Old School pre combine Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So we start the mock with the Rams having $39 million in cap space then we go on to roster cuts.

Roster Cuts:
Roger Saffold saves $4.3 million
Lance Kendricks saves $4.25 million
Tim Barnes saves $2.5 million
Eugene Sims saves $3.25 million
David Arkin saves $775k
Demetrius Rhaney saves $690k

Total Savings $15.675 Million
New cap space $54.675 Million

Trade:
Rams send DE William Hayes and OLB Mark Barron to the Cleveland Browns for ILB Demario Davis and OLB Nate Orchard. It's a trade that makes too much sense so it likely won't happen. Gregg Williams gets a couple guys he likes and has worked with and the Rams get a couple guys for Wade that are better scheme fits than Hayes and Barron. In addition to the scheme fits the Rams save about $9.5 million more in cap space bringing our new total cap space to $64.265 Million.

Free Agency

Resign:

Greg Zeurlein 3 years $7.5 (7.5-8 million is the numbers I've seen most for what he could get)
Dominique Easley RFA tender
Matt Longacre RFA tender

Ronald Leary: 5 years $40 million

Steps in and starts at LG, Dallas has his replacement already on the roster and will find he's too expensive to keep as a backup.

Ty Neschke: 3 years $21 million

Playing around with something here. He's an RFA so the Skins could match but they have 2 very good starting OT and might find this too rich for their blood with them needing to improve the defense.

Brandon Carr: 4 years $30 million

We need more than just one guy who can come in and start at CB. Carr may not be the best option to a lot of people but he can certainly start in the NFL especially with the front 7 Wade Phillips will field here in LA.

Jerraud Powers: 2 years $4 million

Steps in and competes at the nickle position. He's played well there in the past for Arizona and is worth a look at this price.

Sylvester Williams: 2 years $3.5 million

NT that will fit and excel in Phillips' scheme.

Pierre Garcon: 3 years $23 Million.

Makes too much sense and as others have mocked him before I'm keeping the theme going. Prefer him and his possession receiver aspects more than what Jackson provides.

Other signings:
TE Gavin Escobar 1 year $1 million
LB Dekoda Watson 2 years $2.5 million
C Brian Schwenke 1 year $1 million

We bring in three CB who can all start. Upgrade LG and bring in a veteran possession WR who knows the offense. A backup C who was good when healthy is brought in on a prove it deal. We trade 2 guys who aren't a great scheme fit and save cap space while bringing in a couple guys who can start or contribute at LB. Give Wade a NT allowing us to move Brockers around from DE to DT. Resign a couple guys for depth at DE and bring back our kicker who had a good year for us in 2016. By my calculations that leaves us roughly $22 million in cap space which we can use towards resigning Aaron Donald which is a much for the Rams and for the sake of the mock leaves room to up any deals people may feel are undervalued..

Draft:

Round 2 pick 5 (37)

T.J. Watt OLB Wisconsin

tj-watt-t1.jpg

I've seen too much on him from everybody else to not realize he makes a great amount of sense and is likely to be the BPA at this pick. We're putting him with Quinn, Tree, Davis, Orchard, Forrest, Hager, Grigsby and Littleton. He's likely starting from day one and Wade turns him into a beast opposite Quinn.

Round 3 pick 5 (69)

Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado

colorado-buffaloes-defensive-back-ahkello-witherspoon-breaks-up-a-picture-id626029444

Jrry has sold me on this guy. Steps in opposite Carr and starts day 1.

Round 4 pick 5 (112)

John Toth C Kentucky

jontoth(2)

Three picks and three guys that step in to start day one. All have veterans to support and coach them and even to back them up. Toth should anchor our OLine for years to come.

Round 4 pick 35 (141)

Roderick Johnson OT Florida St

roderick-johnson.jpg

Physically gifted LT prospect that could use a few years behind Neshke to be coached up by Kromer. There are things that he can definitely improve on but with a comp selection we take a guy who could be developed by Kromer into our future LT. Keep in mind the FA I signed for 3 years is already 31.

