OJ Howard Cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DLux27

Rookie
I’d spin the wheels on Howard as the third TE. He hasn’t lived up to his draft status but as a backup he’s intriguing. Still young and very athletic. Also a big body, dude is massive. Thoughts?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I’d spin the wheels on Howard as the third TE. He hasn’t lived up to his draft status but as a backup he’s intriguing. Still young and very athletic. Also a big body, dude is massive. Thoughts?

I doubt the rams get him. There has to be a reason why the dude can't last with any team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s never been as good as his draft status, I’ll pass

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Shouldn't our TE3 or TE4 be one of our teams best blockers ?

I think remember reading that Howard greatly improved his blocking recently under Arians, after Arians made a comment about TEs being around the block and not catch passes, which pissed a lot of TE and OJ Howard boosters off?

In any event, I do not want Howard. He was hyped coming out of college but has not lived up to it and has had plenty of opportunities. As always, I would defer to the Rams pro scouting entirely if they deem him worth acquiring. They rarely if ever miss. But I'd rather roll with what we have in house. I do think he will find a home soon. He has talent, TE is a thin position, and lots of rosters far weaker than the Rams will be looking to add talent in whatever form they can find it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Does he still have his Bills playbook?
Won't matter he wasn't studying it anyhow. Word on the street was him and G Rob were practicing rap lyrics instead of the playbook.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I believe OJ Howard also had a torn achillies. I'd imagine he hasn't exactly looked as good since then.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I think the biggest knock on OJ Howard was his trouble picking up playbooks and schemes... at least from what I've read. He seems like a great physical talent, but a lot of times that doesn't transfer to an NFL field. Maybe McVay and crew could teach him...? I'd be down to try him but not sure whose roster spot would be worth the risk

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe OJ Howard also had a torn achillies. I'd imagine he hasn't exactly looked as good since then.
That's exactly it. Hasn't looked like the same player since tearing his Achilles. Looked like he was going to be a star back in 2018.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's exactly it. Hasn't looked like the same player since tearing his Achilles. Looked like he was going to be a star back in 2018.
Riddle me this Batman. Who was the better pick?

Josh Ross #9’cinncy?

OJ Howard #17

Or Les Snead trading back & drafting Gerald Everett? Adding John Johnson.
Just in salary cap alone The Rams did better. Add the comps picks as well.

Snead talks about winning a championship in April(March)