Old School Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I generally agree, however, I think Romo is 38 and coming off injury. We all saw how bad they were with him out.
If he's healthy they are a decent team. But without him they just suck.

It's a tough call really. But JJ never stops amazing with his desire to run everything in Dallas.
I HOPE they don't take a CB. If that happens there is a good chance Goff or Wentz fall to a spot that is manageable to trade up to. If that happens we better be all over it!
The thing with taking a QB early with those 2 teams is we don't know if they'll even be ready to step in and play injury relief this year. So they could spend their 1st rounder on them for the purpose of backing up Romo/Rivers and then they not be ready. That's part of why I'm surprised we didn't hear more RG3 news to Dallas he'd have been better off there IMO learning behind Garrett and Romo and be ready to take over in a year or two.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I generally agree, however, I think Romo is 38 and coming off injury. We all saw how bad they were with him out.
If he's healthy they are a decent team. But without him they just suck.

It's a tough call really. But JJ never stops amazing with his desire to run everything in Dallas.
I HOPE they don't take a CB. If that happens there is a good chance Goff or Wentz fall to a spot that is manageable to trade up to. If that happens we better be all over it!

Romo turns 36 in less than a month. His contract is such that it makes cap sense to cut him in two years, which is realistically about all the time left he has to be a good QB. If there is a QB who they think should be elite, it makes sense to draft him now, when they should be hoping not to be in such a position anytime soon. I can understand wanting to go for it now, but they really should be preparing for the post-Romo future. The Rams are arguably the team best able to trade with them for such things. I've suggested before - For #4 and their 4th and 6th, trade #15, #43 and #45. That would give the Cowboys 4 picks in the first 45, and they have a 4th round comp pick and 3 6th rounders, so they would still have plenty of picks overall - really, as many as would be likely to make the team. The Rams would still have 6 picks, although obviously they wouldn't be getting immediate impact players except for the QB. The Cowboys picks gained would be ahead on points a little, but not a ton. They could get 3 players likely to play this year, plus a QB to develop. The Rams would get Wentz or Goff, and would still have a few picks to get a little help this year, plus all their picks next year, including comp picks and the 7th they are owed for Givens, so they could really fill holes then and even have ammo for some minor move ups.