OK, so who should be our new Punt Returner?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This should have been a thread last week, but I'm starting it now.

Kupp is a great WR, and he is too valuable to have back there returning kicks.
I'm sure he got the job because of ball security, but enough is enough.
Two bad decisions, in two weeks, and a fumble.

I thought Henderson was good at returning punts, even though I might be mistaken, but he might be our #1 RB right now, so who else on this roster can return punts?

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
In defense of Kupp, if he can't get under it and isn't comfortable catching it (the sun is in his eyes or whatever) he should absolutely let it roll rather than risk the turnover. That's the kind of play you need to be smart on. Better to let the offense work rather than risk gifting more points.

TomMack

Rookie
The way the defense is playing who’s returning punts shouldn’t matter.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd go with whomever the coaches trust. If that's Kupp, so be it.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Webster caught the ball clean last year after JoJo. Give him his job back. He's got some speed to threaten with a little space.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coaches want Kupp and I dont think there's anybody on the roster capable of taking the job from him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Webster. He has experience catching punts, and he's too good to sit on the bench.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Webster. He has experience catching punts, and he's too good to sit on the bench.

This..and for a few reasons. Kupp might be the best on our roster with the ball in his hands (I'd argue Woods too) and makes sense why the coaches want him there. But experience and situational awareness matters. Today he made a bad decision not to return that punt, he should have fielded it and returned it. But if he didn't want to, fair catch was the obvious other choice. He didn't know exactly where he was at on the field and letting that punt drop was horrible.

One fumble and one big mess up that completely flipped field possession, all within 2 weeks shouldn't be acceptable IMO. But on top of everything else if he were to god forbid get hurt on special teams we would look like complete idiots.

Webster is the call for me but maybe his hands aren't consistent enough IDK.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Donald. I'll bet he'd bust a run or two. :ROFLMAO:

But really though. Like in a blowout. Ok maybe not.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Donald. I'll bet he'd bust a run or two. :ROFLMAO:

But really though. Like in a blowout. Ok maybe not.
Gotta admit watching AD return a punt (at the end of a blowout) would be freaking hilarious. What an insult to the other team, though.

Asshole Face would try it...

Edit: LOL...I just typed in S-e-a-n P-a-y-t-o-n and the autocorrect fixed it for me...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
In defense of Kupp, if he can't get under it and isn't comfortable catching it (the sun is in his eyes or whatever) he should absolutely let it roll rather than risk the turnover. That's the kind of play you need to be smart on. Better to let the offense work rather than risk gifting more points.
I agree with this take... looks like Kupp lost track of both the ball and where he was on the field, so rather than make a risky fielding attempt, he just got out of the way. He probably could have played it better, but at least he didn’t put the team at risk with a turnover.

My guess is that Webster must have had a few drops in practice, otherwise he’d probably still be back there.