Oh Crap... Hackett has Scheduled a 2nd visit with the Rams.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Nathaniel Hackett - C - Free Agent
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports ex-Bills OC Nathaniel Hackett is scheduled for a second interview regarding the same position in St. Louis.

Per La Canfora, new Bills OC Greg Roman would also like to keep Hackett on staff. The Redskins and Jaguars are reportedly interested in Hackett as a potential quarterbacks coach.
Related: Rams

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Jan 26 - 2:09 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope Chud didn't decline to come in for a visit... Why would they interview him a second time before Chud has had his first interview... Not looking good. I'd rather promote Boras than hire this guy. but what do I know.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

maybe they've forgotten what he said the first time. it was such a long time ago. they just want a refresher interview so they can compare candidates.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Not sure why people are so against Hackett. Have you guys really seen enough to know for sure that he would be a bad hire? Or are you just going off what Bills fans are saying about him? Either way, I don't think it's fair to judge how the guy would do here before he has even been hired.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or are you just going off what Bills fans are saying about him?

bills fans would get very upset when he would continually run spiller up the middle and have jackson running out wide and catching passes.

does that sound familiar to you?

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
bills fans would get very upset when he would continually run spiller up the middle and have jackson running out wide and catching passes.

does that sound familiar to you?

But that's exactly my question, have you seen that this is the case yourself, or is this just coming from fans of the team he has just left, and therefore will of course be saying he is terrible.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But that's exactly my question, have you seen that this is the case yourself, or is this just coming from fans of the team he has just left, and therefore will of course be saying he is terrible.

i didn't see it myself but would read about it during/after games. they hated him with a passion.

jjab360

Legend
Not sure why people are so against Hackett. Have you guys really seen enough to know for sure that he would be a bad hire? Or are you just going off what Bills fans are saying about him? Either way, I don't think it's fair to judge how the guy would do here before he has even been hired.
Exactly what I was going to say.

V3

Hall of Fame
Has Fisher ever had a good OC? Serious question. And I'm talking about a guy that was considered an innovative, creative, top 5 offense type OC.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well, considering that there were lots of warning from Jets fans about the last OC we had that turned out to be pretty spot on, I'd say the opinions of Bills fans doesn't exactly help sell the hire.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
90% of NFL fans hate their team's offensive coordinator with a passion so that's not really saying anything..

that doesn't change the fact he would make spiller run between the tackles and jackson out wide while also catching passes. does that sound like an oc using players to their strengths?

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Well, considering that there were lots of warning from Jets fans about the last OC we had that turned out to be pretty spot on, I'd say the opinions of Bills fans doesn't exactly help sell the hire.
I don't see how fans opinions of a co-ordinator mean much of anything tbh.
As we found out with our own Greg Williams this last year, a co-ordinator can go from saviour, to villian, back to hero in the space of a season.
Greg Roman is another example, the Whiners fans loved him until this year, then they couldn't wait to see him leave.
The success of a co-ordinator is very much tied into the ability of the players at his disposal. When the Rams D players finally caught on with the scheme, Williams was all of a sudden much better. When Nathaniel Hackett had EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton at QB his offense wasn't good, I wouldn't say that's particularly surprising.

jjab360

Legend
that doesn't change the fact he would make spiller run between the tackles and jackson out wide while also catching passes. does that sound like an oc using players to their strengths?

I don't really know much about the Bills personnel, but a RB wouldn't be of much use if they couldn't run between the tackles and Jackson managed 60 catches for 500 yards last year, so... yes?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I trust Fish - but they could be getting a little desperate at this point.