OK, now let's trade down!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just read a source that quoted multiple NFL executives in saying Goff was the better prospect and it was not even close. I will try and find the link.

There are multiple execs, GMs, coaches and scouts on both sides.

I think we can stipulate that there are some who think Goff is the better prospect and some who think Wentz is the better prospect.

Even the draft won't necessarily settle it, it'll just tell us who the Rams chose.

Heck, there are some who still like Mariotta better even though Winston was nearly OROY and clearly was farther along.

I think the only thing we'll know for sure on April 28th is who will be in horns next year. Beyond that?

I dunno...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
RG3. They're gambling he can return to form. Keep in mind also that if they trade down, it might be high enough to get Lynch, too. Sit him for a year while they are seeing if RG3 can regain his value.
Then they might be really interested in trading for Foles as well?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Crazier things have happened. If you would have told me that the Rams were going to trade up to #1 a week ago, I'd have thought that crazy too.
But here we are
Rams traded to 1 to ensure 1 of the 2. If Cleveland were to make an offer that couldn't be refused?
Nothing would surprise me

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would be hugely shocked if we trade down with the Browns, even more so with another team. The trade to 1 was brought around by a combination of necessity and desperation. What sort of message would we send if we basically said we are not fussed which QB we end up with? Not a good one.

I know there are people who are not happy with the bounty of picks we have given up, but the Rams as a team and Fisher/Snead as a duo, had no choice. We simply could not enter the year with the QB's we had. It would have been another dead duck year and it would not have been tolerated from all aspects (fans, players, top brass etc). I for one am glad we made the trade, as I'm not sure I could have watched another year of our spluttering offense and our constantly gassed defense fighting to keep us in games. At least we will now have hope for this season and the future!

Yes, neither of Wentz or Goff (according to experts and general consensus amongst fans) is the kind of QB that you trade up from 15 to 1 for, but you can't wait your whole life playing the waiting game for the golden armed heir apparent. Eventually you have to roll the dice and just go for it! For all we know, one of the two, MAY be the guy we need to put this team over the hump and give us the foundation on offense that we can build around for years to come. Without a worthwhile QB, you have nothing!

nighttrain

Legend
And THIS is why I feel the Browns might give us their 2nd rounder this year, and their 3rd rounder next year, to have their choice of the two QBs. If that happens, the Los Angeles Rams will barely have given anything to move up from #15 to #2 this year. It's a great deal.
was thinking the same, Cleveland said (no link) they prefer Wentz because of cold weather, bigger hands, make them pay, i prefer Goff
train

fancents86

Starter
Trade picks with the Browns.
Ask for their #2 this year and their #3 next year.
With this year's number two overall pick, take whichever QB they don't take.

Anyone?
This is what I always had in the back of my mind when I heard about the trade with Tenn. it seemed out of character to give up so much for one player. If we want want wentz I can see this happening, bc I believe Jackson will want Goff. Make a deal similar to what we did with Tenn and that is another huge draft win for the Rams.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm with X. Unless the Browns tell us who they are taking and it's not our guy this won't happen. We will be picking first.
So, if they want Goff, lets say....and the Rams are willing to trade down this would tell the Browns the Rams wants Wentz and they wouldn't need to trade....if everyone was being honest.
But, THE REAL reason you don't trade out of 1 is the chance Cleveland get an offer (say from SF) they can't turn down and they trade out of 1.
You trade to 1 overall to NOT TRADE THE PICK.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So, if they want Goff, lets say....and the Rams are willing to trade down this would tell the Browns the Rams wants Wentz and they wouldn't need to trade....if everyone was being honest.
But, THE REAL reason you don't trade out of 1 is the chance Cleveland get an offer (say from SF) they can't turn down and they trade out of 1.
You trade to 1 overall to NOT TRADE THE PICK.
True that. Good point, I feel the same way, was just trying to figure out a possible way they'd trade back. won't happen but was drunk enough to explore the possibility lol

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the only thing we'll know for sure on April 28th is who will be in horns next year...

:)
On that point every single one of us can agree. By the end of April 28th, we'll know which QB will be in horns next season.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way you trade with CLE now

Despite the fact if we did and someone jumped ahead to nab our guy we'd lose out how's that convo going to

Les : wanna trade we really are 50/50
We rate them the same on our board but leaning towards Goff wanna deal ?(if we want Wentz )
Browns :yeah we really want Goff let's trade
Les : done deal

With the first pick of the draft Browns select Carson Wentz

Les : DOH

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And THIS is why I feel the Browns might give us their 2nd rounder this year, and their 3rd rounder next year, to have their choice of the two QBs. If that happens, the Los Angeles Rams will barely have given anything to move up from #15 to #2 this year. It's a great deal.

Well, you have a point there. And since I'm fine with Goff as a "consolation prize" if Wentz went first in such a situation, it might be worth it. If we got their #2, we could go get a decent WR too.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, you have a point there. And since I'm fine with Goff as a "consolation prize" if Wentz went first in such a situation, it might be worth it. If we got their #2, we could go get a decent WR too.

And imagine the following scenario.
Say the Rams want Wents. The Browns trade picks with us for the deal I mentioned above, and for whatever reason, they take Goff thinking we wanted him or that he is the better player. In that scenario we gain 2 great picks AND get the guy we wanted.