Ok F this time for a freak out thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I don't know off hand... but would you fire them if they went 7-9 again this year given the toughness of the division?

I've always been a big believer that W-L records themselves don't tell the whole story. A losing record only tells you that there's a problem, not that the coach or the QB or whoever is necessarily the cause of it.

Yes, they've had more to work with than anyone could dream of, 5 first round picks 4 of which were top 20, 2 top 10, a decent amount of free agency and a good if lacking core of players. I don't care about the division, they were signed to win in it not cry about it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't know WTH is going on, anymore. We are getting ZERO impact free agents. In fact, we're actually worse... considerably worse.

The only positive i see is CLE and OAK are spending all this money but have no QB's. That bodes well for us.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't know WTH is going on, anymore. We are getting ZERO impact free agents. In fact, we're actually worse... considerably worse.

The only positive i see is CLE and OAK are spending all this money but have no QB's. That bodes well for us.
I don't like all of the holes we have to fill. We still need a FS, now we need two guards, another CB, another OT, and OLB

The fact that Verner signed for so cheap get's me pissed off.

I really hope we don't enter next year with two rookie guards, a rookie CB, a rookie FS and a rookie OLB

This season, which I had high hopes for, might really suck

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't like all of the holes we have to fill. We still need a FS, now we need two guards, another CB, another OT, and OLB

The fact that Verner signed for so cheap get's me pissed off.

I really hope we don't enter next year with two rookie guards, a rookie CB, a rookie FS and a rookie OLB

This season, which I had high hopes for, might really suck

With that much added youth on top of all the other youth, it's kinda unsettling. But hey, that's why we're gonna pound the rock and be just fine.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes, they've had more to work with than anyone could dream of, 5 first round picks 4 of which were top 20, 2 top 10, a decent amount of free agency and a good if lacking core of players. I don't care about the division, they were signed to win in it not cry about it.

It's easy to point out here that no other trio ever had so much ground to make up. Spagnuolo took over a huge rebuild and made it worse. These guys were handed a steaming pile, lets not forget that, this was no ordinary rebuild it was/is the biggest ever.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Looking at it from an optimistic point of view in Snishers 2 years we've signed 4 big time free agents:

Finnegan - Cut
Wells - People begging for him to be cut
Long - People want to draft a LT in the top 6 this year
Cook - massive disappointment

Meanwhile we've signed a couple of low cost free agents who have turned out to be much better signings.
Langford and Dunbar have worked out fairly well and Long and Cook are in a state of wait and see. I think we need to give it a week or so in FA before we freak the F out, we have more holes than any realistic draft should be expected to fill. If the plan is for the young guys to step up we could be in trouble. Maybe Mutt and Jeff are scheming something the rest of us are not able to see

It's easy to point out here that no other trio ever had so much ground to make up. Spagnuolo took over a huge rebuild and made it worse. These guys were handed a steaming pile, lets not forget that, this was no ordinary rebuild it was/is the biggest ever.

Hypothetical:

You're a highly sort after head coach, you have two offers on the table, both for the same amount of money, offer 1 you can either have:

Jon Ryan, P
Ben Obomanu, WR
Cameron Morrah, TE
Deon Butler, CB
Red Bryant, DT
Marcus Trufant, CB
Leroy Hill, LB
Brandon Mebane, DT
Max Unger C

or

Eugene Sims, DE
Jake McQuaide, LS
Robert Quinn, DE
Austin Pettis, WR
Lance Kendricks, TE
Sam Bradford, QB
Chris Long, DE
James Laurinaitis, LB

Which one do you go for?

Nah you're right I'd probably go list A as well.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I know we're never going to agree on this... but no he didn't.

Linehan left the team with really nothing except Steven Jackson and Chris Long. That list of names becomes significantly longer looking at what Saffold left. Although the lack of any good choices for the 2009 #2, the jettisoning of young upside for one year vets in 2011, and the huge injury factor in 2011 really hurt our efforts to get where we want to go.