Ogletree

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Man, this loads our front seven with playmakers. I think a good part of our success vs. the Whiners was our speed on D. Ogletree certainly has the ability to improve that OLB spot and gives yet another speedy playmaker in our front 7. Going into the offseason Oline, WR, OLB and S were big needs. We can check several needs off the list. It will certainly be interesting to see how the Rams use Austin and line him up. I would expect plenty of nice punt returns. A good kick returner and a strong legged kicker smells like some easy points to me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm entirely ok with this draft. We addressed two very serious needs with two very serious players.
I absolutely cannot complain about how this went down. Looking forward to day dos.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Really, really excited about this pick. Gives the Rams a long term answer at OLB opposite of Dunbar instead of a stop gap.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Nice job with both picks, although I wish they still had a 2nd round pick. We've certainly got an "E" ticket ride with Austin, assuming that is, they don't kill him out there. If he holds up and performs as expected, he'll be a huge distraction to D's.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsince62 said:
We've certainly got an "E" ticket ride with Austin
Holy shit. I haven't heard the phrase "E ticket" since forever.
That's an old as hell Disney World reference right there. Nice job.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Just finished watching the day one draft. Nice when you can cut through all the BS and commercials. I am really happy with our first two picks. Austin is going to add an element to the offense and the special teams that we haven't seen since GSOT days. I haven't been this excited for a receiver since Torry "Big Game" Holt was drafted in '99. Ogletree will also add another element to the defense with his speed and athleticism. These are two very good picks and I can't wait for the rest of the draft to unfold. We are on our way no doubt!

GO RAMS!

jap

Legend
The Dude said:
I'm entirely ok with this draft. We addressed two very serious needs with two very serious players.
I absolutely cannot complain about how this went down. Looking forward to day dos.

Two serious needs? In Tavon alone, we have a PR, KR, slot WR, conventional WR, and a special utility RB. :cool:

I love Ogletree's safety speed & quicks in a LB body. Good instincts and tackling fundamentals, a heat seeking missile with respect to the ball carrier.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
ramsince62 said:
Well that's because I am old as hell, :lmao:

Glad I could bring back an old memory for ye.

To be honest, I'm having a difficult time not getting too excited about the 1st 2 picks so far. Now my attention's directed towards a safety, it's killing me that we don't have a 2nd round pick. In your opinion, will a 3rd round pick get it done?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsince62 said:
The Dude said:
ramsince62 said:
Well that's because I am old as hell, :lmao:

Glad I could bring back an old memory for ye.

To be honest, I'm having a difficult time not getting too excited about the 1st 2 picks so far. Now my attention's directed towards a safety, it's killing me that we don't have a 2nd round pick. In your opinion, will a 3rd round pick get it done?
I have a suspicion that we'll end up with a 2nd round pick pretty soon.

nighttrain

Legend
jap said:
The Dude said:

Two serious needs? In Tavon alone, we have a PR, KR, slot WR, conventional WR, and a special utility RB. :cool:

I love Ogletree's safety speed & quicks in a LB body. Good instincts and tackling fundamentals, a heat seeking missile with respect to the ball carrier.
First two picks in this draft look to be HRs for the Rams, perfect world when need meets talent. Fish & Snead keep this up and i'm gonna get spoiled. :cheese:
train