Oh. My. God. I weep for my childrens' future.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I think I am going to cry now for our future.

It's sad that this is happening.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re:

interference said:
RamFan503 said:
interference said:
RamFan503 said:
But then if you understand the origination of the public education system then you know that the major push was to create a steady flow of worker drones that would not challenge the elites. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Seems to be working as planned.
"No Child Left Behind' Law

Talkin' a LOOOOOOONNGGGGG time before that.
depends how u interpret goals of the law.

You mean when at the end of the 19th century, industrialists giving millions to those pushing and propagating a public education system in order to provide industry with a force educated enough to read, write, and do basic math but not educated enough to question those in power? The goals of THOSE laws?

As a bit of background, the industrial titans of the 1890's began to think that not only could the production line be engineered, but people's lives could be engineered as well, in order to work like homogeneous robots with the machines. Rockefeller and Carnegie gave huge sums to prominent academics to see if this could be realized through the educational system. They found that to a considerable extent it could, and it is still being done today as evidenced in the Congressional Record during the Clinton administration.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
interference said:
RamFan503 said:
interference said:
RamFan503 said:
But then if you understand the origination of the public education system then you know that the major push was to create a steady flow of worker drones that would not challenge the elites. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Seems to be working as planned.
"No Child Left Behind' Law

Talkin' a LOOOOOOONNGGGGG time before that.
depends how u interpret goals of the law.

You mean when at the end of the 19th century, industrialists giving millions to those pushing and propagating a public education system in order to provide industry with a force educated enough to read, write, and do basic math but not educated enough to question those in power? The goals of THOSE laws?

As a bit of background, the industrial titans of the 1890's began to think that not only could the production line be engineered, but people's lives could be engineered as well, in order to work like homogeneous robots with the machines. Rockefeller and Carnegie gave huge sums to prominent academics to see if this could be realized through the educational system. They found that to a considerable extent it could, and it is still being done today as evidenced in the Congressional Record during the Clinton administration.
Yup!

"No Child Left Behind" takes on an entirely different meaning after considering the history of "education" in America.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
"No Child Let Ahead" is what I like to call it. It has the same outcome.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Heaven forbid that schools are made to inform parents when they are failing to educate and then give the parents a choice as to where their kids will go to school.

My kids ended up going to a charter school after their HS was demonstrating its uselessness. My oldest ended up as the Valedictorian of his graduating class and is attending OSU's engineering program. My youngest is taking college classes two days a week as a Junior in HS. He has one class requirement for his entire senior year and will be getting many of his entry level classes out of the way before he goes on to Oregon.

If you ignore the smear campaign waged by the NEA and gov't employee unions, you might see that "No Child Left Behind" while imperfect, has actually benefited those who will get involved in their kids' education. Is it flawed? Sure. Were we better off without it? Not in my opinion.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
As you can probably tell from many of my posts, I didn't attend institutionalized schooling. Unfortunately, just about all those school programs were shut down by the start of the 1980's, and I'm not really even aware of private options any longer. Whatever you call it, after some 150 years of relentless attack on education, all of us are worse off, even those attending $50K/yr private schools.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
As you can probably tell from many of my posts, I didn't attend institutionalized schooling. Unfortunately, just about all those school programs were shut down by the start of the 1980's, and I'm not really even aware of private options any longer. Whatever you call it, after some 150 years of relentless attack on education, all of us are worse off, even those attending $50K/yr private schools.

Pretty much.

superfan24

Starter
RamFan503 said:
Heaven forbid that schools are made to inform parents when they are failing to educate and then give the parents a choice as to where their kids will go to school.

My kids ended up going to a charter school after their HS was demonstrating its uselessness. My oldest ended up as the Valedictorian of his graduating class and is attending OSU's engineering program. My youngest is taking college classes two days a week as a Junior in HS. He has one class requirement for his entire senior year and will be getting many of his entry level classes out of the way before he goes on to Oregon.

If you ignore the smear campaign waged by the NEA and gov't employee unions, you might see that "No Child Left Behind" while imperfect, has actually benefited those who will get involved in their kids' education. Is it flawed? Sure. Were we better off without it? Not in my opinion.

Thank goodness your son has some sense to go to Oregon and not the scummy school down south :tooth:
Oregon looks like an awesome place to attend school especially in that sick football stadium.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So today I got to ask the group of 7th graders. When I asked "how many think the whole story, the love angle AND the actual boat is made up?" Not a hand raised. When I asked "how many think there really was a ship called Titanic and hundreds of people really died?" every single hand rose. So there is some hope!

Next goal is w/ the 6th graders.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Angry Ram said:
So today I got to ask the group of 7th graders. When I asked "how many think the whole story, the love angle AND the actual boat is made up?" Not a hand raised. When I asked "how many think there really was a ship called Titanic and hundreds of people really died?" every single hand rose. So there is some hope!

Well, that's good. Maybe they will be able to take care of the generation right in front of them.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Angry Ram said:

I would really appreciate it if you would also ask them "where do we (ie Americans) get our rights from"? I don't know many adults who know the right answer to this question, as the media does such a good job of propagating falsehoods in this regard.

steferfootball

Starter
interference said:
Angry Ram said:

I would really appreciate it if you would also ask them "where do we (ie Americans) get our rights from"? I don't know many adults who know the right answer to this question, as the media does such a good job of propagating falsehoods in this regard.
President Obama gives me my rights. He also gives me his money from his stach.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
steferfootball said:
interference said:
Angry Ram said:

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" Ben Franklin

Pretty simple really.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
steferfootball said:
OMFG is that funny...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q[/youtube]