Ok...to make this season a success

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think the Rams have gone above many expectations. However, to end with a good taste in the fans mouth I really believe the Rams need to win the last two games. For two reasons...1, to finish above .500 in years. and 2, to remain undefeated in the division and possibly play spoiler to the Seahawks.

It's time this team takes that step where their will determines the outcome.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Winning the last two games would be really nice, I'd love to see it. Would end on a good note that's for sure.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Quick got a bunch of snaps yesterday, but they weren't even looking at him. The dude is always open literally with his size and physical ability. Game plan around him these last two games and see if all this draft a wr 1,2 round talk can be de-bunked. Than, and this isn't a knock on SJ39, but increase Richardson's role and get Pead in for some meaningful playing time. If these three guy's show some promise for next year beyond what we have already seen, that would complete what I think is already a successful season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Going into the season, I said that I would be extremely satisfied if the Rams were somehow able to have a winning record against their division. I must admit ,,, I thought that was asking too much.

I'm going to be at the game on Sunday. Its been a very long time since the Rams have won there. Win or lose I'm going to enjoy ,,, but I have to believe my walk to the car after the game will be FAR more enjoyable with a victory. I've almost forgotten what that feels like.

I'm already satisfied with the job the organization has done this year. We've exceeded most people's expectations . I'm comforted by the Ram leadership and believe that the talent on the field will improve greatly next year.

Crossing my fingers for a pleasant walk to my car after the game on Sunday .

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Gotta get Pead and Quick snaps. Don't care about anything else.

Edit: and Stewart

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
Going into the season, I said that I would be extremely satisfied if the Rams were somehow able to have a winning record against their division. I must admit ,,, I thought that was asking too much.

I'm going to be at the game on Sunday. Its been a very long time since the Rams have won there. Win or lose I'm going to enjoy ,,, but I have to believe my walk to the car after the game will be FAR more enjoyable with a victory. I've almost forgotten what that feels like.

I'm already satisfied with the job the organization has done this year. We've exceeded most people's expectations . I'm comforted by the Ram leadership and believe that the talent on the field will improve greatly next year.

I wish I was going to this game...had a great time there a couple years ago (save for the final drive)...

Also, I keep reading both on this forum and RamStalk this push for Darian Stewart. I said it last year, the beginning of the season, and still believe it. He isn't very good. He is your typical lowly draft pick that played well enough to be noticed over the horrible players above him...but he is probably nothing more than a 3rd or 4th safety. I really wouldn't feel any better going into next season if Dahl was replaced by Stewart. I feel like it is almost a lateral move. He is just a guy...and we need a playmaker at safety.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Selassie I said:

I wish I was going to this game...had a great time there a couple years ago (save for the final drive)...

Also, I keep reading both on this forum and RamStalk this push for Darian Stewart. I said it last year, the beginning of the season, and still believe it. He isn't very good. He is your typical lowly draft pick that played well enough to be noticed over the horrible players above him...but he is probably nothing more than a 3rd or 4th safety. I really wouldn't feel any better going into next season if Dahl was replaced by Stewart. I feel like it is almost a lateral move. He is just a guy...and we need a playmaker at safety.

I somewhat agree with that. Either way I want an upgrade, at S, but I wouldn't mind seeing Stewart play over Dahl, and a lot of that has to do with his speed, or lack there of. I don't like that Jenkins is the one that's coming across the field and being the last line of defense when there are big plays (mostly runs) and that Quinn is not only faster than him, but faster by a pretty decent margin. If we can't trust our S to chanse down a DE how can we trust him to catch a RB or WR?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Both road games; Tampa and Seattle will be tough.

But, let's do this!

ZGare

UDFA
It would be nice if the Rams were still not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs going in to the Seattle game.
That can happen if the Rams win at Tampa Bay, and these 4 teams lose on the road:

Minnesota loses at Houston (likely), and
NY Giants lose at Baltimore (likely), and
Chicago loses at Arizona, (the way both have been playing, not unlikely), and
Washington loses at Philadelphia (not impossible).

It this happens, it doesn't matter if Dallas wins or loses, and it doesn't even matter if Seattle wins or loses at Seattle for Rams to be not eliminated.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
ZGare said:
It would be nice if the Rams were still not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs going in to the Seattle game.
That can happen if the Rams win at Tampa Bay, and these 4 teams lose on the road:

It this happens, it doesn't matter if Dallas wins or loses, and it doesn't even matter if Seattle wins or loses at Seattle for Rams to be not eliminated.

That would be the definition of backing into the playoffs...but I'd take it! :bangin:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
BigRamFan said:
ZGare said:

That would be the definition of backing into the playoffs...but I'd take it! :bangin:
Not if we win out. Beating Seattle in Seattle would mean we earned it.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Ram Quixote said:
BigRamFan said:
ZGare said:

Not if we win out. Beating Seattle in Seattle would mean we earned it.

I could easily agree with that had we beat Minn. With all the caveats now required to get us in....I don't know.

ZGare

UDFA
Everyone is convinced that we can't possibly beat Seattle. Again. Have we forgotten that we beat them once this year? I realize that the gravity, oxygen, and basic physics are entirely different in Seattle than the rest of the known universe, but unless they allow the crowd onto the field to stop us, I think it is basically the same team be beat earlier this year.

F. Mulder

Starter
I'm hoping for a split and would be really really happy with how the season ended up. Seven wins which is between the 6-8 I was hoping/projecting and a lot of competitive games (even the ones that didn't turn out the way I wanted).

The TB is weird in that they have a way of playing horribly but seem to be able to come back from games that seem over. This is the type of game the "new" Rams need to win; a road game against an equal opponent, coming off a tough loss. The Seattle game is going to be really tough on the road but I wouldn't count the Rams out. They played stout in SF (which has been another house of horrors for them) and I'd be thrilled to be in the game in the 4th quarter and see how it plays out.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
SaneRamsFan said:
Quick got a bunch of snaps yesterday, but they weren't even looking at him. The dude is always open literally with his size and physical ability. Game plan around him these last two games and see if all this draft a wr 1,2 round talk can be de-bunked. Than, and this isn't a knock on SJ39, but increase Richardson's role and get Pead in for some meaningful playing time. If these three guy's show some promise for next year beyond what we have already seen, that would complete what I think is already a successful season.

Not with me it won't be. Imagine if Quick developes and we drafted either Keenan Allen or Da'rick Rogers. It would give us some serious firepower. You would have two beasts on the outside where either one will get open, a big play threat (ala Hakim) and an underneath fireCRACKER (get it? poor taste?)

1. Chance Warkmack
1. Keenan Allen
2. DJ Fluker
3. Top safety available (Lester or Rambo?)

Seriously, try to stop the Rams after that. I dare you.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
F. Mulder said:
The TB is weird in that they have a way of playing horribly but seem to be able to come back from games that seem over. This is the type of game the "new" Rams need to win; a road game against an equal opponent, coming off a tough loss.

This week will be interesting.

Tampa, on the road... let's see how our Rams respond.

I happen to think these last two games will be very difficult. If we win one or both... I will be impressed.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If we split that last two games, I would consider it a success. If we happen to knock the Seahags out of getting into the playoffs, I would have a happy New Year.

paceram

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
If we split that last two games, I would consider it a success. If we happen to knock the Seahags out of getting into the playoffs, I would have a happy New Year.

Agreed! I will be pretty happy if San Francisco can beat the Seahawks this Sunday and the Rams can beat them next Sunday (hopefully, knocking them out of playoff contention!)!