OK - So Check This Out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Most of you probably know that we own a BBQ Restaurant and Brewery - PigFeathers.com / TwistedSnout.com respectively.

Well this year we did the non-seafood entry in the Oyster Cloyster - an event that matches area chefs against each other for inventive oyster dishes. After agreeing to be in the event, they informed us that the competition phase was only for oyster dishes - even though we prepared a special Teryaki Chicken and Saracha as well as a rib dish both placed artistically on sterylized oyster shells. Kind of irritated me because by what most were saying, we probably could have won it. But it was for local charities so we had a great time and felt good about it.

So a few months later, another charity asked us if we wanted to enter the Chocolate Classic. This is another chef challenge. I thought it was odd that they would ask a BBQ Restaurant to compete (we are actually competing this time) but we have a pretty good reputation around these parts and I thought maybe they were looking for something outside the box of deserts, candies, truffles, cakes, and pastries.

We decided to give it a go and have fun with it. The theme of the event is a night at the Oscars. So our entry will be Dtacos Unchained - The D is silent. We made dollar sized orange infusd white corn tortillas and will fry them like little taco shells. Inside there will be a rich chocolate infused Andouille Sausage. I prepared a dark chocolate curry sauce lightly sweetened with Agave nectar for a drizzle. On the side will be a Fuji Persimmon/Pineapple salsa. This will be presented in a champagne coup.

We have also blended a special beer for them that we call Raspberry Truffle. It is a blend of our Raspberry Squeal Ale and our Honey Oatmeal Porker Ale.

My wife also designed a backdrop for our table that should get quite a chuckle.

Anyway, wish me luck ROD bros. I will take a bunch of pictures and let you know how we do. The competition is Saturday night. Should be fun. In it to win it!

bluecoconuts

Legend
That sounds awesome, and delicious. Good luck man, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's awesome!

I checked out your website some time ago... you couldn't be further away for me! Damn! Opposite sides of the continent!

Good luck! Sounds like a winner to me, and if not, a hell of a lot of fun!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In the bag.

That sounds insane too, man. Like to have a nibble of that stuff fo sho.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A little update. After much testing, we changes the Persimmon/Pineapple salsa to a cherry marmalade. It is really bright in both color and flavor. Just really makes the thing pop.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Mmmmm teriyaki chicken with Saracha.....