Ogletree said he hyperextended his elbow. Said it’s “looking up” for next week.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wonder if Hager could be an option as a replacement run defender for Barron of tyhey struggle next week. Looked good in coverage too.

Bryce Hager is a outstanding replacement or relief for Ogletree in the responsibilities of communicating & insuring the instructions of Wade are followed, however Bryce Hager falls very short as a run defender equal to Alec Ogletree. Yes Tree has a few holes in his game in run game but overall for a ILB'er he has some of the best talents & skills in the NFL today.

Ogletree will never be a excellent run stuffer who remains on the field in first & second & short downs & then departs the field letting a DB fills his cleats on passing downs but he a ISLB'er who can play on all the snaps on defense in every game too. His abilities in coverage may be one of the best in the NFL today. Wade might consider drafting a run stuffer ILB'er or trading for Eagles former 34 Inside LB in the off season like Mychal Kendricks to team with Barron & Tree.

Instead I would suggest looking to the DL for the answer instead...where Snead resigns UFA NT Tyrunn Walker & drafts a bona fide real Nose DL'er in the 2018 draft. This upcoming draft has an abundance or PURE Nose Guard types that are very good ones. Here's small sample:

Vita Vea 6-5 345
Da Ron Payne 6-2 325
Reg McKenzie 6-3 325
Matt Elam 6-6 360
Ken Norte 6-3 320
Olive Sagapolu 6-2 340
Lowell Lotulelei 6-2 315

P.S. You think that Aaron Donald would have positive thoughts towards signing a more friendly contract if he witnessed the Rams Org investing priceless draft wealth in a massive Nose that is a talented space eater who would play next to him making his assignments all that much easier on Sundays?? Think on that!

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I am saying pair him with Ogletree in place of Barron in regards to run D... or leave Barron in as the 8th in the box if they go that route.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am saying pair him with Ogletree in place of Barron in regards to run D... or leave Barron in as the 8th in the box if they go that route.
I would not replace Mark Barron @ anytime unless he is injured or needs a rest break or if we are up in the 4th by 3 scores then let Littleton play.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
That flip was sketchy , very awkward landing I thought he might land on his feet. Happy he is ok , he is a huge piece on this defense and always makes "splash " plays

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: https://twitter.com/EllardHop85/status/937703945350328320

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Ogletree-Optimistic-about-Prognosis-after-Elbow-Injury/2c5e7cf6-a62c-41ec-a152-2aca574ec702

Ogletree Optimistic about Prognosis after Elbow Injury
Myles Simmons

temp_AMS1656--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Before we go any further, let’s get something straight about middle linebacker Alec Ogletree’s elbow injury.

“For the record, it wasn’t on the touchdown for sure,” Ogletree said, referring to the timing of his injury.

Yes, Ogletree flipped into the end zone at the end of his pick six in the first quarter. And yes, Ogletree left the game after suffering what he told the media was a hyperextended elbow. But the two instances were not related.

If you watch the replay, Ogletree lands his flip on his right side. The injury was to his left elbow. And Ogletree said it occurred on the next series.

“I was on a tackle and got hit on it — a little friendly fire,” Ogletree said, meaning he got hit by a teammate. “So it happens, it’s a part of the game. And gotta get some treatment and stuff to see where we go from here.”

There has been no official word from the team as to Ogletree’s availability in the coming weeks. But the middle linebacker — who has not missed a game since suffering a lower-leg fracture in 2015 — sounded optimistic about the possibility of playing next Sunday.

“Right now, it’s looking up to be ready for next week. I’m going to see what they say tomorrow,” Ogletree said. “But right now, it’s just going to take a lot of treatment.”

After suffering the injury, Ogletree said he was in a significant amount of pain and couldn’t really use his arm to try to tackle.

“I wish I didn’t go back out there because I didn’t feel like I was any good to be back out there, and they were definitely running right at me and I couldn’t use my arm,” Ogletree said. “I let my ego get in the way a little bit, I would say.”

But the Georgia product did eventually come out, and reserve linebacker Bryce Hager played admirably in Ogletree’s stead as the defensive signal-caller. Hager finished with a tackle, a quarterback hit, and a pass defensed.

“He did a tremendous job of coming in and filling in the rest of the game,” Ogletree said. “And definitely extremely proud of him for what he did and all the hard work he does, and it showed today.”

“I thought he did a very nice job. Got the calls, got the communication handled the right way,” head coach Sean McVay said. “Hopefully we’ll be able to get Alec back, but very pleased for Bryce.”

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Looks like tree is out Sunday, time to see what Bryce can do in a full game .

Need tree back healthy for seatle and Mr Wilson!