Okay, my self imposed 48 hour Tavon moratorium is over...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://ramblinfan.com/2017/10/03/2017-nfl-power-rankings-week-5-los-angeles-rams-enter-top-10/
Tavon Austin more valuable at running back, not receiver, for Los Angeles Rams
by Dan Parzych36 minutes ago
Based off his numbers, Tavon Austin is providing more value as a running back instead of wide receiver for the Los Angeles Rams so far in 2017.
Between recovering from wrist surgery to dealing with a hamstring injury that prevented him from playing in the preseason, it’s been a rough couple of months for Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin. And even though the Rams have become one of the hottest teams in the NFL thanks to their impressive 3-1 start, Austin has struggled to play an effective role in the passing game as a reliable weapon for Jared Goff to work with.
Prior to the start of last season, Los Angeles made the questionable decision to reward Austin with a ridiculous four-year, $42 million extension, despite his lack of production throughout his early years. One of the main reasons why the Rams were so interested in locking Austin up for the long run was due to the fact that he found the end zone 10 times in 2015 with the intention he would become more involved with the offense last season, but unfortunately that was far from the case.
While Austin did manage to set a career high in receiving yards (509) last season, these are not the kind of numbers a team wants to see from an individual earning No. 1 receiver money. Even this season, when looking at how much of an impact players like Sammy Watkins and Cooper Kupp have made in Sean McVay‘s system, it’s beyond frustrating to see Austin continue to come up short in the passing game since he only has two catches for five yards heading into Week 5.
Then again, at least Los Angeles has to feel somewhat better about Austin recently coming through on offense against the Dallas Cowboys after finishing the game with 48 rushing yards on six attempts. Because otherwise, the frustration surrounding Austin’s lack of involvement with the Rams’ offense would be even higher when seeing all of the money the organization is already wasting on the former first-round pick

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Little off subject, but id like to see Davis utilized as a change of pace back if we're talking about tavon being utilized as one. Yea he had fumbling issues his first preseason game, tacon has those as well, but the dude is fast and has good vision. Also more built than Tavon which will help with YAC.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I guess it never even occurred to you guys to not click on this topic, did it?

Try it sometime.

You need to quote me twice to get your point across? relax.

You talk about freedom of speech and dont even recognize the hipocrisy.
As members of ROD, all of have the right to open any thread and as long as we stay within the rules of membership, we get to disagree if we want.

I didnt criticize 43 for his thoughts on Tavon. I disagree with him but even if I didn't, I still would have pointed out the irony of your use of the term "thought police" to criticize other peoples opinions.

Heres your logic back at ya:
"If you know some people might disagree, why even read their comments?"
Thats no fun, is it?
It is also not how any decent message board works.

Now all that said, I have no issue here. I am having a nice day and I hope you do to.

fearsomefour

Legend
Would like to see a pass, a deep pass, to Austin out of the jet sweep motion.
Fake the sweep, roll the other way or run the other WR action that way and throw deep back to Austin.
Make it so.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Would like to see a pass, a deep pass, to Austin out of the jet sweep motion.
Fake the sweep, roll the other way or run the other WR action that way and throw deep back to Austin.
Make it so.
This.

Fastest guy on the team by a mile.
Run some 9's

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
If I was a DC and Tavon was in the Line Up, I'd have to account for him, it would be stupid not to. Put a LB on him and you lose. He works as a Sweep, a 2 RB with Gurley in the backfield, motion one to WR, as a reciever, and as a decoy to take out at least one or two players.

Yes the other WR that comes out to allow Tavon in is not available, but there are so many benefits having him in there. Also WR's get winded at some point. Imagine Thomas on a Fly, then bring in Austin on the next play and match him up with that winded CB. Then bring back in a fresh Thomas, or Cooper, or Kupp

Oh my!!! I want to be the OC.... such toys to play with.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Gurley called him a mini-RB

I'm good with that. Kinda like the old wingback position, which was a slot receiver/halfback combo.

I'm all about Tavon as long as he's a Ram.