 4th round pick? I thought the Rams traded it to the Steelers for Dotson?
Playing Davis at NT will be a wild experiment. I think his lack of size will make him susceptible to being washed out on double teams, no?
I like Cam Hart....but I see him mocked as early as the 3rd round and as late as the 5th. Is there a reason he may fall that far?
I like the WR from A&M .... he would make a great returner. It will be interesting to see how he fits in the 11 personnel package in bunched formations....probably would be used similarly to Tutu?
The only player I'm not a fan of is Bullock from USC. I like the Safety to be best tackler on Defense and he is nowhere near close to being reliable at this point. I think I like the Mustapha better.
Overall, I would be happy with most of these picks.
Got the 4th trading back in the 2nd.

I think a smaller NT is a Rams kind of thing plus regardless of his size he's a very good run defender and tackler plus we've upgraded the 2nd ILB behind him when he's on the field.

Agreed on Hart and actually a couple other players they could go higher or lower. He's one I've even seen picked in the 6th in mocks. Time will tell and I don't worry too much about round selections except the 1st right now.

Bullock is a lightning rod of opinions :D Everywhere I look for info on him it's varied. But I think he'll be a good center field type of defender and yeah I like Mustapha a lot myself.

Thanks for the reply! I think this is a solid unspectacular mock that upgrades the defense and special teams.

Memphis Ram

Legend
FYI. I don't remember if it was Jeremiah, Brugler, or Pauline, but one of these draft gurus said draft media is much higher on Sedrick Van Pran than actual NFL scouts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FYI. I don't remember if it was Jeremiah, Brugler, or Pauline, but one of these draft gurus said draft media is much higher on Sedrick Van Pran than actual NFL scouts.
Anything is possible! If the Rams draft him later it wouldn't hurt my feelings

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I 100% get that. But a lot of people think Mitchell is the best CB in the draft and a definite position of need.
Yeah.
It’s tough to think that a CB would piss off anyone.
I prefer a lineman, but CB is just fine by me.