Old School Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I think could happen with the first round and I'll make all of the Rams picks in the end. Sorry for style/editing doing it quick before heading back to the office.

1) Tenn-Jeremy Tunsil OT- Previous coach was fired for not better protecting the franchise QB. No matter how much you want Ramsey you can't ignore that warning.

2) Clev- Jalen Ramsey CB/FS- You just signed RG3 to be your QB now you need talent for the rest of the roster and this guys probably the best player in the draft.

3) SD- DeForest Buckner DE- You have a nice set of corners now you need somebody to provide pressure.

4) Dallas- Myles Jack LB- You need playmakers on defense and this might be the best one of the bunch.

5) Jacksonville- Joey Bosa DE- You need a pass rush to start off your defense right. With last years 1st rounder coming back this will be a dynamic duo.

6) Los Angeles- Carson Wentz QB- Rams trade #15, #43 and next years 1st rounder to move up and get their franchise QB.

7) San Francisco- Jared Goff QB- Shortly after they trade Kaep to Denver.

8) Philadelphia Vernon Hargreaves III-CB

9) Tampa - Leonard Floyd DE/OLB Georgia

10) Giants - Kevin Dodd DE

11) Chicago - Shaq Lawson DE/OLB

12) Saints- Sheldon Rankins DT

13) Dolphins- A'Shawn Robinson DT

14) Raiders - Noah Spence DE

15) Baltimore - Ronnie Stanley OT

16) Detroit - Andrew Billings DL

17) Falcons- Emanuel Ogbah DE

18) Colts- Jack Conklin OT

19) Bills- Darron Lee OLB

20) Jets- Paxton Lynch QB

21) Redskins- Mackenzie Alexander CB

22) Texans- Corey Coleman WR

23) Vikings - Josh Doctson WR

24) Bengals- Kenny Clark DT

25) Steelers William Jackson III CB

26) Seahawks Jason Spriggs OL

27) Packers Reggie Ragland ILB

28) Chiefs Eli Apple CB

29) Cardinals Ryan Kelly C

30) Panthers Chris Jones DE

31) Broncos Vernon Butler OLB

Rest of the Rams:

45) Tyler Boyd - WR
76) Austin Hooper - TE
110) Will Redmond - CB
190) Austin Blythe - C

Just a quick looks at what I think could go down on draft weekend.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I can dig it, although I'd prefer Goff as I think he's more pro ready. That's a trade up that I'd love to make though.

Big fan of Boyd. Hooper is a pretty good run blocker from what I've seen, and would fit us nicely there. Haven't seen much of Redmond, but corner depth is always a good thing. Blythe is from Iowa so he's got to be well coached. I'm not an expert on the individual players, but from what I know, I'd be happy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm all in on Wentz @OldSchool...Let's hope it falls this way!
chipsallin.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is what I think could happen with the first round and I'll make all of the Rams picks in the end. Sorry for style/editing doing it quick before heading back to the office.

1) Tenn-Jeremy Tunsil OT- Previous coach was fired for not better protecting the franchise QB. No matter how much you want Ramsey you can't ignore that warning.

2) Clev- Jalen Ramsey CB/FS- You just signed RG3 to be your QB now you need talent for the rest of the roster and this guys probably the best player in the draft.

3) SD- DeForest Buckner DE- You have a nice set of corners now you need somebody to provide pressure.

4) Dallas- Myles Jack LB- You need playmakers on defense and this might be the best one of the bunch.

5) Jacksonville- Joey Bosa DE- You need a pass rush to start off your defense right. With last years 1st rounder coming back this will be a dynamic duo.

6) Los Angeles- Carson Wentz QB- Rams trade #15, #43 and next years 1st rounder to move up and get their franchise QB.

