Okay, so

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Some food for thought.

Jimmy Johnston didn't look like a genius in Miami.
Bill Parcells didn't look like a genius in Dallas.
Billacheat. Same in Cleveland.
Carroll. Same in NE.
It goes on and on.
Martz couldn't find the GSOT magic with his other teams. He was fearless with his offense in STL though. I once saw him call a complete half of football without one running play. Unheard of.
Does that make them failures?

The product on the field is a huge ingredient not to be overlooked. That doesn't mean that the coaching doesn't matter. Football is the ultimate team sport.
Everything has to come together to be successful. 1 bad position group can fail an entire team.

I don't think it was an entire half, you are probably thinking about the Chargers game and they started with 20 something passes I believe.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't think it was an entire half, you are probably thinking about the Chargers game and they started with 20 something passes I believe.
I may be wrong. I could have sworn I remember an entire half of football with no running plays under Martz.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Parcells was only a genius when Belicheat was his DC . . .other than that . . .no so much

And he was cheating way back then. I read an interview with Phil Simms after Belicheat got caught and fined. Phil was trying to say that stealing signals didn't help all that much because one time they played the Chargers and the Giants knew all of San Diego's defensive calls but the Chargers still killed them. What he didn't mention though, was the Bill Belicheat was the Giant's defense coordinator. Coincidence?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, in a close game, "not helping that much" could be the difference in the game. I remember a pick-6 Patsys got in Super Bowl, what if that was one of those plays they had wired . . . and they won by 3 points . . . .

So, one anecdotal from Simms where it didn't win the game does not mean in others games there may have been benefit.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Well, in a close game, "not helping that much" could be the difference in the game. I remember a pick-6 Patsys got in Super Bowl, what if that was one of those plays they had wired . . . and they won by 3 points . . . .

So, one anecdotal from Simms where it didn't win the game does not mean in others games there may have been benefit.

I totally agree! 3 super bowls by 3 points each. If it only helped on one pivotal play in each game, that's all that matters.