OL - looking forward to 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Difference in opinion, and I respect this forum, and the players and coaches. Robinson is not a horrible player. He's had some sub par plays. He's had some good plays. He's better now, than he was last year, and he's better than he was from game one. He's learning, even if some don't see it. His hand placement alone, was improved from the previous game. He has to get good positive reps, and really work on his first step on passing downs.

I get that, but I don't think it should take 3 years for the number 2 overall pick to get it. I see a little Jason Smith in him. He'll have games where he makes you say, "Okay, we may have something here." followed by games he helps make our QBs gun shy. The blindside tackle is far too important for Raw projects. I hated the pick when it happened, I warmed up to him after a few solid games, but now I'm hating the pick again. How many high draft picks can you spend on projects before you realize most projects don't work out?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I get that, but I don't think it should take 3 years for the number 2 overall pick to get it. I see a little Jason Smith in him. He'll have games where he makes you say, "Okay, we may have something here." followed by games he helps make our QBs gun shy. The blindside tackle is far too important for Raw projects. I hated the pick when it happened, I warmed up to him after a few solid games, but now I'm hating the pick again. How many high draft picks can you spend on projects before you realize most projects don't work out?
Here's the funny thing about those who have misperceptions about me. I never liked Jason Smith, not the guy, not the pick, but the way he played. I didn't think he would get it. I said it at the time, and I never changed my stance, although I was open to him getting better. I charted every single play he played, at the time he was a Ram. I did reports on the whole line. I re-watch a lot of games, and just focus on the OL, it takes hours.

I still believe GR will be a good player. I see him improving. And, look, it took Robert Quinn 3 years to become a good player. GR hasn't has 3 years, and he didn't really have an offseason this year. Not saying he's our best player, but the stuff people are saying, really isn't fair to him, when you take in all the circumstances. That is all I'm saying. Plus, we have absolutely nobody, who could play that position better at this time. You'll have to trust me on that one.