28) Chiefs Eli Apple CB

Rest of the Rams:

45) Tyler Boyd - WR
76) Austin Hooper - TE
110) Will Redmond - CB
190) Austin Blythe - C

Nice Job ' Old School'!! I've been thinking of posting one of these this year, But I have got it ready! I'll see if I can improve on yours! ( It won't be easy!!)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

28) Chiefs Eli Apple CB

Rest of the Rams:

45) Tyler Boyd - WR
76) Austin Hooper - TE
110) Will Redmond - CB
190) Austin Blythe - C

I'd be beside myself if it went that way!!!

We'd be amazing right off the bat!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@OldSchool you don't think Treadwell is a first round pick? Though I would be very happy with your scenario.
Damnit I knew I was forgetting somebody in there! I honestly don't like him personally but I know he'll be taken in the 1st and probably before those 2 I have taken. Thanks @JackDRams Looking at it I'd put him to the Texans over Coleman and probably have Coleman going to the Browns with their 2nd round pick.

Ants

Starter
I like it...but I think Redmond could end up being a 1st rounder to mid 2nd rounder. I don't think he lasts anywhere near that long (4th round, I think you have him).
...but yes - I hope the Rams draft him. :yess:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it...but I think Redmond could end up being a 1st rounder to mid 2nd rounder. I don't think he lasts anywhere near that long (4th round, I think you have him).
Thanks for the input, we shall see who goes where. Every year people go two rounds before and two after their projections. It's a crazy three day ride.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lets see here the Browns select a safety over the best QB :shocked:in the draft thinking:thinking: they have scored with the QB RG3 :poop: signing ......sure sounds like a brilliant Browns decision:huh:.

Its a real bona fide possibility:palm:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This would be amazing. I would have NO problem giving that up. None whatsoever.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets see here the Browns select a safety over the best QB :shocked:in the draft thinking:thinking: they have scored with the QB RG3 :poop: signing ......sure sounds like a brilliant Browns decision:huh:.

Its a real bona fide possibility:palm:

It would also be a good move. You can never fault a team for going BPA - that's how we ended up with Donald and Gurley.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have Redmond going in the mid to late 2nd round. JMHO

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is my rebuttal to " OldSchool's Mock."

1) Tenn-Jeremy Tunsil OT

2) Clev- Jalen Ramsey CB/FS.

3) SD- Joey Bosa DE

4) Dallas- Myles Jack LB

5) Jacksonville- Joey Bosa DE

6) Los Angeles- Carson Wentz QB

7) San Francisco- Jared Goff QB

8) Philadelphia- Ezekiel Elliot RB - Big need and will keep players off Bradford!

9) Tampa - DeForest Buckner DE

10) Giants - Leonard Floyd DE/OLB

11) Chicago - Darron Lee OLB

14) Raiders - Vernon Hargreaves III CB

15) Baltimore - Shaq Lawson DE/OLB

Rest of Rams Picks:

45) Jonathan Bullard DE
76) Austin Hooper TE
110) Miles Killebrew SS
190) Jake Brendel C

This is the Best I could come up with, for now, more tomorrow!!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I would do back flips but I just can't see how both San Diego and Dallas (no matter what Jerry Jones says) pass on a future QB. Both Rivers and specifically Romo are getting old.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would do back flips but I just can't see how both San Diego and Dallas (no matter what Jerry Jones says) pass on a future QB. Both Rivers and specifically Romo are getting old.
In my mind it all comes down to how close those owners/coaches think they are to competing in the playoffs. Dallas is picking so high because of injuries. I think both load up with talent where they can and try to compete with their aging veterans.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Gaaaaah!!!

What's gonna happen!!!

This freaking draft!!!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
In my mind it all comes down to how close those owners/coaches think they are to competing in the playoffs. Dallas is picking so high because of injuries. I think both load up with talent where they can and try to compete with their aging veterans.

I generally agree, however, I think Romo is 38 and coming off injury. We all saw how bad they were with him out.
If he's healthy they are a decent team. But without him they just suck.

It's a tough call really. But JJ never stops amazing with his desire to run everything in Dallas.
I HOPE they don't take a CB. If that happens there is a good chance Goff or Wentz fall to a spot that is manageable to trade up to. If that happens we better be all over it!