Ogletree has been an animal at MLB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I have been really impressed with him as the season has gone on. He is all over the field. He hits, wraps, and he tackles. He is in or around just about every play. Seems like a completely different player from 2 years ago, when I got the feeling he wasn't a big fan of contact.

He would lay the boom back in college. In the 2012 SEC championship game he was at the goal line and Eddie Lacy came in with a full head of steam. Ogletree took two steps forward and absolutely stuck Lacy. Eddie didn't move another foot and ended up fumbling on the play.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He would lay the boom back in college. In the 2012 SEC championship game he was at the goal line and Eddie Lacy came in with a full head of steam. Ogletree took two steps forward and absolutely stuck Lacy. Eddie didn't move another foot and ended up fumbling on the play.

View: https://youtu.be/AZy_y0on4u8

The hit you're referring to starts at 3:30. Great play by Alec. And he was a lot smaller in college too.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He failed to wrap Forte' up on a hit last week.
If that is the play I think you are talking about, he couldn't wrap because there was an O-Lineman on his left shoulder. During the replay, the announcers said he didn't wrap, but in slow motion, it showed he couldn't due to the position of the O-Lineman. He was making mistakes early in the year, but seems to have cut them down significantly.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Even his harshest critics must concede that Tree is a playmaker. And not just once in a while, either.

We've seen him make two gamesavers already this season through just 9 games.

Know what? As an extra bonus, he's only gonna get better. And who doesn't love his passion? Would be pleased to see half his passion from our O players, TBH.

@Elmgrovegnome. Good catch on the Singletary influence with Tree. I was wrong about Singletary as a consultant/coach. He is now 3 for 3 on developing outstanding MLB's. Well done, sir!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whole defense has played good enough to be at least 6-3 . Let's hope Goff is what they need to take some pressure off the D .

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I have been really impressed with him as the season has gone on. He is all over the field. He hits, wraps, and he tackles. He is in or around just about every play. Seems like a completely different player from 2 years ago, when I got the feeling he wasn't a big fan of contact.

Yep, so true.

He's a full grown man......
He's an animal........

He's a 'MANIMAL'

giphy.gif

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope they get him locked up with a new contract.

JackStraw

Rookie
Ogletree is an animal. I would say he's my second favorite current Ram outside of Robert Quinn.Rams need to make sure AO and AD99 follow Baltimore's model with Ed Reed/Ray Lewis. Retire with the team they were drafted by and maintain excellence all along the way(I realize Ed Reed didn't retire a Raven but his career was basically over before he decided to go play for the Jets)

The day he was drafted I had a real good feeling about the kid. Probably because I knew about him before the draft by watching the FLA/UGA game his final year in college. I remember his name name being announced a lot, along with Jarvis Jones. Luckily(?) Ogletree had some issues as a young man and we were able to draft a top 15 talent at the 30th overall pick. Also grateful that it appears that Ogletree has matured a lot since becoming a pro. He was definetly a high risk pick. Than again, what former SEC stars aren't?

I remember before the 'tree pick I was hoping for either his name to be announced or Matt Elam. Wait to pick the right prospect, Les!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Ogletree is an animal. I would say he's my second favorite current Ram outside of Robert Quinn.

I can't see Quinn over Tree or Donald at this point. Quinn has lost something. Don't get me wrong, he's amazing, but he's not the Quinn that got paid.

JackStraw

Rookie
I can't see Quinn over Tree or Donald at this point. Quinn has lost something. Don't get me wrong, he's amazing, but he's not the Quinn that got paid.
He's not the same player. He can not sustain burning opposing LTs like he used to without getting targeted. I think Quinn is already past his prime but he can still help this team win games for a few more years.

I don't believe Quinn to be as talented as AD, I just like him more. His pure athleticism at the RDE position has been unmatched as far as i've seen. The real killer is that(thanks to injuries provoked by undisciplined opposing LTs that were sick of getting burned) he's appeared to have perma lost his freakish Gumby like flexibility. Although, his near strip of Petty was a great sign that he still somewhat has it.

He's never going to come close to 20 sacks again though because opposing OCs game plan is to not hold the ball in the pocket long enough for the pain to come. It's still nice to see he can still be extremely disruptive without hitting or sacking the QB. His improved rush defense forces runners to change directions straight into our hyperactive LB/DB buzz saw.

TexasRam

Legend
Ogletree has a long way to go as a run stopper and am not sure he will ever be London Fletcher instinctual type of solid run stopped.

But Tree is super talented and athletic and fits our defense pretty good. Moves around and chases people around and drops into coverage real well.

To put it another way. He would be a liability in some schemes but in our scheme is an impact player

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I remember some Miami fan on one of their boards stating something like our middle linebacker was atrocious or something like that. I remember thinking that he must have confused Tree with someone else.