Ohhhhhhh Johnny

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

markstewart67

Rookie
FROM TWITTER
That's interesting ... RT @RossTuckerNFL Browns HC Mike Pettine just told us on @SiriusXMNFL that a "Manziel package" is "on the table".

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer

Glad we didn't take him!!
GO RAMS!!!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Im not a Manziel fan and don't think he will be an effective QB in the NFL but what is Cleveland doing???

FRO

Legend
What is he doing with his package on the table? That move didn't work well for Mike Singletary.

markstewart67

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know the first thing he needs to learn to play in the NFL. He needs to learn how to slide feet first!! That kids about to get his head knocked clean off sliding head first all the time.
GO RAMS!!!

jjab360

Legend
Either throw him in there or don't, imo. The way they're going about it makes it seem like they don't think he's ready to start, but they're just pandering to the fans.

FRO

Legend
Manziel's problem is he is ineffective passing in the pocket. 75% of his passes in college came from outside the pocket. Throw in the fact that he had superior offensive line protection that he won't get in the NFL and you have a recipe for disaster. Not saying he will fail, just saying he may need one to two years of bench duty so he can develop. The guy didn't have a playbook and didn't huddle in college or highschool. He didn't take snaps from under center or go through all the drops either. He is raw as they come. Why they didn't take Bridgewater is beyond me. Manziel was a third round prospect.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Manziel's problem is he is ineffective passing in the pocket. 75% of his passes in college came from outside the pocket. Throw in the fact that he had superior offensive line protection that he won't get in the NFL and you have a recipe for disaster. Not saying he will fail, just saying he may need one to two years of bench duty so he can develop. The guy didn't have a playbook and didn't huddle in college or highschool. He didn't take snaps from under center or go through all the drops either. He is raw as they come. Why they didn't take Bridgewater is beyond me. Manziel was a third round prospect.

I agree he was a guy that you'd maybe gamble a late pick on, but never a first rounder. This is going to hurt the Browns unless they suck really badly this year and can draft a QB in the top 5 next year.

That team could win the division with a guy under center that can play.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe he is referring to a package of plays for Johnny, not dealing him?
Yeah, that's what it means.

Mike Pettine: Two-QB system with Johnny Manziel is 'on the table'
By John Breech | CBSSports.com

August 22, 2014 5:07 pm ET
Manziel-Hoyer-two-QB-system.final.jpg

Mike Pettine has tentative plans to play both Johnny Manziel and Brian Hoyer. (USATSI)

Johnny Manziel might not be the starting quarterback in Cleveland, but that doesn't mean he won't be on the field for the Browns in games where Brian Hoyer's starting.

Coach Mike Pettine said on Friday that a two-platoon system, where Manziel has his own offensive package, is 'on the table' for Cleveland.

"I think in the NFL that you do yourself a disservice if you don't have two quarterbacks ready. And people have asked me about potentially a two-quarterback system and having a package for [Manziel]. That is on the table," Pettine told SiriusXM NFL Radio.

If the Browns do go to a two quarterback system, it doesn't sound like it's something that will happen during the first few weeks of the season. Pettine wants Hoyer, who was just named the team's starter on Aug. 20, to get comfortable running the Browns offense first.

"I don't know if that's anything that we want to commit to just now," Pettine said of using two quarterbacks. "I think Brian, because of the competition, is a little behind, with the chemistry and continuity in working with that first group. I think that is something that we can potentially look at down the road."

Pettine had talked about the possibility of a two quarterback system in July, but he didn't say whether or not he favored it.

"I think there's positives and negatives to it," Pettine said. "You're taking your starter off the field. You have his rhythm and continuity to take into account, but at the same time defensively you're now forcing a team to basically come up with two game plans."

That last sentence is why this makes sense. As a former defensive coordinator, Pettine knows that if he just says Manziel might play, then a team will have to prepare for Manziel even though Pettine could conceivably have zero plans of playing Manziel or running a two-quarterback system. It's a reverse smokescreen, smokescreen.

If Manziel does stay on the bench though, you can always just buy a 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirt.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...stem-featuring-johnny-manziel-is-on-the-table

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think a 2 QB system isn't a good idea. I mean it's worked how many times?

That said... If there was a QB option to change the pace, Manziel could be the first.

Doesn't make him any less douchey, tho.

FRO

Legend
I think a 2 QB system isn't a good idea. I mean it's worked how many times?

That said... If there was a QB option to change the pace, Manziel could be the first.

Doesn't make him any less douchey, tho.
You don't remember Tebow and Sanchez?