Round 5 pick 5 (149)

Eddie Jackson FS Alabama

hi-res-c5e07da6f611aa46f2036a13f6dd4bf1_crop_north.jpg

The center fielder for the amazing 'Bama defense this past year. His leg injury and the depth in the secondary in this draft allow him to drop a round or two to us in the 5th. If he comes in and wins the job it allows us to float Joyner around as the 4th DB. Joyner in that spot gives us flexibility and depth for injuries.

Round 6 pick 5 (191)

Mack Hollins WR North Carolina

UNCJM-SP-091716-RTW03%20(1)

This guy can just flat out play. Good size and speed and can step in at kick or punt returner as well as contribute on coverage teams. Very good deep threat IMO he's criminally under rated.

Round 7 pick 5 (225)

T.J. Logan RB North Carolina

f547420b6ca8f100688b4f3c9eb127d5-original.jpg

Back to back Tar Heel home run hitters. Nice change of pace back who again can contribute in the return game.

Round 7 pick 16 (236 via Balt)

Ezra Robinson CB Tennessee St

Robinson_Ezra_PreSnap_SJ_TSU_.580444636b7e0.jpg

Transfer from Michigan St put up a very good year. Again with the secondary so deep this year this is a guy had he stayed at Mich St and it wasn't so deep in the secondary this draft goes 2-3 rounds earlier. We get a steal here and add more depth to our secondary which we all know was the week spot of the defense.

Some of the players by now have become pretty common and we should be somewhat used to them by now. Some of these are my own preference some I have been sold one. One of my common points to people wanting to move GRob from his LT position is they don't provide solutions. I am not sure that Neshke is that solution but it's an option and one of the few free agents I'd be willing to give a shot to. We took his replacement so he better be a solution for a year or two. This draft and free agency makes our defense top notch even though some people won't like me letting TruJo walk. We're going to rely heavily on Carr and Witherspoon but there really aren't many options unless you want to pay TruJo 13+ million. There was cap space in my mock to make it happen I just like this route more. Hollis and Logan also give us something I'd like to do and that's replace Austin at PR. Austin had another sub par year returning including 3 fumbles. I've harped on him before and would like to get a new PR and let him focus on the offense. Some can do both some just can't. Looking at this mock I'll go with this as our starting lineup.

QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
WR: Pierre Garcon
WR: Tavon Austin
WR: Cooper/Thomas/Hollins
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Ty Neschke
LG: Ronald Leary
C: John Toth
RG: Jamon Brown vs. Greg Robinson
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Sylvester Williams
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: T.J. Watt
LILB: Demario Davis
RILB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Brandon Carr
RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon
SLCB: Jerraud Powers
FS: LaMarcus Joyner/Eddie Jackson
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Thomas/Cooper/Hollins/Logan
PR: Tavon Austin/Hollins/Logan

Ok tear into me about it :)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I didn't follow the skins much, but just on paper this looks like an overpay for Nsekhe. Did he even play LT with the skins? 7 million a year for a guy that's been a part time player is a bit much.

Aside from that inquiry, your draft was pretty solid, even had a couple guys I haven't looked into yet, so i appreciate that. I like your entire breakdown, the only thing I dislike, is moving Barron. I may be one of a few that really like the idea of him in this Phillips defense.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Like the way you a fixed a lot of the problem areas and saved cap space for AD. Really like the Toth pick, not so much Rod Johnson. I'm one of the few, but I still have hope for GRob with Kromer's coaching, so I'm not in on spending that type of money on Nsekhe. Gonna look at the WR Mack Hollins as I don't too much about him. Good job though fixing the OL and DB positions. Thanks for posting your draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't follow the skins much, but just on paper this looks like an overpay for Nsekhe. Did he even play LT with the skins? 7 million a year for a guy that's been a part time player is a bit much.

Aside from that inquiry, your draft was pretty solid, even had a couple guys I haven't looked into yet, so i appreciate that. I like your entire breakdown, the only thing I dislike, is moving Barron. I may be one of a few that really like the idea of him in this Phillips defense.
Their starting LT Trent Williams is one of the best in the game and he was suspended 4 games for substance. Neshke stepped in and played very well those 4 games to the point there was speculation he or Williams would move inside to LG which was the one weaker spot on a very good Skins line. It might be an overpay but we have the cap and McVay would be securing somebody he's familiar with.

