"Oh The Niners are gonna be pissed..."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Why does the media use this logic when trying to predict who's going to win and lose?

Cause this logic was FLAWLESS last weekend when the Niners got rolled in their own house... " but..but..but the niners were mad about their embarrassment in seattle!"

And it kinda comes off to me as "oh, the rams won't be mad about losing badly either..they're just totally nonchalant, sippin' wine one pinkie up like a san fran native."

some people

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If they're going to use that logic, then it has to be universally applied.

Think the Rams aren't pissed right now? Think they wanna drop one in their own house?

Bitch, please.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
If they're going to use that logic, then it has to be universally applied.

Think the Rams aren't pissed right now? Think they wanna drop one in their own house?

Bitch, please.

exactly

jap

Legend
We need to be perfect at home. Therefore, we need to treat all visiting teams like rude, unwelcome guests.

fearsomefour

Legend
Pretty tough when the stadium has a high percentage of the visiting teams fans in it. Hopefully that wont be the case this year but in years past there has been a lot of red in the seats when SF comes to St. Louis.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I hate to say this, but barring some miracle where the O & D finally wake up, solve their coverage problems, quit making dumb mistakes and penalties, the Rams will soon find themselves 1-3.

I just have a real hard time believing they can turn the ship round in 4 days. It seems impossible to me under the circumstrances. But hey, maybe Kat-nip and company will have "one of those Ram days."....let's hope.

Me, I'm expecting "some" improvement (how could it not be otherwise), but not enough to get this team in a position to compete for the division.

It's only the 4th game of the season, I can handle the 1-2, but not the ridiculous play we've seen so far........hopefully, Fisher and company get most of it worked out by game 5. :bummed:

duckhunter

Starter
I'm very confident that the game won't be rained out. Other than that, I know nothing.

RamzFanz

Damnit
ramsince62 said:
I hate to say this, but barring some miracle where the O & D finally wake up, solve their coverage problems, quit making dumb mistakes and penalties, the Rams will soon find themselves 1-3.

I just have a real hard time believing they can turn the ship round in 4 days. It seems impossible to me under the circumstrances. But hey, maybe Kat-nip and company will have "one of those Ram days."....let's hope.

Me, I'm expecting "some" improvement (how could it not be otherwise), but not enough to get this team in a position to compete for the division.

It's only the 4th game of the season, I can handle the 1-2, but not the ridiculous play we've seen so far........hopefully, Fisher and company get most of it worked out by game 5. :bummed:

+1

Anyone wondering why the only team we beat, barely, was the only team who hadn't seen tape on the Rams? Every team since has demonstrated exactly how to beat the Rams. Run out 8 yards, turn, catch the ball, repeat. Go as long as you want because Finny will be 2 steps behind with no safety in sight. Have a star receiver? The Rams won't cover him. Have an actual run game? It's gonna be a blowout.

Here's what I see coming:

Gore destroys the Rams and him and Harbaugh literally kiss and make up. The Niners throw to receivers who's name you've never heard or you thought they were dead, and they have record games.

Of course, that could change if Fisher and Schotty listen to what the entire NFL community is yelling; soft passing Ds don't work and slow uninspired offenses that show nothing even slightly opportunistic or even interesting, don't score points.

Possible surprise highlights: The Rams actually call running plays and run Pead with SOMEONE making holes for him and he emerges. They do this in the no huddle and/or hurry up so they score early and often. The Niners D is reeling from the fast paced attack and can't contain TA, Givens, and Cook because they can't get the right packages on the field and they have to respect the run.

But seriously, we all know that ain't happening.

Here's another possibility: I'm dead wrong and soft passing D and uninspired offense is a smart and effective way to win games. A new paradigm in football where blocking doesn't matter, running the same obvious plays over and over will redeem different results, letting 6-8 yard passes every down stops offenses, and not playing to your players skill sets confuses the opponent so much they don't know what to do. Could be.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: "Oh The Niners are gonna be pissed..."

Jeez.

sent via Tapatalk.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
duckhunter said:
I'm very confident that the game won't be rained out. Other than that, I know nothing.

I can't find anything in here to argue about.

Ramatik

Starter
I know that last year, after the game with the Pats, I slipped right back into the Ram Funk.

The year ended up pretty well.

I don't know why they slipped up as badly as they did. But I do know that even the best teams occasionally lay an egg.

Hopefully, that's just the case.

Now, as far as the OP is concerned:

It's a phrase used when a good team loses. See, a team that everyone thought was a Superbowl contender would surely come back the next game and take it out on their unsuspecting opponent. Harbaugh never lost two games in a row huh?

I think the Rams should be even more pissed. They didn't make the playoffs last year. They were completely dismissed in the division this year. They lost their last two games. And they are in their house.

I'm pissed.

tonyl711

Starter
think they are pissed now? wait till we kick their asses and put kapernick on IR.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Wait, ESPN is saying the 9ers are angry and have something to prove...?

Ain't nobody got time for dat...

duckhunter

Starter
How much money would you pay to piss on Harbaugh? Too bad we couldn't have one of those auctions or contests, where the prize is pissing on Harbaugh. It would rival the pissing on the commissioner contest.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The 49ers are the defending NFC Champs and a high profile team the past couple years...down on their luck to start the season...of course ESPN is going to hype them up. That is what interests the general fan.

If a 1-2 Patriots team was about to play a 1-2 Bills team who do you think they would say is angry and would be chomping at the bit? Or a 1-2 Broncos team about to play a 1-2 Raiders team.

Sorry to say, but the lowly state that the Rams have been in for the past 7 or 8 years has resulted in low expectations and low interest among the general media.

So pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...it's all about appealing to the audience.