Old School mock #2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
With this mock I'll be trading up to get a QB and then trading down with our next pick to recoup some draft capital.

Rams trade #15, #43 and #110 (1594 points on the trade chart) for #6 (1600 pts)

With the #6 pick the Rams take:

Jared Goff, QB Cal
17f9f14ac219253a8c0f6a7067004b0d.jpg

That's the face you'll see in your Los Angeles pressers for the Rams for years to come!

Trade alert #2!
Hypothetical here but lets say the Vikings see a run on OLB's to pair with Barr and trade up to 45 to get one.
Rams trade #45 (450 points) Vikings trade #54, #121 and #160(439 pts) Yes we move down significantly in the 2nd round but this draft our #2 need is WR and the depth of 2nd round targets is there to move down 9 picks and still get quality.

With the #54th pick the Rams take:

Tyler Boyd WR, PITT

hqdefault.jpg

We took our QB of the future in the first and in the 2nd we give him a young possession WR to grow with. I've seen Boyd mocked anywhere from 25 to 60 so the 54 is a real possibility.

With the 76th pick the Rams take:
Will Redmond CB, Miss St
19835787-mmmain.jpg

Fisher and Snead have said many times you can never have enough Corners! Redmond could play year one a lot if injuries force him to but given a year to grow behind Tru, Gaines, Sensabough, Joyner and Roberson would be great. For now he's depth and special teams. Could also help more immediately if Joyner is moved to FS.

With pick #121 the Rams take:
Tyler Higbee TE, Western Kentucky
635832733768650426-USATSI-8851137.jpg

Here's an idea lets give our rookie QB a 6'5" pass catching TE to grow with too! He teams up with Kendricks for our 2 TE sets and makes people forget even sooner who Cookie ever was!

With pick #160 the Rams take:
Antwaun Woods DT, USC
54372b1c0580d.image.jpg

With the 5th rounder from the Vikings we take a DT to play behind Brockers. Six feet 318 lbs of run stopping DT for the rotation.

With the 190th pick and their last pick of the draft the Rams take:
Austin Blythe C, Iowa
10021405.jpeg

I'm sorry was there a problem with taking a 6th round Center from Iowa to groom behind Barnes for a year or two?

There you have it. I did the thing everybody seems to say we can't afford to do, I traded up to #6 and landed the Rams a QB of the future. Then I did exactly what Snead/Fisher did the only time they've traded up in the 1st round. I traded back with our next pick to add back in 2 picks we sent away. Yes some of our picks are later than they would be without the trades. But our draft capital by the trade chart is virtually unchanged. And after taking that QB I added a WR and TE who should see significant playing time and contribute year one. I added a CB who also could do the same but at worst he is depth. I added a DT and C that most will agree should be positions we target on draft day. How's the depth chart looking? This isn't putting everybody listed on the current depth chart on there. There are still some WR, CB and LB that are listed I didn't include.

QB: Goff, Keenum, Foles and Mannion
WR1: Britt, Marquez
WR2: Austin, Toon
WR3: Boyd, Quick
TE: Kendricks, Higbee, Cunningham
RB: Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Watts, Brown, Harkey(FB)
LT: Robinson, Battle
LG: Reynolds, Wichman, Folkerts
C: Barnes, Blythe, Rhaney, Kush
RG: Brown, Saffold, Donnal
RT: Havenstein, Williams

DE: Quinn, Sims
DT: Donald, Westbrook
DT: Brockers, Woods
DE: Hayes, Coples
OLB: Ayers, Hodges
MLB: Ogletree, Hager
OLB: Barron, Lynch
CB: Johnson, Sensabough, Roberson
CB: Gaines, Redmond
CB: Slot: Joyner
FS: Davis, Bryant
SS: McDonald, Alexander

And that's without any more free agents which we still have some money for and not counting UDFA, which we seem to have a couple make the team every year. So tell me after this attempt at a mock is the idea of trading up for a much needed franchise QB such a bad idea that most are making it out to be?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Big fan of this draft as I love Goff & Boyd and Higbee was be a nice get you even threw me a bone with a Center to close it out, so sign me up today.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I'd be very happy with this draft. Nice work OldSchool