The Rams might not need to make the trade and Barron as others have pointed out could fit in Phillips' scheme. For me the trade was a salary dump and securing somebody who could step in next to Tree and start at ILB and be solid vs the run there. Orchard is really just depth in this offseason.

Thanks for the input!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like the way you a fixed a lot of the problem areas and saved cap space for AD. Really like the Toth pick, not so much Rod Johnson. I'm one of the few, but I still have hope for GRob with Kromer's coaching, so I'm not in on spending that type of money on Nsekhe. Gonna look at the WR Mack Hollins as I don't too much about him. Good job though fixing the OL and DB positions. Thanks for posting your draft.
Thanks for the input! I also would be fine keeping GRob at LT and giving Kromer a chance to earn his money. If we do that and keep him at LT we don't sign Neshke and we can not sign Carr and keep TruJo who's going to cost a little less than those two. But might have me drafting or signing a second guard to compete with Jamon who hasn't been great in his first two years. I think competition for him is as important to the OLine as anything.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So we start the mock with the Rams having $39 million in cap space then we go on to roster cuts.

Roster Cuts:
Roger Saffold saves $4.3 million
Lance Kendricks saves $4.25 million
Tim Barnes saves $2.5 million
Eugene Sims saves $3.25 million
David Arkin saves $775k
Demetrius Rhaney saves $690k

Total Savings $15.675 Million
New cap space $54.675 Million

Trade:
Rams send DE William Hayes and OLB Mark Barron to the Cleveland Browns for ILB Demario Davis and OLB Nate Orchard. It's a trade that makes too much sense so it likely won't happen. Gregg Williams gets a couple guys he likes and has worked with and the Rams get a couple guys for Wade that are better scheme fits than Hayes and Barron. In addition to the scheme fits the Rams save about $9.5 million more in cap space bringing our new total cap space to $64.265 Million.

Free Agency

Resign:

Greg Zeurlein 3 years $7.5 (7.5-8 million is the numbers I've seen most for what he could get)
Dominique Easley RFA tender
Matt Longacre RFA tender

Ronald Leary: 5 years $40 million

Steps in and starts at LG, Dallas has his replacement already on the roster and will find he's too expensive to keep as a backup.

Ty Neschke: 3 years $21 million

Playing around with something here. He's an RFA so the Skins could match but they have 2 very good starting OT and might find this too rich for their blood with them needing to improve the defense.

Brandon Carr: 4 years $30 million

We need more than just one guy who can come in and start at CB. Carr may not be the best option to a lot of people but he can certainly start in the NFL especially with the front 7 Wade Phillips will field here in LA.

Jerraud Powers: 2 years $4 million

Steps in and competes at the nickle position. He's played well there in the past for Arizona and is worth a look at this price.

Sylvester Williams: 2 years $3.5 million

NT that will fit and excel in Phillips' scheme.

Pierre Garcon: 3 years $23 Million.

Makes too much sense and as others have mocked him before I'm keeping the theme going. Prefer him and his possession receiver aspects more than what Jackson provides.

Other signings:
TE Gavin Escobar 1 year $1 million
LB Dekoda Watson 2 years $2.5 million
C Brian Schwenke 1 year $1 million

We bring in three CB who can all start. Upgrade LG and bring in a veteran possession WR who knows the offense. A backup C who was good when healthy is brought in on a prove it deal. We trade 2 guys who aren't a great scheme fit and save cap space while bringing in a couple guys who can start or contribute at LB. Give Wade a NT allowing us to move Brockers around from DE to DT. Resign a couple guys for depth at DE and bring back our kicker who had a good year for us in 2016. By my calculations that leaves us roughly $22 million in cap space which we can use towards resigning Aaron Donald which is a much for the Rams and for the sake of the mock leaves room to up any deals people may feel are undervalued..

Draft:

Round 2 pick 5 (37)

T.J. Watt OLB Wisconsin

tj-watt-t1.jpg

I've seen too much on him from everybody else to not realize he makes a great amount of sense and is likely to be the BPA at this pick. We're putting him with Quinn, Tree, Davis, Orchard, Forrest, Hager, Grigsby and Littleton. He's likely starting from day one and Wade turns him into a beast opposite Quinn.

