OK next up: Atlanta Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What the over/under of how many times we'll hear "Steven Jackson Bowl"? :roll:

180122eb-c3d5-3ab0-9186-2e196ba80b41

I didn't realize until today he dropped what would have been the go-ahead and winning TD.

Anywho...I'm not THAT worried about SJack running wild on the Ram D. It's obvious the biggest non-existent "key" is how the Ram CBs will do against Roddy White and Julio Jones. The semi-good news is that Roddy isn't 100% w/ his high ankle sprain. I'm assuming Cortland will be on him and Jackrabbit on Julio.

After yesterday's game, I really hope they don't play off them. Matt Ryan is a stud and he'll do a lot more damage than Carson Palmer. Another match-up is Alec Ogletree vs. Tony Gonzalez.

The one advantage the Rams should have on D is the DL over Atlanta's average OL. That's "should have" it's up to them to execute.

On offense, Sam and Jared Cook need to continue where they left off yesterday. Atlanta's defense is very average. Tavon "two yards" Austin coming out game? Not yet, but Chris Givens will get the deep look this week. Falcons don't have that strong of a pass rush so the OL needs to do it's job.

Either way on the road it will be very tough to win this one, Atlanta is stacked and experienced offensively. But the Rams can do it if they hit the right plays.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think we proved we can make mistakes and still win. However, I don't think this is the game we want to try that again. I think we can beat them if we play relatively mistake free. But our D has to keep Ryan from having a huge game. Best option is to have our O stay on the field as much as possible. Long drives...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
That animated GIF of the "touch back" in your sig is driving me crazy.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Our pass rush has to keep it going against Matty Ice. Gotta keep them under 30.

I think we can put up 30 pts on that D.

A55VA6

Legend
We stand no chance of winning if our Pass coverage plays like it did yesterday. We need to tighten that coverage, execute better and play good offense.

This Falcons team will be hungry. Super Bowl expectations and they start the season 0-1.. can't go down 0-2. Steven Jackson might have something extra against us. So we'll have to be on our game.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:

I didn't realize until today he dropped what would have been the go-ahead and winning TD.

Anywho...I'm not THAT worried about SJack running wild on the Ram D. It's obvious the biggest non-existent "key" is how the Ram CBs will do against Roddy White and Julio Jones. The semi-good news is that Roddy isn't 100% w/ his high ankle sprain. I'm assuming Cortland will be on him and Jackrabbit on Julio.

After yesterday's game, I really hope they don't play off them. Matt Ryan is a stud and he'll do a lot more damage than Carson Palmer. Another match-up is Alec Ogletree vs. Tony Gonzalez.

The one advantage the Rams should have on D is the DL over Atlanta's average OL. That's "should have" it's up to them to execute.

On offense, Sam and Jared Cook need to continue where they left off yesterday. Atlanta's defense is very average. Tavon "two yards" Austin coming out game? Not yet, but Chris Givens will get the deep look this week. Falcons don't have that strong of a pass rush so the OL needs to do it's job.

Either way on the road it will be very tough to win this one, Atlanta is stacked and experienced offensively. But the Rams can do it if they hit the right plays.

Average OL? I'm not so sure about that, from what I've read, they're one of the best O's in the league. But I do think that their "D" line is "questionable" rush wise and as a result, SB should have the time to use his "new toys." Let's face it, Atl has excellent wide receivers and an improved running game, all of which suggests that for the Rams to win (they) will have to out score these guys.

iced

ramsince62 said:
Average OL? I'm not so sure about that, from what I've read, they're one of the best O's in the league. But I do think that their "D" line is "questionable" rush wise and as a result, SB should have the time to use his "new toys." Let's face it, Atl has excellent wide receivers and an improved running game, all of which suggests that for the Rams to win (they) will have to out score these guys.

Atlanta's o-line was definitely questionable, both in pass pro and the run game.

