Ogletree has been an animal at MLB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been really impressed with him as the season has gone on. He is all over the field. He hits, wraps, and he tackles. He is in or around just about every play. Seems like a completely different player from 2 years ago, when I got the feeling he wasn't a big fan of contact.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Love his passion. Thats why I love Hard Knocks because that is something I did not know about Tree. I still see some inconsistencies. He failed to wrap Forte' up on a hit last week. I have also seen him choose the wrong gaps on occasions. He did a really nice job aligning the line last week to stop the run. He is improving every week and getting closer to pro-bowl level. The issue is until this team starts winning 10 plus games a season, good players wont get the recognition they deserve.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Seems like a completely different player from 2 years ago, when I got the feeling he wasn't a big fan of contact.
Ouch! you thought Tree didn't wanna hit? Really??? I always thought it was mental for the kid...He makes some of the loudest contact and it's not even with his pads sometimes....I've heard his arms hit shoulder pads with a loud thu-WAP! sound...remember the running back this year that Tree hit and busted his ear? Think it was Thomas Rawls...And if you ever saw him at Georgia, running the middle...I thought he was too slim, and heard him hit a rb...geez that guy runs to contact..
I've wanted him to play the middle since he's gotten here...I believe our defense is so good now because we are extremely strong up the middle..
Brockers-Donald
Barron-Tree
TJ Mac-Mo Alex

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He is a top 5 mlb because of his coverage abilities. I am very confident in this defense going forward we have an all pro caliber player at all 3 stages of the defense with him donald and tru

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Dude is making plays that Lauraunitis would only ever dream of making. Easily a top 5 MLB right now and should make the probowl this year. Same with Mark Barron.

I really hope we can keep this defense together for at least 2 more years.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Ouch! you thought Tree didn't wanna hit? Really??? I always thought it was mental for the kid...He makes some of the loudest contact and it's not even with his pads sometimes....I've heard his arms hit shoulder pads with a loud thu-WAP! sound...remember the running back this year that Tree hit and busted his ear? Think it was Thomas Rawls...And if you ever saw him at Georgia, running the middle...I thought he was too slim, and heard him hit a rb...geez that guy runs to contact..
I've wanted him to play the middle since he's gotten here...I believe our defense is so good now because we are extremely strong up the middle..
Brockers-Donald
Barron-Tree
TJ Mac-Mo Alex
That hit Ogletree made on Marcel Reece was probably the loudest hit I've ever heard.

A55VA6

Legend
He's got a lot to improve on like shedding blocks but he's handled the transition to MLB very well. Good decision by our coaches to let JL walk and move Tree inside.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have been really impressed with him as the season has gone on. He is all over the field. He hits, wraps, and he tackles. He is in or around just about every play. Seems like a completely different player from 2 years ago, when I got the feeling he wasn't a big fan of contact.
And he's still just learning the MLB Position, wait until he gets really comfortable in it!!(y);):D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hiring Singletary was a genius move by Fisher. The Rams lacked that vocal leader on both sides of the ball. I think Mike brought out the best of Alex.

Now to find that guy on offense. The Rams need a vocal cornerstone at OLine to do what Saffold was supposed to do.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He has improved over the season. Still needs some work but he is still young and hasn't played MLB in a while. It is looking like the it will have been the right move.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Brockers-Donald
Barron-Tree
TJ Mac-Mo Alex

Nice post, I agree.

There are one, maybe two guys posting on the Herd every now and then about he isn't getting it done and I don't want to engage them about it but it's obvious they are agenda driven because he is playing as good as expected and this is just his first year.

You have to go back almost TWO DECADES to LF.

And yeah man you are not kidding his speed is making the middle harder for QB's to throw to because the TE's and backs aren't running free. Remember when TE's used to have there way in the middle of the field. Not now.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Brockers-Donald
Barron-Tree
TJ Mac-Mo Alex

I feel like if you are going to include Barron you have to include Joyner. I cannot even believe this dude. I could pull up a few plays from yesterday that Joyner sent a RB backwards when he hit him. Guy is small but man does he pack some power and instincts.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was worried about him at MLB before the season started.

That didn't last long.

:)

Ram65

Legend
I can't compare him to other MLBers in the league because I don't watch enough games. I agree he is getting better as the season goes on. Covers a lot more ground than JL. Does get blocked or moves to the wrong spot some as I imagine most others do to. Tree sure starting to become the leader.

What was the sideline beef with Donald? Tree didn't back down. Hope they worked it out.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I can't compare him to other MLBers in the league because I don't watch enough games. I agree he is getting better as the season goes on. Covers a lot more ground than JL. Does get blocked or moves to the wrong spot some as I imagine most others do to. Tree sure starting to become the leader.

What was the sideline beef with Donald? Tree didn't back down. Hope they worked it out.
They hugged at the end. It's all good. Probably just letting some frustrations out.

Ram65

Legend
They hugged at the end. It's all good. Probably just letting some frustrations out.

They hugged but they started up again with Donald not agreeing with Tree. Donald walked away apparently still very mad. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.