Round 3 pick 5 (69)

Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado

colorado-buffaloes-defensive-back-ahkello-witherspoon-breaks-up-a-picture-id626029444

Jrry has sold me on this guy. Steps in opposite Carr and starts day 1.

Round 4 pick 5 (112)

John Toth C Kentucky

jontoth(2)

Three picks and three guys that step in to start day one. All have veterans to support and coach them and even to back them up. Toth should anchor our OLine for years to come.

Round 4 pick 35 (141)

Roderick Johnson OT Florida St

roderick-johnson.jpg

Physically gifted LT prospect that could use a few years behind Neshke to be coached up by Kromer. There are things that he can definitely improve on but with a comp selection we take a guy who could be developed by Kromer into our future LT. Keep in mind the FA I signed for 3 years is already 31.

Round 5 pick 5 (149)

Eddie Jackson FS Alabama

hi-res-c5e07da6f611aa46f2036a13f6dd4bf1_crop_north.jpg

The center fielder for the amazing 'Bama defense this past year. His leg injury and the depth in the secondary in this draft allow him to drop a round or two to us in the 5th. If he comes in and wins the job it allows us to float Joyner around as the 4th DB. Joyner in that spot gives us flexibility and depth for injuries.

Round 6 pick 5 (191)

Mack Hollins WR North Carolina

UNCJM-SP-091716-RTW03%20(1)

This guy can just flat out play. Good size and speed and can step in at kick or punt returner as well as contribute on coverage teams. Very good deep threat IMO he's criminally under rated.

Round 7 pick 5 (225)

T.J. Logan RB North Carolina

f547420b6ca8f100688b4f3c9eb127d5-original.jpg

Back to back Tar Heel home run hitters. Nice change of pace back who again can contribute in the return game.

Round 7 pick 16 (236 via Balt)

Ezra Robinson CB Tennessee St

Robinson_Ezra_PreSnap_SJ_TSU_.580444636b7e0.jpg

Transfer from Michigan St put up a very good year. Again with the secondary so deep this year this is a guy had he stayed at Mich St and it wasn't so deep in the secondary this draft goes 2-3 rounds earlier. We get a steal here and add more depth to our secondary which we all know was the week spot of the defense.

Some of the players by now have become pretty common and we should be somewhat used to them by now. Some of these are my own preference some I have been sold one. One of my common points to people wanting to move GRob from his LT position is they don't provide solutions. I am not sure that Neshke is that solution but it's an option and one of the few free agents I'd be willing to give a shot to. We took his replacement so he better be a solution for a year or two. This draft and free agency makes our defense top notch even though some people won't like me letting TruJo walk. We're going to rely heavily on Carr and Witherspoon but there really aren't many options unless you want to pay TruJo 13+ million. There was cap space in my mock to make it happen I just like this route more. Hollis and Logan also give us something I'd like to do and that's replace Austin at PR. Austin had another sub par year returning including 3 fumbles. I've harped on him before and would like to get a new PR and let him focus on the offense. Some can do both some just can't. Looking at this mock I'll go with this as our starting lineup.

QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
WR: Pierre Garcon
WR: Tavon Austin
WR: Cooper/Thomas/Hollins
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Ty Neschke
LG: Ronald Leary
C: John Toth
RG: Jamon Brown vs. Greg Robinson
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Sylvester Williams
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: T.J. Watt
LILB: Demario Davis
RILB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Brandon Carr
RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon
SLCB: Jerraud Powers
FS: LaMarcus Joyner/Eddie Jackson
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Thomas/Cooper/Hollins/Logan
PR: Tavon Austin/Hollins/Logan

Ok tear into me about it :)
OldSchool, I really like your 'Cuts' and Loved your Draft. But, Like @JackDRams said, I don't know about Trading Barron, Hayes Fine, But I want to see what Phillips can do with Barron.
You also got more involved in the FA Market then I would have. But I'll give you an "A-"! because of the Barron mistake!;):LOL:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it, but I'm pretty sure Nsekhe is an ERFA, not a RFA. He only has two accrued seasons as far as I know.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like everything about it and it seems @jrry32 is right about Nsekhe.