I do remember reading around about it... And that was also one of the cons about drafting Sjax in fantasy - open offense, bad o-line

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's ingrained in my brain that the falcons are in our division. I hate em just like I did when they were still in our division.

Any given Sunday. We can win.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ramsince62 said:
Angry Ram said:

I'll give them as a group they have played well. But it's not anything special or all world. They can be had. If the Saints' defense can have their way with them, why can't the Rams?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Mike Smith said during his presser the new Orleans got a load of pressure on ryan and their d front isnt close to what i believe the rams have.

Main concern: can we limit the damage done by Ryan, jones and white? I feel like if we press these receivers they could run by us and if we lay off of them we see the same thing as yesterday. We are best to realize that these three guys are going to produce. We must score points by using all of our weapons!

Concern # dos: contain s Jackson. You know he is going to be pumped for this game!

tonyl711

Starter
SJ might be pumped for this game, but don't think that the entire defense would love anything more than to shut him down, just the fact that he wanted off this team so he could have a chance to go to a SB would make most rams players want to show him he made a mistake.

this is a very winnable game IMO, if we can get pressure on Ryan I don't think they score over 21.

Graphicker

Starter
Atl has had our number going back to 04 where they rapped us. Allen Rossum ran wild. Vick treated us worse than his dogs that day.
Atl, Came into our house and gave it to us a few years ago. Our Pass rush was non existent because all Matt did was dink and dunk it with Roddy.

High ankle sprains are a bitch to deal with and usually takes 1-2 months for 70-80% recovery time, I don't believe we'll see a 100% White. Playing against AZ was a great test for our defense as they have explosive WRS' as well. We need our DT's to absolutely blow up the trenches. We don't even need to rely on our DE's as much as we need our DT's to.
Brockers needs to man up this game, We absolutely need him.

I don't even know how we'll fare on offense. They did well vs the Saints. Man what a brutal test, Season opener for them and they are piss as hell. :lol:

I have faith.. We are physical enough to punish them... I trust James to cover Tony Gonzales. I trust Janoris to stick with Julio. We need to lay off that soft zone crap however. It's sickening to allow easy 5-6 yard passes while on the other hand our WR's are getting jammed up the ass.

#leggo

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Long needs to have more sightings in this game pressuring matt ryan early and often.. That being said quinn with 3 more sacks this game heard it here first lol

bskrilla

Starter
I too am not a huge fan of the soft zone coverage the Rams ran for much of the game yesterday, but let's remember that, while frustrating, the defense held them to 17 points. It was the definition of bend but don't break for most of the game. Most teams are pretty happy holding a good offense to 16 points, and Arizona has Palmer, Fitzgerald and Floyd.

Atlanta is clearly on another level as far as talent, so I'm not sure the soft zone will work quite as well as it did against Arizona.

On another note I've seen the notion that Tavon wasn't very good yesterday echoed around a bit.
He may not have lit it up like Cook, but he quietly picked up 6 receptions including a few key third down receptions. The kid's good, but he's a rookie and he's not going to put up 100 yards every game.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
A pissed off Atlanta at their home opener is going to be tough.

We better not play that soft zone crap next week.

We need to cut down on mistakes. We were able to get away with it at home against Az but not on the road against the Falcons

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
tonyl711 said:
SJ might be pumped for this game, but don't think that the entire defense would love anything more than to shut him down, just the fact that he wanted off this team so he could have a chance to go to a SB would make most rams players want to show him he made a mistake.

this is a very winnable game IMO, if we can get pressure on Ryan I don't think they score over 21.
It never had to do with him wanting to leave solely on going to a super bowl it was the pure fact he wanted to be the sole bell cow at RB as we wanted more of a multi RB approach.... guess him costing way more than all four of our RB's contributed to us letting him out of his contract to.

Cant hate SJ wanting to go somewhere else for finishing out his career but when its all said and done he will retire with a one day contract a Ram and I respect what he did for us.