Will Ty Nsekhe End Up Back With The Washington Redskins?

by Jacob Camenker3 weeks ago
The life of a restricted free agent in the NFL is a pretty tough one. This offseason, Ty Nsekhe and the Washington Redskins could have some decisions to make in regards to the free agent market.

In the NFL, restricted free agents play a key role in the offseason. Often time, they go under the radar as they typically end up re-signing with their own teams. However, a select few of them sign offer sheets with other franchises and can end up parting ways in the offseason. For 2017, the Washington Redskins are going to have a decision to make on the future of their backup swing tackle, Ty Nsekhe.

REDSKINS FREE AGENCY: Top Defensive Tackles On The Market
Nsekhe was an extremely valuable player for the team during the 2016 season. WhenTrent Williams missed four games with a suspension, Nsekhe was able to step into the lineup and perform at a very high level. There was little drop off from Williams to him, which is saying a lot given that Williams is arguably the best left tackle in the NFL. Because of this, Nsekhe is expected to garner some interest on the free agent market, and it remains to be seen what the Redskins might do with him.

In restricted free agency, teams are allowed to offer their free agents a qualifying offer. These offers are for a predetermined money about set by the CBA. As of the current season, the NFL has a few different tender options. They have a first round designation, a second round designation, and an original status designation. Essentially, this means that if a team wanted to sign another team’s restricted free agent to an offer sheet, they would have to give up a draft pick based on the tender amount given by the original team.

In Nsekhe’s case, the Redskins would probably be most likely to offer up a second round designation for him. Though they would not want to lose the tackle, they could potentially benefit from picking up an extra second round pick. They could use that to either bolster the defense or add an offensive weapon. A second round designation seems to make the most sense, considering that Nsekhe was undrafted so the original status designation would make little sense.

For those wondering about the potential of using a first round designation, that would seem to be unlikely. Unless the Redskins absolutely want to keep Nsekhe, it makes little sense to use a first round designation. The fact is that even though Nsekhe is talented, he is 31 years old. He may not be around for a long period of time, so no team would really want to sacrifice a first round pick to get him. Unless the Redskins definitively want to keep Nsekhe, the second round tender is the best option.

At the end of the day, it may make the most sense to keep Nsekhe for one more year. At the same time, the Redskins need to keep their options open. If they can get some solid compensation for the veteran, then it may be worth it to let him sign an offer sheet with another team this offseason.

http://riggosrag.com/2017/01/29/ty-nsekhe-restricted-free-agent/

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks @jrry32 and @den-the-coach I wasn't aware of that he was an ERFA. Could change things a bit based on how they designate him. There's more money left over in the cap with this mock maybe it changes to Beachum we go after. The LT is the one spot that will trouble Rams fans the most this off season as there's no consensus on how to handle it and there's absolutely no middle ground.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Eddie Jackson will probably go way higher than 5th round, I've seen him 2nd or 3rd. Other than that I like it

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eddie Jackson will probably go way higher than 5th round, I've seen him 2nd or 3rd. Other than that I like it
Thanks! He's one of those I've seen from the 2nd to the 7th in ratings and mocks so hard to gauge.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Thanks @jrry32 and @den-the-coach I wasn't aware of that he was an ERFA. Could change things a bit based on how they designate him. There's more money left over in the cap with this mock maybe it changes to Beachum we go after. The LT is the one spot that will trouble Rams fans the most this off season as there's no consensus on how to handle it and there's absolutely no middle ground.

How much do we read into Nsekhe knowing that he's coached by Callahan? A guy I keep reading is the best in the league.

Kromer is also highly regarded. Where does that leave GRob with top notch coaching.

Limey

Rookie
I like it. My only gripe is that this is reckoned to be a deep TE class, and as you are cutting Kendricks we could probably use one. It may be so deep that Snead grabs us a decent undrafted one, but I would probably look to grab one in the later rounds, maybe instead of the RB?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it. My only gripe is that this is reckoned to be a deep TE class, and as you are cutting Kendricks we could probably use one. It may be so deep that Snead grabs us a decent undrafted one, but I would probably look to grab one in the later rounds, maybe instead of the RB?
I looked at that in the 6th and 7th and went with those two instead. There's money in the cap for a cheap 1 year signee as a backup or as you mention an UDFA. Honestly right now we have 2 athletic options to be our primary pass catching TE so it wasn't a priority to me. Thanks for the comment!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How much do we read into Nsekhe knowing that he's coached by Callahan? A guy I keep reading is the best in the league.

Kromer is also highly regarded. Where does that leave GRob with top notch coaching.
He definitely could be a product of the OLine coach and scheme. After learning he was an exclusive rights free agent not sure how realistic it is to get him anymore though. We'll see going forward.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like it....very comprehensive too....Naw...I really like it....

You guys are killing me with Brandon Carr tho... Firstly, I hate cowboys...Secondly....I think Ezra Robinson is a starter.
this looks like an overpay for Nsekhe. Did he even play LT with the skins?
I really like the Ty Nshkey signing. I saw him play a couple of games...and he looked WAY better than Greg (COACHING????? HELL, WE CUT TY A COUPLE YEARS AGO...OR REFUSED TO RE-SIGN HIM)...Picked up stunts well...Hell, when he was with us, he could always move. 31 is still young. Even as a Football player. He doesn't have the mileage. Now all the reports...got me down...probably lose a 2nd round pick...means he needs to be signed long-term...not ideal.
TJ Watt....hmmm....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Let me look at some tape, but his combine will let me know what this guy is...
Johnson....I see a RT...man he was moving on some tape like he needed to take a shit.
Looking at Mitch Tribisky, I saw a couple of wrs....not sure who they were....no problems..
I really like Toth....and I think he can start too. BTW, I liked Schwenke in college too. He was awesome at the combine.
Best thing about this mock old school is, you attacked the 2 units I believe could get us in the playoffs, the O-Line & secondary, aggressively. Excellent identification of our teams weakness.
Like most....damn shame to lose Barron. But hey...shake em up!

RamsVA

UDFA
Name
RamsVA
Nice mock and trades! I was thinking of moving Barron back to SS under Wade, but trading he and Hayes makes sense to find better fits for Wade's hybrid 3-4 and save $$$ too. Very interested to see what Wade can do with Dominique Easley and Matt Longacre.

Living in the DC area it was hard to watch Nsekhe knowing the Rams let him get away and then endured the GROB debacle. Hope Kromer can work miracles, but GROB is probably headed to LG. Garcon would certainly be an improvement but local radio has the Redskins prioritizing Garcon over DeSean and I doubt Gruden would let both get away in FA.

Also like the resources and changes made at Center. Rams need a veteran to come in and be the captain of the OLine.

Did you see that the Rams signed former Utah Utes QB Travis Wilson who converted to TE? I hope the Kendricks and Harkey eras are over and the Rams are going with Higbee, Hemmingway, and Wilson and adding a true FB for Gurley.

I've got Eddie Jackson going in the 5th round in a mock I'll post soon. I'm also drafting an OT in the 4th but it's not Roderick Johnson. Johnson has more talent today than Brad Seaton (Villanova) but I'm looking at upside since both of us are acknowledging a veteran LT is needed in the short-term.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice mock and trades! I was thinking of moving Barron back to SS under Wade, but trading he and Hayes makes sense to find better fits for Wade's hybrid 3-4 and save $$$ too. Very interested to see what Wade can do with Dominique Easley and Matt Longacre.

Living in the DC area it was hard to watch Nsekhe knowing the Rams let him get away and then endured the GROB debacle. Hope Kromer can work miracles, but GROB is probably headed to LG. Garcon would certainly be an improvement but local radio has the Redskins prioritizing Garcon over DeSean and I doubt Gruden would let both get away in FA.

Also like the resources and changes made at Center. Rams need a veteran to come in and be the captain of the OLine.

Did you see that the Rams signed former Utah Utes QB Travis Wilson who converted to TE? I hope the Kendricks and Harkey eras are over and the Rams are going with Higbee, Hemmingway, and Wilson and adding a true FB for Gurley.

I've got Eddie Jackson going in the 5th round in a mock I'll post soon. I'm also drafting an OT in the 4th but it's not Roderick Johnson. Johnson has more talent today than Brad Seaton (Villanova) but I'm looking at upside since both of us are acknowledging a veteran LT is needed in the short-term.
Thanks for the input! Will post more after work.